Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton

+18
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
rammywhite
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Fri Apr 24 2015, 13:06

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

AFC Bournemouth ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])  1 - 3  Bolton Wanderers (We're not going down and we're not going up etc. etc.)

22Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 25 2015, 12:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only feel a Bournemouth win for this game.

Bournemouth 2-0 Bolton.

23Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 25 2015, 12:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-2 We'll piss on their chips.

24Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 25 2015, 12:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bournemouth v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers travel to high-flying Bournemouth on Monday in their final away game this campaign, looking to build on recent positive results on the road away at Cardiff City and Brentford.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eddie Howe’s side currently sit second in the Championship, just one point behind leaders Watford, ensuring all the pressure will be on the Cherries as they look to remain in automatic promotion contention having already seen all their rivals take to the field, with a play-off spot already guaranteed.

With the Whites now mathematically safe from relegation, Bolton boss Neil Lennon will want his side to finish the campaign strongly ahead of next week’s final game of the season against Birmingham City at Macron Stadium.

TEAM NEWS

Josh Vela (groin) has been ruled out for the rest of the season, while captain Matt Mills (head) will once again miss out after the pair both missed last weekend’s away draw with Brentford.

Paddy McCarthy (foot) will also be absent for the trip to Bournemouth after returning to parent club Crystal Palace for treatment on the injury received at Griffin Park, but Dean Moxey is fit despite limping off in the first half against the Bees.

Barry Bannan and Neil Danns both return to first team contention, but Craig Davies and Darren Pratley (hamstring) remain out and look set to also miss next week’s season finale against Birmingham City.

Max Clayton (knee), Zach Clough (shoulder), Kevin McNaughton (leg), Simeon Slavchev (ankle) and David Wheater (hamstring) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST BOURNEMOUTH XI (v Sheffield Wednesday, D2-2)

Boruc, Francis, Cook (Jones 64), Elphick, Daniels, Surman, Pugh (Smith 57), Arter, Ritchie, Wilson, Kermorgant (Ward 81).

ONE TO WATCH

Matchwinner when Wanderers hosted Bournemouth back in October, Callum Wilson joined Bournemouth as a replacement for Norwich City-bound Lewis Grabban last summer after scoring 22 goals for League One side Coventry City in an impressive 2013/14 campaign.

Making a dream start to life with his new club in the Championship, the forward scored a brace on his Cherries debut against Huddersfield Town and has not looked back since as Bournemouth push for promotion to the Premier League, matching his tally from last season with two games to spare.

Wilson will be hoping to finish his campaign on a high as he looks to earn a place in Gareth Southgate’s England Under-21s squad ahead of this summer’s European Championships in Czech Republic, having made his debut for the young Three Lions last November.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE (Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton, 2 November 2013)

Goals either side of half time from David Ngog and Jermaine Beckford secured a well-earned 2-0 victory for Wanderers against Bournemouth the last time they made the trip to the Goldsands Stadium.

French number nine Ngog put Bolton on the road to victory with a cool finish from an acute angle in the 37th minute after tremendous play from Lee Chung-Yong on the wing.

After a resolute and determined second half display, Bolton sealed the win in stoppage time through a characteristic finish from Beckford to send the travelling support into raptures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 25 2015, 13:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

10/1 and 5/1 odds for a championship game are huge, considering as in theory anybody can beat anybody in this league.

Many didn't expect us to get anything against Brentford but I thought we were the better side for large parts of the game.

Nerves can do a lot to sides like Bournemouth, just look what happened to them against Sheff Wed the other week.

26Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Apr 26 2015, 19:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

COYWM!

27Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Apr 26 2015, 21:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bournemouth haven't half banged in a few goals in the Championship this season but I have a sneaky feeling that we will piss on their chips and ruin their parade by giving a good account of ourselves and coming away with a point. 0-0 or 1-1 for me.

28Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Apr 26 2015, 21:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. Draw or Bolton victory...

29Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 07:06

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I too, expect to piss on their chips.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 08:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How things have changed. 5 years ago we'd have looked at this game and predicted that we would hammer them.
Now it looks like we have no chance and they'll wipe the floor with us.
How far have we fallen in just a short time.

31Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 10:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:How things have changed. 5 years ago we'd have looked at this game and predicted that we would hammer them.
Now it looks like we have no chance and they'll wipe the floor with us.
How far have we fallen in just a short time.

Very true Rammy. That's part of the attraction of football.

32Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 12:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We haven't really fallen at all.

we were relegated and have been about the same standard since.

33Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 12:56

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We haven't really fallen at all.

Hipster- I think relegation was a catastrophic fall. It means that most of our revenue streams have dried up, the excitement has gone and any chance of genuinely good games in terms of the skill level have vanished. Apart form further relegation or being wound up it's difficult to think of what worse could befall us.
And I don't think that we are the same standard as we were when we got relegated- the football since then has been poor and has not really improved under Lennon.
In the year that we were relegated we would have seen off Bournemouth no matter where they were in the Championship.
As far as I'm concerned we've fallen a long way from those heady days.

34Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here are some stats for you all...

Bournemouth's last 5 Championship results:

Bournemouth  2-2 Sheff Weds
Reading         0-1 Bournemouth
Brighton         0-2 Bournemouth
Bournemouth   4-2 Birmingham
Ipswich           1-1 Bournemouth
Last 3 meetings between Bolton and Bournemouth:

Bolton          1-2 Bournemouth
Bolton          2-2 Bournemouth
Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton

35Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 16:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'll have my gadgets going tonight hopefully, chat box on and sky go on my tablet if it will work properly, might get a bit complicated for an IT moron like me

36Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 17:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

rammywhite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:We haven't really fallen at all.

Hipster- I think relegation was a catastrophic fall. It means that most of our revenue streams have dried up, the excitement has gone and any chance of genuinely good games in terms of the skill level have vanished. Apart form further relegation or being wound up it's difficult to think of what worse could befall us.
And I don't think that we are the same standard as we were when we got relegated- the football since then has been poor and has not really improved under Lennon.
In the year that we were relegated we would have seen off Bournemouth no matter where they were in the Championship.
As far as I'm concerned we've fallen a long way from those heady days.
I do agree we've had a pretty serious fall from grace. Who would have thought a couple of years ago we would be major underdogs to Bournemouth?

I don't agree about not improving under Lennon though. We're playing much more attacking football than we ever did under dougie and creating a hell of a lot more chances. Young players are getting their chance as well. I think we'll be much better next season.

37Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 18:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC team Bogdan, Moxey, Ream, Dervite, Feeney, Walker, Bannan, Danns, M Davies, Heskey, Le fondre

BWFC subs: Lonergan, Gudjohnsen, Twardzik, Threlkeld, Coke, Taylor, Woolery

38Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see Mavies starting. Smile

39Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whos is Taylor on the bench?

40Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:01

Quade Taylor?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum