Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

+14
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
rammywhite
wessy
Angry Dad
Cajunboy
karlypants
gloswhite
Norpig
okocha
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Even by your standards that’s a crap argument.

It's not an argument it's a fact.

Please name me a politician who isn't a liar.

I’m sure they all have, but how many have been sacked from roles for doing so?

Look you are right that campaign lies/mistruths are part of the game nobody’s naive enough to think otherwise.

What’s worrying is that much like trump, when Boris is caught out telling mistruths it makes no difference to his supporters, they simply do not care because it doesn’t matter what he says or promises, it’s what he represents that matters.

He’ll get all the worst types supporting and voting for him, and he’ll happily lap that up - the only thing that matters to him is staying in power now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I’m sure they all have, but how many have been sacked from roles for doing so?

Look you are right that campaign lies/mistruths are part of the game nobody’s naive enough to think otherwise.

What’s worrying is that much like trump, when Boris is caught out telling mistruths it makes no difference to his supporters, they simply do not care because it doesn’t matter what he says or promises, it’s what he represents that matters.

He’ll get all the worst types supporting and voting for him, and he’ll happily lap that up - the only thing that matters to him is staying in power now.

McDonnell the man you support to be our next chancellor.

Everything you've said there is the same for Corbyn the man you support to be the next pm.

So even by "my standards" whatever they are, I'm talking crap but in the very next post you said I'm right that all politicians lie.

It’s crap to dismiss Boris mistruths with ‘everyone does it’. Oh right let them all get away with it then.

Going to have to enlighten me on these lies spread by Corbyn. As I’ve always said, he seems a man of integrity to me which is why I’ve supported him - that’s exactly what I want from a poltician.

Boris was pro-EU as mayor of London, then he saw this opportunity and suddenly switched. He’s only arsed himself, and in my experience you can’t trust a man like that.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s crap to dismiss Boris mistruths with ‘everyone does it’. Oh right let them all get away with it then.

Going to have to enlighten me on these lies spread by Corbyn. As I’ve always said, he seems a man of integrity to me which is why I’ve supported him - that’s exactly what I want from a poltician.

Boris was pro-EU as mayor of London, then he saw this opportunity and suddenly switched. He’s only arsed himself, and in my experience you can’t trust a man like that.

No point even carrying on the conversation if you truly believe Corbyn hasn't lied.

He lied about the timing of his involvement with disgusting press TV. That's one that springs to mind immediately.

Follow the twitter account Corbyn in the times for a quite comprehensive dismantling of his false persona of an anti racist and as you put it "man of integrity"

You’ll have to show me some articles or something which show he’s a racist/not a man of integrity. From what I’ve seen from him he’s been consistent in his views for 30 years - Europe aside.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've just proven your original point. I do agree.

When Corbyn is caught out. His cultists. Sorry followers just ignore it.

I told you a very specific place to look for some very informative reading already.

Corbyn in the times? I’ll take a look, sorry for not dropping what I’m doing and getting on that straight away but will come back to you over next couple of days.

First post I come across ‘Labour hates Jews’, oh god.. what was that hysteria you were kicking off about earlier Hipster? This is going to be tiresome if that’s the sort of output you’re putting forward here.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Corbyn in the times? I’ll take a look, sorry for not dropping what I’m doing and getting on that straight away but will come back to you over next couple of days.

I didnt sat you had to do it immediately so I'm not sure why you're suggesting that.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:First post I come across ‘Labour hates Jews’, oh god.. what was that hysteria you were kicking off about earlier Hipster? This is going to be tiresome if that’s the sort of output you’re putting forward here.

All of his posts are well referenced with evidence. Most of it written by Corbyn himself.

Obviously he gives his own opinions as well

Had a bit of a scan through, mostly seems to be claiming that Corbyn is anti-Semitic because he’s spoken at free Palestine rally’s - which is a load of old bollocks really. I’ve been to a few of those myself, does that make me anti-Semitic too?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That really isn't the gist. But as you said when presented with evidence supporters tend to dismiss it.

I do it myself.

As I said, you’ll need to spell it out for me then.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm not. I've stood for Westminster twice and am currently a local councillor for a unitary authority so guess that makes me a politician. It really gets my goat when folk say 'all politicians are liars.' There are some who are, and I'd even grant you there may be more liars in politicians ranks than in the general population as a percentage, but to say all who stand for public office are deceitful, and the hours of service they put in is just self regarding, is very unfair on the many I know who hold integrity dear and work bloomin hard (inc me).

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:As I said, you’ll need to spell it out for me then.

What's the point. You'll just disagree with the assessment. 

I think that's the whole crux of this argument.

Well the point is there’s no subjectivity to the question of Boris, and the question of whether he has proven his integrity it’s a no, regardless of your position on him.

Chairmanda wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm not. I've stood for Westminster twice and am currently a local councillor for a unitary authority so guess that makes me a politician. It really gets my goat when folk say 'all politicians are liars.' There are some who are, and I'd even grant you there may be more liars in politicians ranks than in the general population as a percentage, but to say all who stand for public office are deceitful, and the hours of service they put in is just self regarding, is very unfair on the many I know who hold integrity dear and work bloomin hard (inc me).

Well said, it’s a myth peddled by those who want to excuse the shortcomings of their own.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haha.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He'll deliver a no-deal Brexit, call a snap election and be on his way stating that he gave the people what they wanted. There's no way he'll stick around to face the milkshakes.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:There's no way he'll stick around to face the milkshakes.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum