Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Cardiff

+22
bwfc71
Sluffy
xmiles
Alf Hooker
doffcocker
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
NickFazer
chipbutty
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun 4 Nov - 15:42

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The cameras showed SKD after he was subbed and after Ngog had scored. He didn't look best pleased. Maybe he realises his days are numbered now.

122Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun 4 Nov - 16:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Probably realised we have a manger with balls to actually take him off when he isn't playing at his best.

123Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun 4 Nov - 18:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:The starting line up was pretty poor overall, clearly set up to not concede, The only positive from it was that Ricketts finally played at RB.

The set up worked pretty well though in term of not conceding, neither team was able to build any momentum but the only players on our side who looked at all dangerous were chungy and eagles. Unfortunelty they got a jammy goal through Bogdans error. At half time neither team deserved a goal but they had one.

When the changes were made we looked a hell of a lot stronger attacking wise but as usual our defense suffered a bit, but in general coped. All in all we throughly deserved the win considering we could have easily had a penalty earlier, their goal was bloody lucky and not at all deserved, and N'gog scored two..

The players who I though had a good game:

N'gog (Every shot was dangerous, netted two, first yellow was bollocks)
Warnock (looked very solid and got stuck in, far better than Alonso)
Eagles (Usual stuff)
Chungy (Our most skillfull player, rarely misplaces a pass)
Mark Davies (General play was much better than usual)
Petrov (been working hard for his place, think he deserves it)

Bad game:

Pratley (Usual of not doing anything)
Andrews (Did even less than Pratley)
SKD (Really, really bad game)
Bogdan (Three bad games in a row, but I doubt we have anyone better at the club)

As much as I think Knight is a terrible player, he is big and strong, and if he is told to stop wandering off and doing stupid things (he lost possession a lot in the first 25 mins)then he could be good in the Championship, the first of either Mills or Knight to underperform and Id stick Ream in.

For the next game Id like to see:

--------Sordell--------

Petrov---Eagles----Chungy

--Spearing----M.Davies

Warnock--Knight--Mills--Ricketts

---------Bogdan-------

Good start for Dougie.

I pretty much agree with Lofty's assessment. Andrews and Pratley have still to impress me. If we play with two wingers and a midfield of five then it has to be Lee and Petrov on the wings. Eagles can play inside left with Mark Davies inside right and Spearing in the middle just in front of the back four.

I am happy with Warnock at left back and any perm of Mills, Ream and Knight ( or Ricketts) but I prefer Ricketts at RB rather than Mears.

124Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun 4 Nov - 19:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley and Andrews were not in the team to "impress." IMO anyway. They're dogs bodies that allow Mark Davies to express himself.

I think they did well.

Even though the first half was a non event, we passed the ball well, All 3 of Davies, Prats and Andrews showed for the ball early and often, this is new for us, we passed and moved.

only Mills was guilty of long ball nonsense.

Andrews and Prats are never going to pull up any trees but that kind of set up, away from home, could be very handy.

125Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sun 4 Nov - 20:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, you are clueless.

Pratley was rubbish, every bit as bad as he was under Coyle. I've never seen a so-called professional footballer so poor at doing the basics. We improved because he was taken off.

Andrews played well, for the first time in years the opposition weren't cutting through our midfield like butter.

If you need a lesson in football PM me.

Clearly you have much to teach me.

As they say "You don't know what you don't know" - wise words indeed.

Fill me in at your leisure...

..could you start by advising me what this emoticon is meant to mean elephant ?

Is it an "in the room" reference, a "you're a fat bastard" reference, an "I won't forget this in a hurry, pal" reference, a "you're an endangered species, f*****!" reference or a "I like you because you're like an elephant and I like elephants reference"? Or just a picture of a tiny elephant head?.

126Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Mon 5 Nov - 1:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

SKD was poor .....there is no argument about that.

The others you can argue back n forth. So in the theory of "one step at a time" lets get the Sordell, Adofe, Ngog, Eaves combinations going ....then shuffle the rest from there.

I figure Dougie will start SKD again on Tuesday to be subbed out by Sordell.

A giant step will be to give the captains armband to somebody else....that will stamp Dougie's name on the team and show some balls to boot.

127Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Mon 5 Nov - 6:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree it would be for the best to make kev a back up striker but no manager would arrive at a new club and just drop the popular club captain and take the captaincy off him. A new manager can't rock the boat like that and risk getting on the wrong side of players otherwise the players may decide they don't want to play for him. Of course kev will start in midweek but it doesn't mean dougie thinks he is different class, management is not just about managing a football team tactically,it's about managing people in the best way to get the best out of them. That is why nat is so wrong criticising dougie shaking n'gog's hand when sent off. That would have meant a lot to n'gog. That is going to help get the best out of him. Did you ever have a teacher who believed in you and encouraged you and praised all your good work - it makes you work harder to do your best.

128Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Mon 5 Nov - 21:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In case anybody's forgot the story or didn't know...

Coyle contacted his mate Malky Mackay in January for a reference on Sordell who he had worked with at Watford. Mackay said he was a waste of space. It turned out Mackay was also planning a bid for Sordell at the time.

Wanker.

129Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Mon 5 Nov - 22:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, you are clueless.

Pratley was rubbish, every bit as bad as he was under Coyle. I've never seen a so-called professional footballer so poor at doing the basics. We improved because he was taken off.

Andrews played well, for the first time in years the opposition weren't cutting through our midfield like butter.

If you need a lesson in football PM me.

Clearly you have much to teach me.

As they say "You don't know what you don't know" - wise words indeed.

Fill me in at your leisure...

..could you start by advising me what this emoticon is meant to mean elephant ?

Is it an "in the room" reference, a "you're a fat bastard" reference, an "I won't forget this in a hurry, pal" reference, a "you're an endangered species, f*****!" reference or a "I like you because you're like an elephant and I like elephants reference"? Or just a picture of a tiny elephant head?.

Am I the only one who found this worthy of a small giggle?
:ninja:

Have a picture of a ninja as payment for this great deed...

130Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Mon 5 Nov - 22:49

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:I agree it would be for the best to make kev a back up striker but no manager would arrive at a new club and just drop the popular club captain and take the captaincy off him. A new manager can't rock the boat like that and risk getting on the wrong side of players otherwise the players may decide they don't want to play for him. Of course kev will start in midweek but it doesn't mean dougie thinks he is different class, management is not just about managing a football team tactically,it's about managing people in the best way to get the best out of them. That is why nat is so wrong criticising dougie shaking n'gog's hand when sent off. That would have meant a lot to n'gog. That is going to help get the best out of him. Did you ever have a teacher who believed in you and encouraged you and praised all your good work - it makes you work harder to do your best.

This is a fucking fantastic post... 10/10 sir ...
:good:

131Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 0:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael makes a good point.

I was pissed off on Saturday like I am every week to see KD's name on the sheet but don't hold it against DF that he chose against making what from his point of view would have been hasty decisions like dropping ostensibly one of our better players.

132Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 1:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think kevin Davies is "passed it" as you lot like to put it.

I get the feeling he hated working under coyle, he wasted no time in pointing out how much better training had been since coyle was sacked. Maybe kev didn't feel motivated enough to play to his best for OC.

Now under DF I feel we will see KD return to the Powerhouse he still is.

Listen to me, I know what I'm saying!

133Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 7:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
I get the feeling he hated working under coyle, he wasted no time in pointing out how much better training had been since coyle was sacked. Maybe kev didn't feel motivated enough to play to his best for OC.

Now under DF I feel we will see KD return to the Powerhouse he still is.

Listen to me, I know what I'm saying!

I would be seething if this was true. KD is a professional footballer being paid thousands of pounds every week - he should bloody well give 100% every week.

Sometimes my boss/father pisses me off by smoking in the boardroom, but I still give 100% for my clients.

134Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 13:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He was dire at Wolves, dire at Boro (my Boro supporting pal thinks it's laughable we've stuck with him all season with Sordell on the bench) and he was dire against Cardiff.

I think he's been least effective since Coyle left.

135Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 14:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that successive managers consider him a tactical asset. He's clearly not got the shirt for his goals, and on a good day the ball sticks with him. In theory you could have an extra midfielder and not worry about the defence so much if he could hold it up every time, but as the OC era proved, it doesn't always stick and that coupled with some errant passing all over the midfield puts our defence at risk and was inneffective in most games.

Freedman was smart enough to start him in a "mature" and slightly more defensive line up against Cardiff and it all went reasonably well (neither team looked like scoring) until we gave away that soft goal - had we not conceded we might have worn them down eventually. But when we went behind, a substitution was always on the cards. I suspect he'll adopt the same approach when we play some of the better teams i.e. start SKD and see how it goes.

I can understand this, but what Freedman may eventually realise is that both Sordell and Ngog can hold the ball up reasonably well - perhaps not as well as SKD if it's a straight tussle with a defender, but they compensate for that by having a better chance of getting on the end of inaccurate passes and punts. I don't see a valid reason not to start one of them instead of SKD and if they gel in training, maybe play with 2 strikers at the expense of a wide midfielder. If we are chasing the game and had both Sordell and Ngog with a licence to shoot (having sacrificed a holding mid) we'd be a threat.

136Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 14:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I can understand this, but what Freedman may eventually realise is that both Sordell and Ngog can hold the ball up reasonably well - perhaps not as well as SKD if it's a straight tussle with a defender, but they compensate for that by having a better chance of getting on the end of inaccurate passes and punts. I don't see a valid reason not to start one of them instead of SKD and if they gel in training, maybe play with 2 strikers at the expense of a wide midfielder. If we are chasing the game and had both Sordell and Ngog with a licence to shoot (having sacrificed a holding mid) we'd be a threat.

Ngog has had one good game in 50? Sordell is yet to play well. I can understand why Coyle stuck with Davies. It's all very well slagging Davies off, but no one has exactly stepped up to replace him.

137Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 14:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sordell hasn't exactly played badly either. That can't be said for Afobe, who was constantly picked ahead him for some reason.

138Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 14:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Afobe hasn't been played in the central striker role. He always got pushed out on the wing and consequently looked ineffective.

139Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sordell hasn't exactly played badly either. That can't be said for Afobe, who was constantly picked ahead him for some reason.

Sordell has been fecking useless in the games he has played.

140Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue 6 Nov - 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No he hasn't.

but by your standards (Messi) yes he has.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum