Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far?

+12
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Numpty 28723
bwfc71
Angry Dad
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Bernard Dennis Park
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

41Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 10:47

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:This morning (it may have been a recording) some female BBC reporter was sailing in a boat next to a boat competing in the race. The nearest competing boat couldn't even be seen with the human eye so the camera just stayed on this one boat for about 10 minutes. I'm sorry, but unless you're Captain Birdseye that is bloody boring.
I think that the boat with the BBC film crew in it should get the gold medal if it completes the course before everyone else but red tape probably wouldn't allow it.

42Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 15:54

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Any Olympic sport can be interesting to spectators if the competitors just put some effort in to make it so.
Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 2lcuwkk

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

43Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which one is Quent?

44Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 15:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I suspect he's the one in red.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

45Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 19:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2 more golds in the velodrome.

Gold for GB in the Men's Team Pursuit and Gold for the lovely Victoria Pendleton in the Women's Keirin. Suprisingly, Victoria's arch-rival, Aussie Anna Mears, got it totally wrong and finished outside the medal placings in 5th.

46Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 20:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Defending Champion and World Record holder Rebecca Adlington blown away by 6 seconds in the 800m women's freestyle final by a 15 year old American, and also beaten into third by a Spanish swimmer. Another medal for the tally but she was built up too much by the media unfortunately.

47Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Fri Aug 03 2012, 22:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A repeat of the wimbeldon final, murray to play federer for gold.

48Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had the misfortune to watch some Olympic "walking". But it's not walking, it's running. Why has no one pointed this out?

49Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Congrats to Jess Ennis, world class.

50Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That was special, every bit as much as either of Daley's decathlon golds in 1980 and 84.

Kind of feel a bit for Kelly Sotherton, Ennis's predecessor as our number one Heptathlete. She could have won the competition in Beijing but she was dogged by injury her whole career and couldn't get her javelin right, but she blazed the trail.

51Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We're doing much better on the medal front than I thought we would do to be honest and it looks like it could be another gold in the mens long jump.

52Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I dare anyone to say that was boring.

hairs on the back of the neck moment.

incredible.

story developing in the long jump too!

Great night.

53Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A gold in the long jump would be a major bonus. You're right about our medal haul and so many golds as well.

I can only think of Mark Cavendish in the road race, Rebecca Adlington in the 800m freestyle swimming and the lads this morning in the 2 man lightweight skulls who have been favourites for gold but not delivered.

Arguably Pendleton and her partner would have got at least a silver in the track cycling team sprint had they not been disqualified on Thursday, but other than those four events, everyone seems to be bringing home the bacon.

54Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think I ever thought I would see myself type this but the mens football for team GB has been the most uninspiring part of the olympics for us.

I thought the press were a bit harsh on Adlington, the daily mail especially making out like she had done fuck all, they obviously have no idea how hard it is to swim like that, hell at least she got a medal.

55Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Rutherford has won another Gold for us in the long jump, well done fella. Very Happy

56Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great performance from this lad.

brilliant.

57Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is it asking for too much for Mo Farah to win a medal and for the footballers to beat Korea, thus guaranteeing a medal match?

58Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Doesn't look like Mo Farah is going to get in a medal postion sadly, unless he is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

59Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Big call that Aaron, half way through the race and he's nicely placed.

60Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Boring Olympic Sport So Far? Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

True and i'll be honest I didn't realise there were so many laps left when I posted it but the kenyans look very good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum