Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton

+18
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
rammywhite
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh yeah, thanks 74

42Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:05

:good:

43Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live. Smile

44Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:09

rammywhite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:We haven't really fallen at all.

we were relegated and have been about the same standard since.

Hipster- I think relegation was a catastrophic fall. It means that most of our revenue streams have dried up, the excitement has gone and any chance of genuinely good games in terms of the skill level have vanished. Apart form further relegation or being wound up it's difficult to think of what worse could befall us.
And I don't think that we are the same standard as we were when we got relegated- the football since then has been poor and has not really improved under Lennon.
In the year that we were relegated we would have seen off Bournemouth no matter where they were in the Championship.
As far as I'm concerned we've fallen a long way from those heady days.

I don't think our demise has been particularly extraordinary to be honest. We're one of a number of clubs of a similar size who will go through good and bad spells - at least we haven't experienced relegation to League 1 this time (so far). It will take a few years but we'll get back in the premier league at some point, whether we last as long as last time is a different matter but we're in that group of clubs who will tend to be around the top division in the long run.

Bournemouth have had a lot of investment and put together an excellent team, no shame in being underdogs to them they deserve automatic promotion IMO.

Still hope we ruin it for them tonight.

45Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

On paper it's an attacking team .... looks like we will have a do after all.

46Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:15

Surprised he's dropped Coke, he was excellent against Brentford. May be the injury he picked up though.

47Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 20:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are so so bad, Feeney, Dervite and Moxey are all shocking. Ream is never a CB and Danns never a DM.

Worrying that Lennon is continuing to choose these players, I'd rather play the youngsters.

48Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 21:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a terrible terrible performance. 

Dervite should never play for the club again after that display. 

Danns has fallen off a cliff, feeney at wing back? Err no. 

Walker, keep it simple lad, good cross on him though.

49Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 21:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Wanderers suffered a 3-0 defeat against Bournemouth at the Goldsands Stadium on Monday evening.

The hosts broke the deadlock shortly before the break through Marc Pugh who fired home from close range, with Matt Ritchie doubling their advantage a minute before half time as he drilled home past Adam Bogdan.

In the second period, Yann Kermorgant missed a penalty kick for the Cherries with Dorian Dervite receiving his marching orders for a foul on Callum Wilson in the box, but the latter added a third late on as he poked the ball home.

TEAM NEWS

Neil Lennon made three changes to the Bolton side, with Barry Bannan, Neil Danns and Mark Davies in from the off. Giles Coke and Oscar Threlkeld both dropped to the bench, whilst Paddy McCarthy missed out with injury.

FIRST HALF

As was expected, the game started at a breakneck tempo. Callum Wilson fired an early warning shot, jinking inside Tim Ream and Dorian Dervite before seeing a low effort blocked by Adam Bogdan.

Despite a number of forays into Bolton territory, the hosts were largely stifled within the opening 15 minutes. Matt Ritchie saw a shot blocked at the back post by a combination of Bogdan and Mark Davies.

Wanderers did carve out a couple of opportunities of their own, with Adam Le Fondre exploiting space in behind the Bournemouth rearguard.

On one occasion he stole in round the back of a static defence to meet a flick on, but failed to make significant contact with a glancing header.

After a bit of a lull in play, the game suddenly burst into life once again on the half hour mark.

Bogdan was once again alert to first deny Wilson, who attempted to round the Hungarian when in the clear, before then reacting well to place a strong glove on Ritchie’s low shot.

But just as it seemed the half would end goalless, the home side edged in front.

A cross from the right side found Pugh at the back post, who after feinting his initial shot whipped the ball back onto his left foot before crashing an effort across Bogdan and into the far corner.

The home side were clearly buoyed, whilst Bolton needed the whistle for half time. It didn’t come in time, as Ritchie doubled the hosts’ advantage.

Arriving at full pelt the Bournemouth number 30 met Yann Kermorgant’s deft touch with a crisp low drive into the far corner.

SECOND HALF

Bolton endeavoured to find a route back into the game at the start of the second period, as Bannan saw a rasping drive from Mark Davies’ pass deflect narrowly wide of Artur Boruc’s post.

But for the most it was the home side who continued with much of the pressing.

Steve Cook was inches away from converting Wilson’s low centre following a short corner routine whilst Kermorgant’s audacious effort from all of 40 yards was tipped over the bar by Bogdan.

Things seemed to go from bad to worse for Bolton on 70 minutes when Dervite was shown a straight red after hauling down Wilson inside the area when he was clean through.

But from the resulting spot kick Kermorgant blazed his kick high over the bar.

That spurned opportunity didn’t dampen the mood at the Goldsands Stadium though.

And they were soon cheering a third when Wilson collected the ball inside the area, spun away from a marker before firing low into the net.

The hosts did push inside the closing stages of the clash with Wilson coming close to a second of his own, but the advantage remained at three at the final whistle.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

50Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:01

3-5-2 hasn't really worked for us at all this season IMO. With Feeney and Walker as wing backs it neve will.

Injuries may be to blame but I want to see 4231 or similar next season.

And agree with HN Devbite needs shooting.

51Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree about walker, his decision making is suspect as is his fitness, needs to bulk up a little too. He looks like he's got something though and being played out of position at such a young age I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

52Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How fucking slow is our defence too. Moxey looked like he was attached to one of them bungee trainers. 

Did I mention dervite is a tosser? 

Gudjohnsson and Woolery had about 3 touches each and were two of our better players.

53Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:16

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Good luck to them played fecking well all season, our time will come again.

54Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:18

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

couldn't agree more about our defence, they are really, really poor, Ream is the best of a bad bunch but even he is aweful at centre back in this league, embarrassingly bad!!! Mad

55Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With a fully fit first 11 we aren't a million miles away from Bournemouths standard, we just have to hope we can get some investment and bring in a couple of actual defenders along with ALF. Without that, mid table beckons

56Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:24

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Old Doogie left us some corking players! The second half of this season has really highlighted what a truly terrible appointment Freedman was. I'm hard pushed to think of any signing he made that was good. I suppose Lonners is good back up, but he was overshadowed by Amos. Roll on the Summer and to see if Lennon really is all that!

57Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:25

At Rotherham away I was right behind the goal and could hear what they were saying on the pitch.

Dervite was getting run ragged and I distinctly heard Mills say to him:

"Ok, fuck it! Swap over and I'll take him."

And they scored about three minutes later when Mills switched off.

We need four or five new defenders including at least two proper CB's otherwise it's going to be the same again next term.

I'd keep Ream but that's about it.

And I honestly hope that Baptiste comes back and Lennon plays him in the middle.

It all starts with competent defenders and we currently have precious few.

58Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:At Rotherham away I was right behind the goal and could hear what they were saying on the pitch.

Dervite was getting run ragged and I distinctly heard Mills say to him:

"Ok, fuck it! Swap over and I'll take him."

And they scored about three minutes later when Mills switched off.

We need four or five new defenders including at least two proper CB's otherwise it's going to be the same again next term.

I'd keep Ream but that's about it.

And I honestly hope that Baptiste comes back and Lennon plays him in the middle.

It all starts with competent defenders and we currently have precious few.
Completely agree - Mills and Direvite should exit asap. I don't think Ream is much of a defender either but he is worth keeping at this level.

59Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:48

I'd try and find a roll for Ream in front of the back four as an Ersatz Campo because he can actually pick a pass.

And he has a half decent RBI rating. Very Happy

60Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Apr 27 2015, 23:07

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I'd try and find a roll for Ream in front of the back four as an Ersatz Campo because he can actually pick a pass.

And he has a half decent RBI rating. Very Happy
Again, agreed. When we signed him, a couple of yankee-doodle 'soccer' fans I know said he could play a bit - great passer of the ball - but not much of a defender. I'd imagine that would be the perfect place for him in the right system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum