Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton

+18
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
rammywhite
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 13:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And once again Neil has singled out Heskey for praise after last night.  I'm stumped.

I am not blaming Hesk for anything just wondering what all the shouting is about though.

Walker doesn't seem ready at the moment for regular first team.  I think we need another striker who actually has impact on the game along with ALF.  Easier said than done with our finances of course.

82Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 13:49

Feeney and Walker are the victims of clueless fans I'm afraid. They're both being asked to play in one of the most difficult positions on the pitch. Anybody who thinks any winger should automatically be a good wing back is a moron, positionally and tactically you need to be very intelligent, Walker may develop that but Feeney is never going to have that level of intelligence to do it.

For me they're both wingers who should be playing on the wing.

83Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 13:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heskey does do a lot of donkey work (not you Bryan!) but he has very little goal threat whereas Craig Davies can offer more up front but he's always injured and will be out of contract.

Its going to be interesting to see what Lennon can conjure up but we need to build from the back from next season so we need good full backs and another centre half for a start.

We also need to sign Le Fondre and if we can get Clough and Clayton back next season we will look far better going forward.

84Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 13:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heskey worked hard won almost every ball that was aimlessly launched up to him and pressed as best he could. 

don't know why he wouldn't praise him.

especially when you consider the performance of the rest of the team.

85Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 14:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Feeney and Walker are the victims of clueless fans I'm afraid. They're both being asked to play in one of the most difficult positions on the pitch. Anybody who thinks any winger should automatically be a good wing back is a moron, positionally and tactically you need to be very intelligent, Walker may develop that but Feeney is never going to have that level of intelligence to do it.

For me they're both wingers who should be playing on the wing.

Anybody that thinks Feeney should be anywhere near the first team is also a moron, he's just as terrible on the wing as he is at wingback. 

The guy should be playing no higher than league 2

86Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 14:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeney was great when Lennon first came in but he has struggled recently, partly due to him being moved around all over the pitch. He's played right back, wing back, winger and even up front on occasion.

87Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 14:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd sooner see you bombing down the wing norpig.

88Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 14:06

I don't think he should be starting for us every week, but with the current injuries there's little option but to play him and unfortunately for him he's become the latest scapegoat for our moronic fanbase.

Against Brentford for instance he crowd were on his back without him even doing anything wrong, it was embarrassing to listen to some of the shit flowing out of our fans' mouths.

He's a bang average Championship winger, he works hard but his final ball is hit and miss but when he's confident he can be an effective player at this level.

To echo Norpig we need to build from the back starting with two decent full backs, my point being Feeney is the least of our problems at the moment.

89Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 14:06

Norpig wrote:Feeney was great when Lennon first came in but he has struggled recently, partly due to him being moved around all over the pitch. He's played right back, wing back, winger and even up front on occasion.

Bang on.

90Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 14:13

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Agree with Boggers (not the moron bit),Feeney is very very limited, a winger who cant outpace any defender and very rarely gets his cross passed the first man, when he does his delivery is usually terrible!!!!

91Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 15:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I'd sooner see you bombing down the wing norpig.

it wouldn't be a pretty sight Boggers but i'd give it a go Laughing

92Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Apr 28 2015, 19:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Agree with Boggers (not the moron bit),Feeney is very very limited, a winger who cant outpace any defender and very rarely gets his cross passed the first man, when he does his delivery is usually terrible!!!!

This. Seeing his cross beat the first man is rarer than rocking horse shit.

93Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 04:03

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can someone please change the Freedman banner? Don't make me design one!

94Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 08:31

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can someone please change the Freedman banner? Don't make me design one!
Dean ambrose in a bolton shirt.........do it fin..................do it

95Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 10:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't hate feeney like most seem too. Seems to be this years Chris Eagles. He is very one dimensional but as an out and out winger he's alright imo. 

As a wing back he's a joke.

96Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can someone please change the Freedman banner? Don't make me design one!

If you would please we would be delighted - seriously.

97Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Nat is right as regards not getting many signings in summer but if a load are going out we have to make the numbers up from somewhere and maybe the youngsters will be expected to step up.
Quality is quality regardless of where they come from and the fact that Bournemouth's supposedly "lower league players" whupped us and will be playing in the Prem next season shows that you don't have to spend a fortune if you get players with the right spirit and application and enough quality to do a job.
If the issue with our performance was attitude, then surely that's down to Lennon getting it completely wrong isn't it?

98Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haven't bournmouth spent a fair bit by championship standards though?

99Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:36

Ye this perception of Bournemouth as having spent nothing and getting promoted with a host of lower league nobody's is laughable. They've had significant investment from a Russian owner and had one of the biggest budgets in the league this season. This shouldn't be compared to the likes of Blackpool and Burnley, they've spent the budget very, very wisely but it hasn't been a shoestring by any means.

100Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:41

Not according to C4, they've not.

Only two players bought for fees in excess of £1 million:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum