Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

+14
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
rammywhite
wessy
Angry Dad
Cajunboy
karlypants
gloswhite
Norpig
okocha
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 21]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Name a more right wing cabinet in the last 30 years and I will get a grip.

No idea why you’re writing off Labours chances, Boris has an awful record and is massively unpopular outside of a leave vote which is split. I can’t see him winning a majority at an election.

I'm not writing them off. I just think Corbyn has never been further from power.

He looked totally defeated.

I don't believe they are right wing.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Name a more right wing cabinet in the last 30 years and I will get a grip.

You must have a different definition of right wing from everybody else.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This is funny to watch, you guys are suffering from BDS you are like old hens with a fox about to break in absolutely screaming terrified :falltopieces: I do not include Hipster in this description.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

So fucking funny i can't wait for you're next bleatings  :rofl:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM, I can't agree that I'm naive, maybe a bit too optimistic at times, but definitely not naive. 
What I do see in the last few posts is the same tactic for the leavers, and that is to ridicule and drag articles from various sources to back up their views. There are a great deal of articles that also put the opposite view, but the exchanging of newspaper comments doesn't achieve anything, in my view.
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As part of a trading block there will be standards adhered to - working time directive for instance - similar regulations would be applied if we signed a trade deal with the US for instance. This is the way of the world.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

No idea why you’re writing off Labours chances, Boris has an awful record and is massively unpopular outside of a leave vote which is split. I can’t see him winning a majority at an election.

I'm not writing them off. I just think Corbyn has never been further from power.

He looked totally defeated.

Heard the same when May came in, Boris might be having a good time at the moment, but reality will slap him in the face soon enough as if it did May.

All the contradicting promises he’s been making will come tumbling down, and most likely we’ll be left with a no deal Brexit - which might delight the likes of you but for most people is going to make life a lot more difficult.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:XM, I can't agree that I'm naive, maybe a bit too optimistic at times, but definitely not naive. 
What I do see in the last few posts is the same tactic for the leavers, and that is to ridicule and drag articles from various sources to back up their views. There are a great deal of articles that also put the opposite view, but the exchanging of newspaper comments doesn't achieve anything, in my view.
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

You say you are optimistic but there is little or no evidence to support your optimism. Why do you think we will get a good trade deal with the USA? Trump has already said what he wants. Do you seriously think Liz Truss is going to force him to back down?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:

Just because 92,000 right wing brexiteers made him prime minister doesn't stop him from being a buffoon. He has always been a lying buffoon who cares about nothing but himself. Becoming prime minister changes nothing.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

Just because 92,000 right wing brexiteers made him prime minister doesn't stop him from being a buffoon. He has always been a lying buffoon who cares about nothing but himself. Becoming prime minister changes nothing.
And its because of your determination to see only your own point of view, in black and white, as shown in a newspaper headline, that you will forever be following a diminishing and isolated view of the world. 
Try a bit of optimism for a change, or at least try to look for a brighter side of all the things that depress you. (don't know why I said that, I know you won't/can't  Very Happy )

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As part of a trading block there will be standards adhered to - working time directive for instance - similar regulations would be applied if we signed a trade deal with the US for instance. This is the way of the world.
As with XM, you are drilling down to specific points, usually ones than cannot be confirmed or denied fully. (unless we read it in the papers).
Its not specific laws I'm against, but the principle of being told what our laws are. Never mind the immigration, etc, its the fact that we will not be governing ourselves that really needs to be changed, the others are a bonus.What precisely is the way of the world, the fact that we are able to argue our own corner, that we can say exactly what we want, and work in favour of the whole country. Of course there will be compromises, but the point of negotiations is to get the best of what you can, and plan for what you can't. That is the real way of the world.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

And its because of your determination to see only your own point of view, in black and white, as shown in a newspaper headline, that you will forever be following a diminishing and isolated view of the world. 
Try a bit of optimism for a change, or at least try to look for a brighter side of all the things that depress you. (don't know why I said that, I know you won't/can't  Very Happy )

You are completely missing the point glos. Boris is a buffoon. Becoming prime minister changes nothing, no matter how optimistic you personally are.

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As with XM, you are drilling down to specific points, usually ones than cannot be confirmed or denied fully. (unless we read it in the papers).
Its not specific laws I'm against, but the principle of being told what our laws are. Never mind the immigration, etc, its the fact that we will not be governing ourselves that really needs to be changed, the others are a bonus.What precisely is the way of the world, the fact that we are able to argue our own corner, that we can say exactly what we want, and work in favour of the whole country. Of course there will be compromises, but the point of negotiations is to get the best of what you can, and plan for what you can't. That is the real way of the world.

We don’t have laws imposed on us, we choose to sign up to them should we want the perceived benefits. If you looked at the specifics you might see that this is the reality and far from an issue.

We’ve always governed ourselves, to say otherwise is completely false. If it were true I’d be tempted to vote Brexit but it is a myth peddled by leave to push through their will. You need to reconsider this.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

We don’t have laws imposed on us, we choose to sign up to them should we want the perceived benefits. If you looked at the specifics you might see that this is the reality and far from an issue.

We’ve always governed ourselves, to say otherwise is completely false. If it were true I’d be tempted to vote Brexit but it is a myth peddled by leave to push through their will. You need to reconsider this.

I completely agree with TROY.

Using your logic glos you presumably back Scottish independence and want to break up the UK because then England can govern herself "argue our own corner, say exactly what we want" without having to worry about what the Scots, Welsh or Irish want.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Canada has a point based immigration system 

Celebrated as one of the most progressive liberal nations in the world.

UK has one.

Bigotted scum little England xenophobic far right racists love trumps hate...

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is a whole world of difference between enthusiastic, blind optimism and a safer, prudent attitude based on reality.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best after jumping off a cliff is no way to look after the population you govern. It's ok to risk your own individual future, I suppose, but not the futures of a whole country.

The reality is that our record of completing deals has been abysmal recently and now way too risky. We all know that the world cannot trust Trump's word and Boris pushes him close in that respect! He is more likely to be laughed at rather than respected as a serious politician.

We have suffered a succession of Prime Ministers who have made catastrophic decisions in terms of the welfare of the vast majority of ordinary citizens. What evidence is there from Boris' past record that makes you think that he will safeguard our interests in any way? He has proved himself a liar, an egotist, a misogynist, a bully, a thug, a racist, and an empty vessel whose gaffes and lack of diplomacy have  proved disastrous in the past. There are numerous facts (too many to list here) that confirm these traits.

Cheery optimism is refreshing after the austerity policies of the Nasty Party and the tiresome lies and struggles of the Brexit negotiations, to the point where we WANT to believe that behind the inarticulate bluster and arm-waving there is something more concrete to believe in. 
All the evidence tells us that there is not. 

He was elected, as May was, by Tory members only, so the whole country has not spoken even though facts have arisen since the 2016 referendum that undoubtedly have changed many people's minds about the outcome of the vote. Democracy entails letting the people speak with up-to-date information at their disposal rather than rely on a decision from three whole years ago that is now discredited, just as the proponent of that referendum has been.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well said mate. There are some on here saying that many of us WANT Boris to fail, and nothing could be further from the truth. I'd love to be proved wrong.
However, I can only base my feelings on the future on what's gone before, and on all levels he's shown himself to be second rate.
Will Buckley will have a sensational season, and be linked with Arsenal by Christmas. There you go.
Optimism.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:There is a whole world of difference between enthusiastic, blind optimism and a safer, prudent attitude based on reality.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best after jumping off a cliff is no way to look after the population you govern. It's ok to risk your own individual future, I suppose, but not the futures of a whole country.

The reality is that our record of completing deals has been abysmal recently and now way too risky. We all know that the world cannot trust Trump's word and Boris pushes him close in that respect! He is more likely to be laughed at rather than respected as a serious politician.

We have suffered a succession of Prime Ministers who have made catastrophic decisions in terms of the welfare of the vast majority of ordinary citizens. What evidence is there from Boris' past record that makes you think that he will safeguard our interests in any way? He has proved himself a liar, an egotist, a misogynist, a bully, a thug, a racist, and an empty vessel whose gaffes and lack of diplomacy have  proved disastrous in the past. There are numerous facts (too many to list here) that confirm these traits.

Cheery optimism is refreshing after the austerity policies of the Nasty Party and the tiresome lies and struggles of the Brexit negotiations, to the point where we WANT to believe that behind the inarticulate bluster and arm-waving there is something more concrete to believe in. 
All the evidence tells us that there is not. 

He was elected, as May was, by Tory members only, so the whole country has not spoken even though facts have arisen since the 2016 referendum that undoubtedly have changed many people's minds about the outcome of the vote. Democracy entails letting the people speak with up-to-date information at their disposal rather than rely on a decision from three whole years ago that is now discredited, just as the proponent of that referendum has been.

:agree:

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
Will Buckley will have a sensational season, and be linked with Arsenal by Christmas.
Optimism.

But only if you truly believe it. If it doesn't happen it will then clearly be your fault for not being optimistic enough.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Will Buckley will have a sensational season, and be linked with Arsenal by Christmas.
Optimism.

But only if you truly believe it. If it doesn't happen it will then clearly be your fault for not being optimistic enough.
Looks like I'll have to get a Buckley shirt.  Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum