Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keir Starmer - new Labour leader

+11
okocha
Norpig
sunlight
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
gloswhite
Cajunboy
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
xmiles
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

181Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon Jun 13 2022, 08:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Are you trying to bait Nat into coming back Boncey?  Laughing
I'm sure Nat would see the funny side. Or perhaps not. Neutral

182Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon Jun 13 2022, 12:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

An update to the parliamentary website this morning shows Sir Keir is now facing a standards investigation into allegations he’s broken MP rules registering his outside earnings, gifts, benefits and hospitality.

Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Screenshot-2022-06-13-at-10.17.04-copy-2

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/standards-and-financial-interests/parliamentary-commissioner-for-standards/complaints-and-investigations/allegations-currently-under-investigation-by-the-commissioner/

183Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 11:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watch out for Wes Streeting. He's going places.

184Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Watch out for Wes Streeting. He's going places.
 Saw him on Question Time last week and took a dislike to him. He kept talking over other panel members and didn't impress me at all i'm afraid Boncey.

185Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 Saw him on Question Time last week and took a dislike to him. He kept talking over other panel members and didn't impress me at all i'm afraid Boncey.
Don't judge him on that. Talking over people is what QT has become these days. He's not as left as I'd like, but he's effective.

186Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 17:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
Don't judge him on that. Talking over people is what QT has become these days. He's not as left as I'd like, but he's effective.
Sorry Bonce but Streeting’s just as monotone and boring as Starmer. I’m afraid the only place he’s going is the back benches in a shadow cabinet at best. Let’s face it, however bad the Tories may be I’m afraid there just isn’t anybody in Labour who stands out as leader material. It makes it worse when everybody knows fully well that the Corbynites still run the party in the background and as long as none of their leadership have the guts to explain what a woman is, it proves it. I’m no fan of Boris but he’s still head and shoulders more credible as a leader than anyone Labour can put up and that really is a sad situation.

187Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 18:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sorry Bonce but Streeting’s just as monotone and boring as Starmer. I’m afraid the only place he’s going is the back benches in a shadow cabinet at best. Let’s face it, however bad the Tories may be I’m afraid there just isn’t anybody in Labour who stands out as leader material. It makes it worse when everybody knows fully well that the Corbynites still run the party in the background and as long as none of their leadership have the guts to explain what a woman is, it proves it. I’m no fan of Boris but he’s still head and shoulders more credible as a leader than anyone Labour can put up and that really is a sad situation.
He has no credibility with me. Bet he was gutted at being barred from this competition. Sadly, for him, it's amateur only. 
Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 ?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

188Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 20:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't give a shite about the PM having charisma, this isn't Britain's Got Talent.

I expect a PM to be honest and make decisions that benefit everyone, not take the fucking piss.

Anyone still supporting this PM needs a slap.

189Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 20:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't give a shite about the PM having charisma, this isn't Britain's Got Talent.

I expect a PM to be honest and make decisions that benefit everyone, not take the fucking piss.

Very well said, Nat!
 He and all his cabinet need a slap for deceiving the public. No one in their right mind would do as he asks in future.  His position as a leader is simply untenable. Admitting there is no one better within  their ranks speaks volumes for the state of the Tory Party and their priorities.
I can think of several members of other parties that would set an example that we would follow because they have integrity.

190Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted for this clown so I guess I deserve a slap too.

191Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue Jun 14 2022, 23:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't give a shite about the PM having charisma, this isn't Britain's Got Talent.

Yup. And it's pretty useful if a PM has a some decent ideas and policies to stop the country going down the pan and the courage to take decisions without asking a popularity focus group first or deciding policy on the basis of what the media are saying about him. And then doing a U-turn.

Honesty, compassion, knowledge and courage - qualities required for the job.
Lying, self-interest, ignorance and cowardice - Johnson.

192Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Wed Jun 15 2022, 02:36

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm proud of you Nat. Bodger is a real embarrassment to both the country and the Conservative Party.
If you bump into 63 would you give him a slap for me please.
Just joking 63.    Very Happy

193Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon Jul 04 2022, 22:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Brexit: No case for UK returning to EU, Labour leader Starmer says

The UK "will not go back into the EU" under a Labour government, Sir Keir Starmer has said, in a speech attacking the government's record on Brexit.

The Labour leader vowed to "move on arguments of the past" and seek to "make Brexit work".

He said the UK was "stuck" and needed a plan to get its "economy growing again".

And he recommitted to keeping the UK out of the EU single market, customs union and free movement rules.

Speaking to the BBC's political editor Chris Mason before the speech, Sir Keir said: "We want to go forward, not backwards. And therefore this is not about rejoining the EU.

"It's very clear that what we can't do is reopen all those arguments, all those divisions that caused so much anguish over past years."

He said the economy was stagnant under the Conservative government and its Brexit deal was "holding us back".

Labour's plan, he said, would focus on "unblocking" the government's Brexit deal by removing barriers to trade with the EU and taking steps to resolve border issues in Northern Ireland.

The Labour leader's address marked an attempt to regain control over an issue that has been a dividing line between the party's MPs, members, and some of its voters.

Starmer makes peace with Brexit
Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 _124408460_chrismason_pe_tr-nc

What Sir Keir Starmer is doing today, in black and white, is making peace with Brexit.

He will say explicitly that a Labour government would not return to the single market, customs union or freedom of movement.

He has said these things before - but saying them all together is quite something.

Unlike the Conservatives, Labour MPs and party members were not split down the middle on Brexit. The vast majority of them absolutely hated the idea.

So today, the Labour leader is saying that argument is closed and he is turning a political leaf.

He will hope by doing that, criticism can't come back the other way accusing his party of secretly wanting to take the UK back in.

He will also hope it creates space to criticise the Tories' Brexit deal, not least on the Northern Ireland issue.

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62034754

194Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Fri Jul 08 2022, 12:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He and Rayner cleared of Beergate by Durham police.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer and deputy Angela Rayner cleared of breaking lockdown rules over Durham "beergate" meeting

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62095955

195Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jul 28 2022, 15:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

1 - Keir Starmer sacks shadow transport minister who backed rail strikes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62325842

2 -He was fired for making up policy on the hoof, says Keir Starmer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62325842

3 - Why then wasn't the Shadow chancellor and Starmer loyalist sacked for doing the same - asks Diane Abbot?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62331428

4 - Sacked shadow transport minister and Angela Raynor are an item...

Tarry was married to Dr Julia Fozard in 2016, and they have two sons. It is reported that Tarry has since split from his wife and is in a relationship with Labour Deputy leader Angela Rayner.

SCUM BACK TO MINE Labour deputy Angela Rayner spotted leaving flat with married MP lover
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17410123/angela-rayner-married-mp-lover/

5 - Corbynista's!

Mr Tarry was among Corbynite MPs who entered the House of Commons in 2019, with key backing from left-wing group Momentum.

He became the MP for Ilford three years after running Jeremy Corbyn's successful 2016 leadership campaign.

Ms Rayner enlisted him as her campaign manager in 2020, and the two worked together to help her claim deputy leadership.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1647137/Keir-Starmer-sack-Sam-Tarry-Angela-Rayner-relationship

6 - Labour due to implode again...?

Former shadow chancellor John McDonnell said he "must be the first Labour MP to be removed from his frontbench position for joining a trade union picket line to support workers.

Richard Burgon, the MP for East Leeds, said standing with workers at the picket line was the "whole point of our party".

Watch this space...

Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Keir-Starmer-sack-Sam-Tarry-Angela-Rayner-relationship-1647137

196Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jul 28 2022, 15:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes Sluffy, so let’s see how the Labour Party now face a period of time in the limelight. No matter how much Captain Hindsight tries to paper over the cracks in the party and tries to pretend that the hard left have been capped, as soon as they get the chance, the Momentum gang will come out of the woodwork. There’s no doubt that there are differences in the Tory party but they have always been there and have found ways to work together when necessary whilst Labour are too ready to try and get one over each other and it will be the same at the next election. No nationalisation and now no backing their Union masters will result in even more pressure on the leadership and will make what happened in the Tory party look like chicken feed. Labour to win the next election? Only in their dreams. 😂

197Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jul 28 2022, 16:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not part of a gang, and I don't 'come out of the woodwork'.

198Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jul 28 2022, 16:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

63's on the list. Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 1f601

199Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jul 28 2022, 19:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:63's on the list. Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 1f601
I’m quaking in my boots!! 😉

200Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jul 28 2022, 19:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
I’m quaking in my boots!! 😉
You're playing with fire.
Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 10 Img_2616

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum: