Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 11:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And I'll now throw in that as the 45% tax cut has been scrapped (U-turned) the 'heat' will probably now go out of the 'headlines' of the mini budget being all about giving money to the rich.

The general public (the voters!) (maybe even people like Whitesince63?) will largely believe the government has listened and done something about it and be oblivious to the fact that £42 billion of the original £45 billion will still be headed in their direction!

I'm certainly not saying the 45% tax cut was some form of a ploy - it wasn't, it was genuinely intended but its scrapping will probably take the focus away from the remaining £42 billion worth of tax cuts heading in their direction funded by cuts in public service (or otherwise it would mean Truss and Kwarty having to increase government borrowing to fund them - which she is ideologically against doing and the cornerstone of her 'manifesto' she stood on to get elected rather than Rishi).

142How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 12:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I’ve been worried about Saint Marcus. It can’t be easy having to pay 45% tax on most of your £200K per week wages especially when you’ve got several houses to heat.

143How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 13:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I’ve been worried about Saint Marcus. It can’t be easy having to pay 45% tax on most of your £200K per week wages especially when you’ve got several houses to heat.

He can always pop down to his favourite foodbank if he's struggling...

144How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 15:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Who will be sacked first?.....Truss or Southgate?

145How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 16:12

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Kwarty

146How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 16:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

He can always pop down to his favourite foodbank if he's struggling...

Wythenshawe Food Bank had £75K of income last year but spent only £3K on food.

I think they'd have said if any of it had come from Saint Marcus but what did they do with the rest of it, do I hear you ask?

147How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 16:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What did they do with the rest of it Bob?

Did they spend the bulk of it on social networking costs like the ST did perhaps?

148How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 20:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The point is you still think no one else gets it, and need to prove your point by explaining in great depth. And then talk down to people your doing it again. You really dont need to bother explaining anything else please spare me. 

When i think of you on here, i see a man walking down his hall looking in the mirror and arguing with himself for a couple of hours just to keep his hand in.

For the record you really didn't understand the perception otherwise you wouldn't have thought the 2 billion tax rise was of little importance, don't bother replying i am to emotional to read your tripe.

149How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 20:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wessy wrote:The point is you still think no one else gets it, and need to prove your point by explaining in great depth. And then talk down to people your doing it again. You really dont need to bother explaining anything else please spare me. 

When i think of you on here, i see a man walking down his hall looking in the mirror and arguing with himself for a couple of hours just to keep his hand in.

For the record you really didn't understand the perception otherwise you wouldn't have thought the 2 billion tax rise was of little importance, don't bother replying i am to emotional to read your tripe.

I agree, I do waste my breath on people who have closed minds.

I know that, but still explain anyway for others who would like to know what is actually going on - rather than people like you who have already made their minds up based on their prejudices.

If you don't want to understand that an argument over £3m billion takes the focus completely away from the other £42 billion, then more fool you.

And if I did wander down the hall looking for something to talk to, it wouldn't be the mirror, it would be the wall - because I'd get a great deal more sense out of it than conversing with you.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

150How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Oct 03 2022, 23:14

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:What did they do with the rest of it Bob?

Did they spend the bulk of it on social networking costs like the ST did perhaps?
Where did the money go?

The Wythenshawe Food Bank spent £11K on premises costs, £3K on food and another £1K on other expenses. The rest of the £75K just stayed in the bank. There mustn't be much call for food banks in Wythenshawe!!!!!

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Saint Marcus should also be able to bank a few quid more now that he will only have to pay 19% tax on his  'book writing' and his peacock posturing. Unless he buys a few more houses, of course.

The ST? That's a different story.

151How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 15:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I never thought I'd be cheering on Gove and Mordaunt, but well done to them for putting country and constituents before party or their own Tory popularity.

I also had an idea that, despite our experience with Thatcher, female MPs were more likely than males to be caring, fair and compassionate, but Patel, Braverman, Coffey, Truss, Dorries etc have almost disabused me of that theory.

I shouldn't have doubted myself, however, because, by stark contrast, Labour's Reeves, Nandy, Cooper, Dodds, Rayner, Phillipson, Gill etc  are all articulate, intelligent, reasoned, civilised.....and sane!

152How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 16:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:I never thought I'd be cheering on Gove and Mordaunt, but well done to them for putting country and constituents before party or their own Tory popularity.

I also had an idea that, despite our experience with Thatcher, female MPs were more likely than males to be caring, fair and compassionate, but Patel, Braverman, Coffey, Truss, Dorries etc have almost disabused me of that theory.

I shouldn't have doubted myself, however, because, by stark contrast, Labour's Reeves, Nandy, Cooper, Dodds, Rayner, Phillipson, Gill etc  are all articulate, intelligent, reasoned, civilised.....and sane!
Ha, ha, ha, ha ha, that’s a cracker even for you Oko. Why don’t you include Abbott, Huq, Butler, Thornberry, Long-Bailey and best of all Rayner. Hopefully none of these will ever see anywhere near government and you can throw in your choices with them. Still two years to go yet and much to your disappointment, by that time the Tory’s will have settled the issues and Labour will be seen to be the car crash they always will be once their policies are fully scrutinised. Enjoy your moment in the sun, it won’t be lasting long. 🤗🎉

153How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 16:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I shouldn't have doubted myself, however, because, by stark contrast, Labour's Reeves, Nandy, Cooper, Dodds, Rayner, Phillipson, Gill etc  are all articulate, intelligent, reasoned, civilised.....and sane!

Rayner? Nandy? They are every bit as loathsome as any Tory.

But the sad fact is, whoever gets in power will be more interested in furthering their own career than helping the average man/woman in the street.

154How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 18:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Rayner? Nandy? They are every bit as loathsome as any Tory.

But the sad fact is, whoever gets in power will be more interested in furthering their own career than helping the average man/woman in the street.

Hard to disagree with that Nat. Like I’ve said numerous times, this is arguably the worst bunch of parliamentarians I can ever remember and it sadly leaves us with the choices we have across all parties. I honestly can’t think of any MP just now that I would trust to deliver so we have to make do with what we’ve got. Why has it got to this state? Is it because as you say, it is totally fuelled by self interest. How many have actually done a real days work in their lives moving straight from university or charities to Westminster? 

What happened to all the MPs who worked in industry or commerce, down the pit or in the steelworks. Local party committees pick who comes in so there must be blame there. It’s hard to see what we do about it now but when you know that you yourself have more common sense and awareness of the problems than the people we’ve elected to deal with them you know for sure we’re in trouble!!

155How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 19:49

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, just give us examples of Nandy being in any way "loathsome". I don't see that at all.

156How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 20:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a look at the people asleep during Coffeys conference speech.

157How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 04 2022, 21:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Liz Truss’s £15 Tory party conference “in Liz we Truss” mugs were made in China.

158How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 05 2022, 12:14

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:Nat, just give us examples of Nandy being in any way "loathsome". I don't see that at all.
She’s from Wigan! How more loathesome can you get? 😌

159How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 05 2022, 12:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
okocha wrote:Nat, just give us examples of Nandy being in any way "loathsome". I don't see that at all.
She’s from Wigan! How more loathesome can you get? 😌

I think she might be a Bury girl?

Or at least when I was following Wigan in Administration, that's what many of their supporters were claiming.  Seems they were arguing that that was the reason she didn't fully understand what was going on, and 'their' toxic relationship with Wigan Rugby who shared the stadium.

She is Wigan's MP though.

160How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 06 2022, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Liz Truss finally admits there is no hope of a UK/US trade deal in the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile the government are considering joining the EPC - the European Political Community - a new French-led vehicle for political co-operation in Europe.

As another cornerstone of Brexit collapses, hope rises from the ashes Smile

It will get a lot of criticism from all sides but it seems to be a response to the threat of Russia - and if so may well include economic as well as military co-operation if it comes to fruition.
And if it goes down that road we could well be seeing the dawn of a new EU lite.

What do you think?
Truss signs upHere

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum