Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Labour Finished?

+18
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Lard Lad
Cajunboy
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
Fabians Right Peg
scottjames30
okocha
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Are Labour Finished? Empty Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we now a one party country?

Labour appear to be in disarray, only this week Labour MPs have been suspended for racism and anti-Semitism. And this morning Labour MEP Peter Skinner was jailed for 4 years for fiddling his expenses.

Are Labour finished? Can any sane individual still vote for this joke of a party?

Will the Tories get over 90% of the vote next time?

2Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 13:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Snowy and Jock be in time?

3Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

because the Tory party is whiter than white isn't it Nat?  :facepalm:

Have you forgotten about the tax avoidance already by chance?

4Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of fair play, so be it. I am ready for the fight,'

Jonathan  Aitken.

If only Labour MP's could be more like him.

5Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 14:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:because the Tory party is whiter than white isn't it Nat?  :facepalm:

Have you forgotten about the tax avoidance already by chance?

Tax avoidance isn't illegal.

Fiddling your expenses is.

6Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 16:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In all seriousness my answer is no. 

Labour have certainly taken some damage in recent times and the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader hasn't helped their cause at all but they were in even worse shape in the early to mid 80's in particular. Michael Foot was the leader then and while he certainly had courage and was committed to his principles he was way out of touch with the elctorate, in fact the Labour Party was deemed by many newspapers and commentators to be 'unelectable' while he was in charge. 

They recovered from that and will in time recover from what's happening now. If any party has really suffered a fatal blow I'd say it has to be the Liberal Democrats, the fact they entered into a coalition with the Tories and reversed their own policies for the sake of 'power' would have been bad enough but they actually had no power and accomplished nothing other than to be a useful scapegoat for Cameron's mistakes. Even their own supporters turned against them and it will be little short of a miracle if they ever recover from the meltdown of 2015.

I suspect the Tories will win again in 2020 but by 2025 the people will be tired of them and Labour should have straightened itself out again just as it did in the nineties. There does seem to be a cycle to these things if you look at how General Elections have panned out since 1945.

7Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 17:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I suspect the Tories will win again in 2020 but by 2025 the people will be tired of them and Labour should have straightened itself out again just as it did in the nineties. There does seem to be a cycle to these things if you look at how General Elections have panned out since 1945.

You might be right, but I just think people trust the Tories more than Labour on the big issues i.e. the economy, going to war and the price of Pepsi multipacks.

8Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 18:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

You might be right, but I just think people trust the Tories more than Labour on the big issues i.e. the economy, going to war and the price of Pepsi multipacks.
At the moment yes they do but you forgot the REALLY big issue. 

Those blue rosetted idiots still haven't backed my campaign to get Snickers bars returned to their proper name of Marathon damn them. And worse, they haven't even considered bonce's campaign to have Brucie named King before that jug eared halfwit gets in.  Mad

9Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 19:18

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As things stand, Labour is going to struggle to make an impression in elections. They need to change. 
Corbyn seems unable to command respect, whereas Burnham is currently enjoying a surge of popularity, not just in his own party but right across the political spectrum. He has been applauded loud and long in the HoC and in the media, and the warmth of the response to his recent efforts from the audience and fellow-panellists on Question Time last night was remarkable. It just shows what can be achieved by making honest efforts to do what is right for constituents rather than focus on getting re-elected and indulging in spin.

As Nat says, too much is going wrong within the Labour party at a time when they should be making headway against the Tories and their failings. The party could do worse than take advantage of his new-found popularity and start afresh with Burnham as leader to unite the party and continue to galvanise support by actually listening to the public's concerns and taking action.

10Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:As things stand, Labour is going to struggle to make an impression in elections. They need to change. 
Corbyn seems unable to command respect, whereas Burnham is currently enjoying a surge of popularity, not just in his own party but right across the political spectrum. He has been applauded loud and long in the HoC and in the media, and the warmth of the response to his recent efforts from the audience and fellow-panellists on Question Time last night was remarkable. It just shows what can be achieved by making honest efforts to do what is right for constituents rather than focus on getting re-elected and indulging in spin.

As Nat says, too much is going wrong within the Labour party at a time when they should be making headway against the Tories and their failings. The party could do worse than take advantage of his new-found popularity and start afresh with Burnham as leader to unite the party and continue to galvanise support by actually listening to the public's concerns and taking action.

Top post. I trust David can count on your support from now on.

11Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 19:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think they're finished as such, the opposition always needs a laughing stock, to take the piss out of, to make them look good.

12Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I don't think they're finished as such, the opposition always needs a laughing stock, to take the piss out of, to make them look good.

A bit like Boggers on Nuts?

13Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 19:59

Support for the Tories is on the slide according to every national poll, people are realising that they haven't voted for a continuation of the coalitions' policies and the Tories ideology of shrinking the state is actually destroying what many voters value highly. The NHS is in turmoil, this forced academisation is indefensible from an educational standpoint and the cuts to local councils are having a direct effect on a every public service we all benefit from.

Whether or not Labour are an effective enough opposition in the eyes of the masses is another question, personally I think they are but we need an opposition who can capitalise on a government who are there for the taking. My worry is the media campaign against Corbyn has already convinced too many he's not the man, it's become increasingly clear to me the majority are more bothered about a face that fits rather than policy and principle.

14Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 20:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You were happy to condemn Cameron for doing nothing illegal, are you going to condemn these Labour fools for breaking the law?

15Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 20:07

Of course, fuck Peter Skinner.

I never condemned Cameron for tax avoidance though, I condemned him for preventing the EU being able to tackle it. The slimy rat.

16Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 20:09

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Remember saying a while back that the conservatives had completely destroyed the liberals thanks to the way they positioned themselves in the coalition government,

Now labour have effectively put themselves out of the next general election, thanks to in fighting and extremist views expressed either now or in the past by senior figures including their leader.

Makes you wonder where an effective opposition will come from, can see the SNP getting their way on independence due to labours ineffectiveness, which ironically will make it even harder for labour, however suspect the Tories won't have it all their own way.

The vote on Europe will undoubtedly cause arguments and I can easily see the conservatives splitting or possibly mass defection to UKIP especially if Farage goes.

17Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 20:15

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Labour have a fight to turn things around and won't do it with Corbs at the helm. He got in with a joke that backfired when the Labour Party invited every man and his do to join and vote. The tricksters saw a chance to neutralise Labour and JC was elected. They're all pretty much of a muchness and most of us are grasping at straws and will continue to do so until some sanity returns to the Labour Party. No chance for the next election but I would be getting my nose in the books, finding out what the public want and then giving it to them. The sooner they return their philosophy to the "Working mens' aspirations" the sooner they'll have a chance. Give us a reasonably paid job, reasonable rent levels, reasonable standard of living and get some of that rich-money diverted to where it's needed.

18Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 22:38

So you spend the first half of your post saying why Corbyn's no good and then end with the values he's spent his career fighting for. What a waste of a post.

19Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 23:05

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The invtation was to answer the question, "Are Labour finished?" I put forward my reasons why they are. It's a forum, that's allowed. I neither hope nor care really if the Labour Party come up smelling of roses for the foreseeable. I don't vote for Labour. And Corbyn is still the best recruiting sergeant for other parties.

20Are Labour Finished? Empty Re: Are Labour Finished? Fri Apr 29 2016, 23:27

Anyone reading that post would come to the conclusion that when you say 'give us' you're referring to yourself. Who do you vote for Bollotom?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum