Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Cardiff

+22
bwfc71
Sluffy
xmiles
Alf Hooker
doffcocker
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
NickFazer
chipbutty
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:23

LOL look at you all creaming your knickers after one lucky win.

102Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Malky Mackay's a worse loser than Owen Coyle.

Wanker.

I hope he's embarrassed watching that later tonight. Ngog's penalty was soft but he totally ignored the 'goal' that was offside.

Arsehole.

Yeah that was bloody ridiculous him moaning about decisions going against his team when his team got away with a goal against them. Should his team get decisions only going their way? At the end of the day it shouldn't have been a penalty but on the other hand one of his players (Kim) dived to try and get a penalty. Fucking arsehole.

Great! Something we can all agree on. Very Happy

103Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:30

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton Hater wrote:LOL look at you all creaming your knickers after one lucky win.

You must be sick as a parrot seeing Bolton get a manager like Dougie when you got what's his face.

104Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:08

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Great to see the team battle adversity and defeat the team atop the standings. I was surprised to see us go behind when no one had scored, then I realized it was Noone who scored - the bastard. Well done to Douglas, Robin and the lads. Onwards and upwards!
:clap:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

105Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

106Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

107Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 23:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1st up on The Footie League Show!!!!

And Ngog wasn't offside - quelle surprise!

108Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 00:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's this new striker we have - Dev Ed andgog or somert, he's awesome Razz

Couldn't watch the match live as I had to take the kids to a local bonfire...I tried to get out of it, but I lost. Anyway avoided the score and just finished watching the recording (which is great as you can fast forward all the chat, adverts etc)

Their manager must have watched a different game saying they had "dominated" the game - What a bellend! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

109Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 00:26

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Great finish from Ngog. He looked like the player we have seen only a couple of glimpses of in the past. We only see the best of him when he plays around quickly with Mavies, Eagles etc as opposed to K Davies. So glad KD went off.

When I heard the team sheet I said to my bro these exact words...

"I can't believe it, it's going to be a Megson performance. The best thing that could possibly happen for us is to go 1-0 or even 2-0 down, take Davies off because he misses a penalty and then go on and win because it will give DF something else to think about."

The first half was exactly the same as a boring boring negative Megson game. We did go 1-0 down. Davies went off. He didn't miss a penalty. But we did go on to win. I never really thought it would happen. In fact I finished my little speech with, "but it's probably never going to happen sadly."

110Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 00:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

found this comment from the manager odd... (on Ngog)

"“To be fair to the lad we do not play the way to give him the chances he deserves. He is a top finisher and that goal was typical of a top finisher. He was not in the game for long spell and then all of a sudden he makes a goal for himself.”"

A. We don't play that way... Does that mean we will be planning to play to Davies "strengths" in future games?

B. Not in the game for long spells? What? He was running the show p front. He won the ball. Created several chance for himself. Held it up well. The only spell he wasn't involved was when he was on the bench.

C. All of a sudden makes a goal for himself. Erm. Firstly that makes it sound like he hadn't had a kick all game and popped up out of the blue from nowhere with a goal. And secondly. He didn't make a goal for himself. He deflected someone else's shot in. Albeit a very good flick, it wasn't a self made chance.

I hope he isn't being racist and getting Ngog and Pratley mixed up.

Ps. That is the best 25 mins I have seen from a Bolton striker since Sturridge and possibly Elmander.

111Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 03:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Eggnog did what he always does ....he always turns a defender and has a do ....today things went his way and he is rightfully getting the praise. Cardiff were nothing barre from that one lad on the wing...."noone" I think it's spelled. And that's the league leaders?

I'd play Adofe & Sordell upfront on Tuesday and maybe give Lonnie a shot in goal.

Going forward Bring back Wheater & Holden .... and toss in Spearing....... use somat called "tactics" ......things are looking brighter all of a sudden.

I felt we deserved to win today. First half we had good possesion although doing nothing with it....second half dougie made his move with under an hour played. I personally can't remember the last time we subbed anybody under 60 minutes. Now with one game in Dougie has identified two donkey's and removed them from the field. Throw on Ream to hold the lead ...not saying that worked but at least on paper it was correct.

Looking forward to Tuesday now.

112Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I think we might win this one. Probably heart ruling head, but I have a feeling we'll scrape it. I hope that DF will start to integrate a few more younger players, but I can't see it so soon in his tenure. Cardiff have a great attack so it will be interesting to see how DF approaches the game, especially from the defensive angle. Will he do a Megson and sacrifice attackers to defend or will he do a Coyle and throw everyone forward regardless of the consequences? Or will he actually strike the right balance and get a bit more organisation in place where it's needed?

I'm hoping for something fairly radical in both selection and tactics from DF to set the tone and to show he's bringing something new to the table.

My prediction is 2-1.

Mystic me strikes again, but it wasn't quite what I expected. A lot of players impressed me and I think a lot of it was because they were given the roles we actually bought them for in the first instance. For once Ngog was allowed to shoot on sight instead of being told to run around like a headless chicken and focus on overelaborate link-up play. You could see from pratically his first touch that he was going for it. Such a shame he got sent off as the first booking was a nonsense. Knight was brilliant and won everything in the air which was important as without Bellamy, Cardiff resorted to aerial bombardment for a lot of the game. Pratley actually played like a box-to-box midfielder for once, and despite his poor crossing (unusual for him) the back four looked a lot more stable with Ricketts at RB.

Disappointments for me were Andrews who was slow and not at his best passing-wise, Bogdan who just looked like a nervous wreck - Ok the goal was deflected slightly but he should have done better and that punch was just an embarrassment - and to a lesser extent, Mills who must have tried 15 long balls from the back and was accurate on less than half of them.

Warnock was a bit reckless at times and reminded me of Robinson - he might have given a penalty away although Noone did push him and he could have picked up a red for persistent fouling, but last night he got away with it. I thought Ngog's penalty was nailed on - as the Korean guy kicked his ankle twice, but Ngog might have not got it by making a meal of it. Good spot from the ref.

As for Freedman I was pleased that he seems to be willing to set the team up so that the players we have are playing to their strengths. It's not rocket science but it was evident that they were far more comfortable doing what they do best rather than being shoe-horned into a system that didn't suit many of them. He has also said that he's willing to use the whole squad and if that turns out to be the case we can look forward to seeimg a few different systems - hopefully used appropriately as each game requires. With a bit of luck and good judgement, we could evolve into a club with lots of options that uses all the tools in the box.

We'll have to see if it's the new manager bounce syndrome or the start of something great. Either way, Tuesday is going to be very interesting.

113Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW I'm still amazed as to where the 5 minutes of added time came from - especially as we ended up playing 6 and a half minutes. We looked ragged at the end and how unlucky was the Cardiff goalie when he turned and smashed it into Bogdan's face? Maybe our luck is starting to turn too.

114Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 12:29

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good start for Dougie. Looked solid at the back throughout and should have had a couple more goals in the 2nd half, but it woulddn't be Bolton if you aren't chewing you fingernails for the last 5 or 8 minutes.

They both get a lot of stick [mostly deserved] but credit where its due, Knight had a great game and I thought Pratley did well until he was subbed. Bring on the Foxes.

115Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 12:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust, you are clueless.

Pratley was rubbish, every bit as bad as he was under Coyle. I've never seen a so-called professional footballer so poor at doing the basics. We improved because he was taken off.

Andrews played well, for the first time in years the opposition weren't cutting through our midfield like butter.

If you need a lesson in football PM me.

116Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 14:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was baffled as to why Spearing was dropped? It didn't make any sense. Ngog showed that he can play when the stakes are high. He was clearly out to impress the 'Doog' and his offside goal was very unfortunate. He clearly has more pace than KD and it's just a pity that he will miss the Leicester game. The (non ) penalty made up for the offside goal.

Petrov needs to be in the starting line-up on Tuesday.

117Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 14:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Pratley was competent in what he was asked to do, i.e. hold the ball and pass. He did this sideways and backwards, and if he put in any telling passes, I genuinely cannot rememeber one. I don't remember him making any crucial tackles, and certainly no crunchers. In other words he's a bit lightweight. I would leave him on the bench, but there must be something there for both the old and the new manager to play him.

118Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:16

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The starting line up was pretty poor overall, clearly set up to not concede, The only positive from it was that Ricketts finally played at RB.

The set up worked pretty well though in term of not conceding, neither team was able to build any momentum but the only players on our side who looked at all dangerous were chungy and eagles. Unfortunelty they got a jammy goal through Bogdans error. At half time neither team deserved a goal but they had one.

When the changes were made we looked a hell of a lot stronger attacking wise but as usual our defense suffered a bit, but in general coped. All in all we throughly deserved the win considering we could have easily had a penalty earlier, their goal was bloody lucky and not at all deserved, and N'gog scored two..

The players who I though had a good game:

N'gog (Every shot was dangerous, netted two, first yellow was bollocks)
Warnock (looked very solid and got stuck in, far better than Alonso)
Eagles (Usual stuff)
Chungy (Our most skillfull player, rarely misplaces a pass)
Mark Davies (General play was much better than usual)
Petrov (been working hard for his place, think he deserves it)

Bad game:

Pratley (Usual of not doing anything)
Andrews (Did even less than Pratley)
SKD (Really, really bad game)
Bogdan (Three bad games in a row, but I doubt we have anyone better at the club)

As much as I think Knight is a terrible player, he is big and strong, and if he is told to stop wandering off and doing stupid things (he lost possession a lot in the first 25 mins)then he could be good in the Championship, the first of either Mills or Knight to underperform and Id stick Ream in.

For the next game Id like to see:

--------Sordell--------

Petrov---Eagles----Chungy

--Spearing----M.Davies

Warnock--Knight--Mills--Ricketts

---------Bogdan-------

Good start for Dougie.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:26; edited 1 time in total

119Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hhhmmm, is Ngog not banned, or have I got it wrong?

120Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Silly me, changed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum