Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far?

+12
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Numpty 28723
bwfc71
Angry Dad
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Bernard Dennis Park
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

121Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 18:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Won't be long before a thread titled -

"Should national disgrace Tweddle give her medal back"

"We all know Tweddle was handed a medal because the Olympics is in London, why else would such a crappy routine win anything, lets face it, she fell off - Shame on her"

I'm sick of you stealing my threads.

122Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 18:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton's Jason Kenny has just won his second gold of the games (third overall). He is the Olympic track cycling sprint champion! Farnworth born and bred! Go on lad!

123Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Mon Aug 06 2012, 18:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I was simply asking why someone can fall over and still win a medal. Surely the dismount is an important part of the routine? If Tom Daley did a brilliant dive but missed the water they wouldn't give him a good score.

Put a bloody sock in it Natasha you oddball.

You know full well Tweddle didn't fall over.
You know full well the dismount is a small part of it.

You make a good point about Tom Daley missing the water though. I don't know what they would do if he managed that.

124Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 00:42

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I was simply asking why someone can fall over and still win a medal. Surely the dismount is an important part of the routine? If Tom Daley did a brilliant dive but missed the water they wouldn't give him a good score.

Put a bloody sock in it Natasha you oddball.

You know full well Tweddle didn't fall over.
You know full well the dismount is a small part of it.

You make a good point about Tom Daley missing the water though. I don't know what they would do if he managed that.

This guy didn't miss the water, but if he did he would have probably got more points.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19154306

125Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 00:45

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Right, I only got to the second page and then got bored. I can't vouch for what happened after that point but up until then I thought Natasha actually had some decent points - just phrased badly.

I can see arguments for both sides - like, the point about ignorance, well played. But also the point that if they were enjoyable to watch then they would be on TV more. Also valid - to a degree.

It's like watching someone play Call Of Duty for two hours, boring. Play it for two hours, great. Now that's not because of lack of interest or because of ignorance. It's just not fun to watch some things.

(I am not saying that watching clay shooting for eg is not fun for anyone by the way before you start - just saying that I can see how some sports can easily be put into the boring category.)

126Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 11:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I beg to differ, Call of Duty is one of the worst games I've ever played.

In fact all first person shooters bore me senseless.

All it is is the end of a gun and a different background.

127Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 11:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't stand first person shooter games either, I am crap at them, it's just money for old rope when they bring out a new Call of Duty every 6 months. I even queued with my mate at midnight for the last one, to keep him company.

128Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 12:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to work with a massive fan of them and one day i said "all FPS games are basically the same" and he went off on me. Saying "if you dont play them you can't have an opinion"

For about two weeks after he was seriously frosty towards me as well like i'd shagged his sister.

129Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 12:07

Not played any of the call of Duty games, but the best FPS is Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64. Like shooting games when you can see the character you are controlling like the original Resident Evil games and Metal Gear Solid.

130Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 12:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't stand FPS games, apart from the original medal of honour games on the PS1 and 2 but that was because I liked the world war type games.

To be honest I won't go near any war game that is set in the modern day e.g. afghanistan or so called future with fancy weapons.

131Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 12:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love the Call of Duty games - Its like a never ending game due to the multiplayer mode.

I do think its a bit of a con that a new one is brought out every 12 months as well as downloadable content inbetween releases.

I've stopped buying the downloadable content due to a new game being brought out a few months later.

132Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which knobber turned this into a games thread....jayjay23, what a surprise.

133Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 16:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair I really do not rate any of todays computer games - they are more like films than anything else. Give me a good 3 hour session with Outrun and let me try to finish Manic Miner - now they are games!!!!

134Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 16:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen Chris Hoy win some heat of cycling. At least I think it was cycling. It seemed to be 8 laps of the track, but for the first 5 laps the competitors had to stay behind a bloke on an old push bike carrying his Asda shopping home. Very weird. I reckon they're just making up competitions now so that the GB team can get even more medals.

135Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 17:23

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Why are you talking about Chris Hoy in the console games thread?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

136Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 17:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gold medal number 21 goes to Laura Trott-er. Very Happy

137Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 18:29

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Dressage isn't even a sport so that has to be the worst

138Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 21:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anything we win a medal at is definitely a sport.

139Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 22:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the point of the bloke with the shopping basket in the cycling.

140Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 7 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Tue Aug 07 2012, 22:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a pacemaker like the safety car in F1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum