Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Cardiff

+22
bwfc71
Sluffy
xmiles
Alf Hooker
doffcocker
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
NickFazer
chipbutty
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No he hasn't.

but by your standards (Messi) yes he has.

My standards are professional standards - standards you would expect a £3m player to achieve.

Sadly, he didn't.

142Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's played what, 3 games, he scored in one of them.

when you consider the scoring records of our strikers over the years thats probably amongst the best.

143Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sordell hasn't exactly played badly either. That can't be said for Afobe, who was constantly picked ahead him for some reason.

Sordell has been fecking useless in the games he has played.

That's not true. He was asked to play as a link up player in an overelaborate system and did it very well - his layoffs and touch were good and he underlined it with his performances for England in the Olympics. However the lad is a striker and has shown he can score goals albeit at Watford - he just hasn't been given the opportunity to be the main man for Bolton having been asked to play second fiddle to BKD. In the games he has played for us, he looked as if he was under strict instructions not to shoot (ditto Ngog)

If Freedman gives Sordell the same latitude he gave Ngog then I suspect we'll see what Marvin's really about.

144Bolton 2-1 Cardiff - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Cardiff Tue Nov 06 2012, 18:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We're all seeing the intial shuffling of the pack, whilst the team and manager get to know each other. This will happen over at least 4 games, after which I should imagine DF has a good feel for his main team. Any wins are a bonus, but for me its the building of both confidence and clean sheets. We have to look long-term now, and hopefully we will become more involved with this side of the task, and not hound him when things go wrong (because they will at some time). My feeling is that this guy knows what he's talking about, and it'll be good to see if I'm right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum