Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far?

+12
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Numpty 28723
bwfc71
Angry Dad
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Bernard Dennis Park
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

101Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:55

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That banana he kept in his lunch box must've slowed him down a bit as well.

102Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Murray just broke in the 3rd set! Looking very good now!

103Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:01

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wonder if he'll sing the national anthem if he wins gold.

104Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I wonder if he'll sing the national anthem if he wins gold.

No chance of that I'd say, but would be nice to see. Piers Morgan is giving £1000 to great ormond street for every Team GB gold winner that sings it.

105Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Murray wins gold and Lewis Smith SO unlucky just to get silver - had the same score as an Hungarian to a thousanth of a mark but lost on the tie breaker 'style' marks.

106Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:31

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I wonder if he'll sing the national anthem if he wins gold.

No chance of that I'd say, but would be nice to see. Piers Morgan is giving £1000 to great ormond street for every Team GB gold winner that sings it.

He sang it. Well done Murray.

107Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazed! True Brit!

108Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 22:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is anyone else watching the women's basketball? GB v Brazil. I think I heard the commentators saying that both teams have lost all four games so far. It's pretty clear they are roughly evenly matched.

It's 32-31 to Brazil at the moment, a few minutes before half time.

109Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sun Aug 05 2012, 23:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep, i've watched all the GB games the women have been great. Yes they've lost their games but they should have won at least 2 games. They just can't execute at vital moments. And when they've had leads they've panicked.

110Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed the 100m final, Bolt is a top bloke, he's completely relaxed before a race...laughing and joking etc. This is how top athletes should be.

111Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 11:48

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And he knows Ricky which makes him a top bloke in my book.
Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Article-1158261-03B5A32E000005DC-35_468x326

112Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 12:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Numpty 28723 wrote:And he knows Ricky which makes him a top bloke in my book.
Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Article-1158261-03B5A32E000005DC-35_468x326

Ah, that was a good day....the last goal he ever scored for us I think.

113Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This made me laugh out loud this afternoon:

114Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How did Beth Tweddle get a medal, she was the only one to fall over when she dismounted?

115Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:How did Beth Tweddle get a medal, she was the only one to fall over when she dismounted?

She avoided falling over, but yes, her dismount was problem. The rest of the routine was excellent though. I reckon she might have even got silver without the dodgy dismount.

I take my hat off to the 39 year old, grey haired Bulgarian who finished 4th in one of the men's competitions earlier.

116Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

She avoided falling over, but yes, her dismount was problem. The rest of the routine was excellent though. I reckon she might have even got silver without the dodgy dismount.

Surely a dodgy dismount should be enough to stop you getting a medal. It's like the rowers capsizing.

117Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Surely a dodgy dismount should be enough to stop you getting a medal. It's like the rowers capsizing.

Ha, ha, it really isn't. It's a very small part of a routine that lasts about 30 seconds. I suspect you only formed this negative opinion about dodgy dismounts after watching Beth Tweddle this afternoon.

118Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Won't be long before a thread titled -

"Should national disgrace Tweddle give her medal back"

"We all know Tweddle was handed a medal because the Olympics is in London, why else would such a crappy routine win anything, lets face it, she fell off - Shame on her"

119Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Some of the things that annoy or irritate or bother Natasha are quite funny to read about. But I have to admit that trolling these hard working young people who have sacrificed so much to represent GB at the Olympics irks me a bit - which is of course one of the reasons she posts this stuff.

120Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 6 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 18:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Some of the things that annoy or irritate or bother Natasha are quite funny to read about. But I have to admit that trolling these hard working young people who have sacrificed so much to represent GB at the Olympics irks me a bit - which is of course one of the reasons she posts this stuff.

You pair of bitches.

I was simply asking why someone can fall over and still win a medal. Surely the dismount is an important part of the routine? If Tom Daley did a brilliant dive but missed the water they wouldn't give him a good score.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum