Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far?

+12
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Numpty 28723
bwfc71
Angry Dad
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Bernard Dennis Park
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have watched more of these Olympics than I ever imagined I would, but bugger me, some of these "sports" might be enjoyable to take part in, but they are bloody boring to watch.

Take the shooting this afternoon for example. Ok, Peter Wilson did well to win the gold medal and there's definitely skill to what he does, but wasn't the actual competition the most boring bit of TV you've seen this year?

Basically it was six blokes each taking 200 shots at the same bloody clay. The clays didn't vary in size or speed, and seemed to be in virtually the same position for all 1200 of the buggers. When I used to play shooting on 'Hypersports' on the Commodore 64 the clays weren't predictable at all, they came at differing speeds and heights. Peter Wilson would have had no chance against me.

And closely following the shooting in the boredom stakes is the judo. Did any of you watch that Gemma Gibbons take silver for GB earlier today? Every credit to the woman but what a bloody boring sport. As far as I could tell each "fight" was two women wearing oversized dressing gowns, and each woman was trying to grab the lapels of their opponents dressing gown. And every few seconds the referee had to stop the "fight" so one of the women could retreive the dressing gown belt that had fallen off.

Shooting & Judo are not spectator sports. Any others?

2Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope, haven't been bored for a single second of the sports i've watched.

Stop trolling the Olympics.

3Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wasn't the actual competition the most boring bit of TV you've seen this year?

Only got half way through your post, because it is ridiculous and you are trolling, can't be arsed reading the rest. You've already got one "I hate the Olympics thread" with loads of comments, why do you need a 2nd one?

Anyway I just wanted to ask you how you can rate anything at the Olympics as "the most boring bit of TV you've seen this year" in the same year as the royal flotilla on the diamond jubilee weekend. You're an idiot.

4Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:45

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The football. I've only paid attention when Sordells been on the pitch.

5Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Largehat, Hipster, you've both lost the ability to see what's right in front of your face. Fair enough, you love the Olympics and won't hear a word against it, but if I was to organise a shooting competition on your nearest park next weekend you wouldn't go within 50 yards of it.

And even if you did, no way would you stick around for 1200 identical clays.

You're hooked on the Olympics, not the sport itself.

6Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:51

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:The football. I've only paid attention when Sordells been on the pitch.

I second this.

(mens football)

7Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, answer my question about the flotilla in a convincing way and I'll consider taking your opinion seriously.

8Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Natasha, answer my question about the flotilla in a convincing way and I'll consider taking your opinion seriously.

I'm not taking anything seriously until you remove that avatar of Coyle doing a trump.

9Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
And even if you did, no way would you stick around for 1200 identical clays.

That isn't what happens. There are three qualifying rounds of 50 clays each and then a final with 50 more clays for each of the 6 finalists. So the final consisted of 300 clays and it was an Olympic final FFS.

10Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's the same as saying "if someone was playing sunday league down the park you wouldn't go near it! But you'll watch the world cup!"

11Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
So the final consisted of 300 clays and it was an Olympic final FFS.

My point exactly, the pinnicle of shooting competitions - yet they fire at identical clays for an hour. Where is the skill in that...was the clay machine stuck on 'beginner' level?

12Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Basketball, I have tried watch it and get into but I can't stand the sport to be honest, sorry to any basketball fans on here but I just find it very dull.

13Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Basketball, I have tried watch it and get into but I can't stand the sport to be honest, sorry to any basketball fans on here but I just find it very dull.

Foes list.

14Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Basketball, I have tried watch it and get into but I can't stand the sport to be honest, sorry to any basketball fans on here but I just find it very dull.

lol!

15Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Foes list.

lol!

16Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:
So the final consisted of 300 clays and it was an Olympic final FFS.

My point exactly, the pinnicle of shooting competitions - yet they fire at identical clays for an hour. Where is the skill in that...was the clay machine stuck on 'beginner' level?

You're incredibly versatile, Natasha. You can flip from pretending you dislike something to being deliberately ignorant better than anyone else I've ever encountered. You know full well there is no such thing as 'identical' clays. Under that veneer of complete and utter bollocks is some sort of sensible human being. I believe.

17Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Foes list.

Haha, I thought you might put me on that after you read it. Very Happy

18Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

You're incredibly versatile, Natasha. You can flip from pretending you dislike something to being deliberately ignorant better than anyone else I've ever encountered. You know full well there is no such thing as 'identical' clays. Under than veneer of complete and utter bollocks is some sort of sensible human being. I believe.

Watch it again Largehat, all Wilson's clays were sent up at exactly the same speed and angle. Apparently they stopped varying the height and speed some years ago because it was too difficult.

19Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's impossible for two projectiles to be launched at the exact same speed and trajectory. The variations are infinite. That's physics.

Your "argument" is like saying they should only have 3 legs of darts in a darts match because the dartboard is in a fixed position and because the darts players should be able to hit the treble 20 every time they go for it.

Shooting is a sport of skill and precision and CONSISTENCY.

20Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:06

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes because we all know that in other sports the nets get smaller and the ball gets heavier as you go up the leagues..

This isn't The Super Mario Olympics..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum