Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is next in the hot seat?

+32
wessy
bryan458
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
JAH
White84
Keegan
Pevensey Pete
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
okocha
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
karlypants
mgsg24
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 27]

501Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 21:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Lennon gets the job I will back him 100%, however it does worry me that numerous jobs have come up since he left Celtic and nobody has touched him with a barge pole.

Time will tell but my pick would still be Hughton.

502Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 22:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think Lennon is another one of those who have managed one club successfully, and is trying to ride high on that one experience. If he comes in, I will support him, until it all goes pear shaped. However, I just don't like him as a person. Even as a player he was an arrogant, know-all twat, and I believe there's a lot of that still there. Just don't like the man.

503Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 22:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:It's Lennon. I hope he does okay. He came across okay when he was a pundit on match of the Day.

Is it?

Nowt on Sky Sports or t'interweb.

Where you getting this from, RT?

From me

504Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 23:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lennon currently 1/10 with Ladbrookes.....brave man to bet against anyone else getting the job now with those odds.

Oh and Bolton's next managers betting option has been removed from Paddy Power.

505Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 23:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon reminds me of Roy Keane. Similar temperament and personality. Good people to have in the trenches when the shit hits the fan. I'm not sure how it equates on a football pitch but if Lennon can instil half the discipline and work ethic of somebody like Bruce Rioch then he will do for me.

506Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 23:17

It's Megson time again!

He's a Ginner with little or no pedigree for the job, but Phil knows best!

I would have gone with Hughton or Clarke for the record, but what do I know......?

Really, really....fucking really........ hope I'm proved wrong.

But I can't see it.

507Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 23:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:It's Megson time again!

He's a Ginner with little or no pedigree for the job, but Phil knows best!

I would have gone with Hughton or Clarke for the record, but what do I know......?

Really, really....fucking really........ hope I'm proved wrong.

But I can't see it.
I can't see Megson coming back....Surely not?!

508Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 23:47

That's not what I was suggesting.

As you well know........

Where you been anyway.....?

509Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sat 11 Oct - 23:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:That's not what I was suggesting.

As you well know........

Where you been anyway.....?
I wish I had been doing something exciting but DIY/painting.

I feel worn out, I have been up and down a ladder with a paint roller in my hand for the last fortnight.

It's the most boring task ever! Evil or Very Mad

510Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 0:09

That's just your CIA cover, isn't it?

The lowly decorator.......

You've been in Syria trying sort things out, haven't you?

You and Agent Magoo.

You don't have to confirm it, mate......keep up the good work.

Just keep an eye on "you know who", because he's not the most stable of individuals, is he?

I can't believe MI6 passed him for field service...........

511Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 7:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it is Lennon, Gartside deserves an apology from all Bolton fans, he has got an absolute gem.

512Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 9:13

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

scottjames30 wrote:If it is Lennon, Gartside deserves an apology from all Bolton fans, he has got an absolute gem.
Not read the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when you posted that then. The hot seat is getting hotter for PG lets hope too hot for him to sit in it.

513Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 13:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon set to be named new Bolton Wanderers manager

Bolton Wanderers hope to parade their new manager on Monday, with Neil Lennon on the verge of being named as Dougie Freedman’s successor.

Bolton sacked Freedman at the start of this month after almost two years in the role, with the team rooted to the foot of the Championship. Tony Mowbray, Steve Clarke and Chris Hughton were amongst those subsequently linked with the Lancashire club but it is understood Lennon will be handed a new job in management, six months after leaving the same post at Celtic.

Lennon had been approached by the Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad within the last fortnight but opted against a move to the middle east. He was also believed to be in the frame to replace Felix Magath at Fulham but it was Bolton who moved quicker to secure the Northern Irishman.

As the manager of Celtic, Lennon won three Scottish championships in a row and two Scottish Cups. His reign will perhaps be best remembered for the run to the last 16 of the Champions League in season 2012/13, which included a memorable win over Barcelona in Glasgow. Bolton have claimed just five points from 11 Championship games, having won just a single match. Their next fixture is away to fellow strugglers Birmingham City on Saturday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

514Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 13:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't really know much about this guy, is he someone to get excited about?  He does have a good record as a manager at Celtic but the Scotch league is a whole different kettle of fish though.

Thoughts?

515Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 13:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People underestimate how hard the Celtic job is, on and off the pitch. He did a good job there under very difficult circumstances. Mowbray, who some people liked, failed there. Their current manager hasn't been able to instil the kind of passion (so far) that Lennon could.

this job (if he does get it) is a whole different kettle of fish, just as hard if not harder. Will be a huge learning curve. 

wouldn't have been my first choice but one thing you can say about his Celtic team was they fought like hell for him.

516Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 13:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:That's just your CIA cover, isn't it?

The lowly decorator.......

You've been in Syria trying sort things out, haven't you?

You and Agent Magoo.

You don't have to confirm it, mate......keep up the good work.

Just keep an eye on "you know who", because he's not the most stable of individuals, is he?

I can't believe MI6 passed him for field service...........
Sorry mate I think that went over my head last night, was goosed when I got in! Very Happy

517Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 13:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to disagree with Hipster about the difficulty of the Celtic job.
They say 'In the country of the blind,the one eyed man is king',and,in this case,
the one eyed man is Celtic,and I don't think his abilities can be fairly judged on that basis.
Lennon really can't lose,in that,were we to be relegated,the excuses are already to hand,and his reputation wouldn't take that much of a hit.
Be a success however,and he's suddenly Dr Magic.
At the end of the day,we're simply a stepping stone to bigger things.

518Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 14:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not suggesting the Celtic job is the hardest in world football, but people suggesting any old mug could go up there and win, I don't agree. 

This will be a comprehensive test of his abilities thats for sure.

519Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 14:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not suggesting the Celtic job is the hardest in world football, but people suggesting any old mug could go up there and win, I don't agree. 

Get real Hipster, Celtic have far more resources than any other club in Scottish football. What Lennon "achieved" was the least anyone should expect.

520Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 26 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Sun 12 Oct - 18:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If all managers do it for the money and Lennon turned down £2 million a year in the Gulf, what is PG offering him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum