Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Cardiff

+22
bwfc71
Sluffy
xmiles
Alf Hooker
doffcocker
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
NickFazer
chipbutty
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

81Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:I hate to say 'I've been saying it all season' but I've been saying it all season.

I went to the friendly at Morecambe where Ngog played the first half and KDavies played the second, and the adverse effect the change had on the all-round tempo of our play was monumental.
Lame as Ngog is, he came on tonight for Davies and was a breath of fresh air. At his worst, he gives us something Davies can't at his best. If there was any justice, he'd now be on half Davies' goal tally, in less than half the game time.

N'gog really was superb, we have a real player there. He scored a good goal wrongly disallowed and his goal was superb - and he won the penalty - all in what, 30 mins. Absolutely superb performance by N'Gog.

82Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:36

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Beagrie said the manager shouldn't have shook his hand as he was sent off - but the fact is that he was giving everything and I for one am glad to see our strikers putting in tackles, under Coyle strikers would just not give a shit.

N'Gog was absolutely brilliant.

83Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Malkay Mackay is complaining that decisions by the ref was to blame bnt for god's sake, what does he want - he got the decision on our goal being wrongly disallowed. Tosser.

84Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Even the daft must admit that Ngog changed that game today.... a good goal disallowed, couple of shots on goal, penalty, goal and sent off ......nice.

It's called having an effect on the game .....and Petrov helped also.

Now start Sordell Tuesday ....let's see what he can do.

Good start Dougie.

85Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It raises a whole lot of quetions for Tuesday's game. had Ngog not been sent of I think he would have started. What will happen now? SKD to start again, but subbed with Sordell?

I also have to say that even though I've moaned loads at Knight, I thought he did well tonight.

86Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:45

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Good start Doug, lets keep it up and dish those bollockings out when they're needed and the praise when its deserved. its all starting to look a little brighter.

87Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:48

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I thought it was rather funny when they were 1-0 up and their fans just decided to sing

"1-0 to the sheep shaggers"

Also at half time when some guy was sorting the pitch out he got a ball kicked at him and dropped his grass poker.

Ha easily amused.

88Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I feel a lot better now although I nearly had a heart attack when that imbecile assistant referee disallowed Ngog's goal (and not just because it cost me a notional £150). No doubt that, and maybe a foul on SKD in the penalty box in the first half, influenced the ref's decision on the Ngog penalty.

We actually deserved a win today. Good points: Ngog was great, Eagles, Mavies, Petrov, Ricketts and even Knight were good. Bad points: why play Pratley and start SKD? Will Freedman start both on Tuesday?

89Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:What will happen now? SKD to start again, but subbed with Sordell?

Probably, but why?
He was ineffective as he has been for the majority of the season. The stats along with his reputation are acting as red herrings, and he's proving to be like a bad smell that won't go away. Coyle fell for it (of course), Phillips fell for it, Freedman fell for it tonight but encouragingly realised an hour in that he's just not good enough.
For too long, Davies has been treated specially. All the while, younger and frankly better players have been deprived of a proper chance.

90Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:05

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles, you have to remember Freedman probably hasn't seen much of a lot of our players play, I think it was right to start with the club captain, he brought him off pretty early, I was impressed with that. I personally was glad to see Dougie pick a midfield full of goals, Lee, Pratley, Mark Davies, Eagles and Andrews are all capable of scoring goals. I didn't think Pratley did badly.

It was so encouraging to see N'gog play like that, we have been saying we don't have a goalscorer but in 30 mins N'gog looked absolutely superb, it just makes you think why couldn't Coyle ever get anything out of him? It will probably be the same with Sordell - Coyle never really gave him a chance either.

It was interesting to see Dougie start with very different players to even what JP and SL started with in the past two games, I was glad at that, I don't want someone come in with the same ideas as Coyle and JP/SL. I thought Knight did really well, I thought it was great seeing the players close down Cardiff and work so hard off the ball.

We are only 10 points off the league leaders, if we put in performances like we did in the second half we will win a heck of a lot of games.

91Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well at least he has a bit of tactical nous. Petrov and Ngog changed the game, and he recognised a need to tighten up at the end bringing on Ream.

Coyle would never have done that and we'd probably have drawn.

only 1 game but plenty of sammy lee's to take from the game (positives)

92Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I arrive about 2 minutes before kick-off. I ask my Dad the team and he tells me Freedman has brought back Knight & Pratley, left out Spearing and we are playing Kevin Davies as a lone striker. I am instantly seething and swear I will gut Freedman with a fish knife.

I watch 45 minutes of the most pitiful football ever witnessed at the Reebok. Two absolutely dire teams with not an ounce of attacking flare between them. Bogdan lets in a pea-roller (again) and we are 1-0 down. I am quite livid at this point.

At half-time I unvail my 'Freedman Out' banner written in Owen Coyle's blood. Two fat stewards stop me from hanging it at the back of the stand. They are clearly Freedman's brothers.

The second half gets underway and I continue to watch utter shite from Bolton. At last it dawns on Freedman to remove Kevin Davies. He is replaced by the human ironing board, David Ngog.

Ngog goes on to have the game of his miserable life. Perhaps he isn't blind after all. Ngog dives to win us a penalty which petrov puts away very well. Ngog then swings his foot at a crap Ricketts effort and somehow we are in front, maybe he should hand his blue badge back.

I then watch him get sent off for a stupid, stupid tackle. What a bellend. I am very cross with him. I quickly take out my flask of Coyle blood and cross out the 'Freedman' bit and replace it with 'Ngog'. Kevin Davies helps me erect it.

After 8 minutes of added time we have won thanks to Bogdan's fat head.

Lucky, lucky Bolton.

93Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, good to see yourjaundiced view of the team hasn't changed. By your normal standards, your comments are indeed praise.

94Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:48

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, you miserable slag. How can you be livid at N'gog - weren't you pleased to see our attacking players tackle and chase the ball? And as for N'gog putting his foot out for his goal, it was an absolutely sublime touch. And don't forget he had a goal wrong crossed off, 3 players were playing him on.

You slag.

95Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Malky Mackay's a worse loser than Owen Coyle.

Wanker.

96Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:59

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That game was totally worth freezing my arse off for! As someone else said, it had everything! Including a plan, tactics and a manager brave enough to make the big decisions. Hats off Dougie. Another 3 points in midweek and you'll be a Bolton hero already!

DFSWA!!!!! :party: :number1:

97Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A game changed by david ngog, never thought I would say that but fair play to the lad he put a shift in and though I was annoyed he was sent off he seemed very pumped up and stupidly went in on the 2nd challenge.

I won't remember the first 50 odd minutes for long, SKD was the most in affective player on the pitch and pratley is by far the worst midfielder on our books, if he manages to get a new contract the guys shagging the pay roll woman.

As for positives, Lee had a great game and looked back to his old self. Ricketts put back to right back which is a no brainer. Petrov looked good when he came on and put in some good balls.

Not the best game you will ever see, well not the best first half anyway but we beat the team top of the league so onwards and upwards.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:05; edited 1 time in total

98Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Malky Mackay's a worse loser than Owen Coyle.

Wanker.

I hope he's embarrassed watching that later tonight. Ngog's penalty was soft but he totally ignored the 'goal' that was offside.

Arsehole.

99Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I arrive about 2 minutes before kick-off. I ask my Dad the team and he tells me Freedman has brought back Knight & Pratley, left out Spearing and we are playing Kevin Davies as a lone striker. I am instantly seething and swear I will gut Freedman with a fish knife.

I watch 45 minutes of the most pitiful football ever witnessed at the Reebok. Two absolutely dire teams with not an ounce of attacking flare between them. Bogdan lets in a pea-roller (again) and we are 1-0 down. I am quite livid at this point.

At half-time I unvail my 'Freedman Out' banner written in Owen Coyle's blood. Two fat stewards stop me from hanging it at the back of the stand. They are clearly Freedman's brothers.

The second half gets underway and I continue to watch utter shite from Bolton. At last it dawns on Freedman to remove Kevin Davies. He is replaced by the human ironing board, David Ngog.

Ngog goes on to have the game of his miserable life. Perhaps he isn't blind after all. Ngog dives to win us a penalty which petrov puts away very well. Ngog then swings his foot at a crap Ricketts effort and somehow we are in front, maybe he should hand his blue badge back.

I then watch him get sent off for a stupid, stupid tackle. What a bellend. I am very cross with him. I quickly take out my flask of Coyle blood and cross out the 'Freedman' bit and replace it with 'Ngog'. Kevin Davies helps me erect it.

After 8 minutes of added time we have won thanks to Bogdan's fat head.

Lucky, lucky Bolton.

lol!

100Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Sat Nov 03 2012, 21:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Malky Mackay's a worse loser than Owen Coyle.

Wanker.

I hope he's embarrassed watching that later tonight. Ngog's penalty was soft but he totally ignored the 'goal' that was offside.

Arsehole.

Yeah that was bloody ridiculous him moaning about decisions going against his team when his team got away with a goal against them. Should his team get decisions only going their way? At the end of the day it shouldn't have been a penalty but on the other hand one of his players (Kim) dived to try and get a penalty. Fucking arsehole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum