Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

321How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 16:59

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can have your jibes and rubbish Boris but he’s still the most popular politician in Westminster by a country mile. Yes, he’s a liar and yes he’s selfish and all the other criticisms made against him but he’s still the most popular with the electorate and the only chance the Tory’s have of not being obliterated at the next GE. There’s no saying of course that he’ll get through the MPs vote but it’s pretty certain that if he does he’ll get the members vote. Look at the alternatives and tell me despite all that’s happened he’s not the best bet. Sadly Liz cocked up her chance but to be fair they were on her back from the start. If you look at what Boris did do though, Boris did succeed on the big issues, Brexit, Covid and Ukraine and on Covid got us out of lockdown quicker than anyone else plus performing brilliantly on the vaccine. So he gets the big calls right but if he was appointed again it must be with strong support around him, not the likes of Carrie and her crowd which was his downfall. One things for certain, Starmer will be doing everything he can to rubbish BoJo and that could just work against him. Bring on Boris 🤗

322How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you really think the return of Boris would be a good thing you are a bigger bellend than I thought.

This shambles of a government have destroyed British politics, made us a laughing stock around the world, and made people poorer than they should be. And it started with Boris.

The fact he is even being mentioned is an absolute disgrace, where the fuck is your common decency?

323How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 17:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:You can have your jibes and rubbish Boris but he’s still the most popular politician in Westminster by a country mile. Yes, he’s a liar and yes he’s selfish and all the other criticisms made against him but he’s still the most popular with the electorate and the only chance the Tory’s have of not being obliterated at the next GE. There’s no saying of course that he’ll get through the MPs vote but it’s pretty certain that if he does he’ll get the members vote. Look at the alternatives and tell me despite all that’s happened he’s not the best bet. Sadly Liz cocked up her chance but to be fair they were on her back from the start. If you look at what Boris did do though, Boris did succeed on the big issues, Brexit, Covid and Ukraine and on Covid got us out of lockdown quicker than anyone else plus performing brilliantly on the vaccine. So he gets the big calls right but if he was appointed again it must be with strong support around him, not the likes of Carrie and her crowd which was his downfall. One things for certain, Starmer will be doing everything he can to rubbish BoJo and that could just work against him. Bring on Boris 🤗
You admit the man is a liar yet want to welcome him back. The rest of your post is, quite frankly, arrant nonsense.

324How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 18:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just watch the video at post 314. Boris is an excuse for a worthwhile human being

325How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 18:53

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thanks Bonce, I’m often accused of talking arrant nonsense on here by people who like you are far cleverer than me which is why I talk to myself so much. It’s the only intelligent conversation I get. 😉

It’s not actually that I want him back especially, it’s just that I believe if the Torys want to have any chance of avoiding a wipe out at the next election, then Boris is for me the only one who can do it. None of the others have any chance so I’m just being realistic as a Tory voter who can’t stand the thought of a Starmer government and the carnage that would bring. I accept things are bad but don’t for a minute think Labour couldn’t make them much worse.

326How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 19:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Thanks Bonce, I’m often accused of talking arrant nonsense on here by people who like you are far cleverer than me which is why I talk to myself so much. It’s the only intelligent conversation I get. 😉

It’s not actually that I want him back especially, it’s just that I believe if the Torys want to have any chance of avoiding a wipe out at the next election, then Boris is for me the only one who can do it. None of the others have any chance so I’m just being realistic as a Tory voter who can’t stand the thought of a Starmer government and the carnage that would bring. I accept things are bad but don’t for a minute think Labour couldn’t make them much worse.
I talk to myself and still can't get a sensible answer. Welcome to the club. Very Happy

327How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 21:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If you really think the return of Boris would be a good thing you are a bigger bellend than I thought.
You're making the mistake of confusing "good thing for the country" with "good thing for the chances of the Tories hanging on to power" - which is all these idiots care about. They genuinely don't give a f*** about the country.

...and we're stuck with them for another 2 years.

328How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 22:15

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The points above say it all, The Tories bang on about being patriotic and fly the flag, then when the shit hits the fan they would sell body parts to stay in power.

Its a disgrace that a disgraced politician who is under investigation could even be considered.
However

Interestingly on question time in a Tory stronhold in Cheltenham only 4 people wanted Boris back? Even his sister didn't want him back.

329How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 22:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shame on the Tories!

They've fiddled the rules to cut a deal for Truss - presumably as a sweetener to get her out.

Despite only serving as PM for 45 days she will be paid £115,000 of taxpayers' money every year for the rest of her life.

330How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 23:23

Feby

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

What a day. This would be funny if we weren't all in the shit.

331How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 00:10

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:If you really think the return of Boris would be a good thing you are a bigger bellend than I thought.

This shambles of a government have destroyed British politics, made us a laughing stock around the world, and made people poorer than they should be. And it started with Boris.

The fact he is even being mentioned is an absolute disgrace, where the fuck is your common decency?

:agree: :agree:

332How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 08:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Poor old Liz, beaten by the lettuce.
How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 _127281253_star-nc

333How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 08:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well said, Wessy, Nat, Hip, Norpig and Bonce.....but look at how the media are talking about the convict!
Shameful to even entertain the idea!

334How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 09:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Charlatan'.
The word fits Johnson like a ten grand suit.

335How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 09:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The only newspaper worth reading this morning for its coverage of politics is The Financial Times.

I'm a convert! 

The others, apart from the balanced "i", all have their own histrionic vested interests.

336How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Through all the recent chaos Ben Wallace has seemed one of the only Tories to come out of it with any credibility. But now he's "leaning towards Boris". What a massive fuckwit. In a party of massive fuckwits.

How is bringing Boris back going to bring stability when he's being investigated for misleading parliament? If that goes against him we'll be looking for a new leader again.

I'm starting a riot at Whittam Towers if Boris gets in again.

337How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 12:47

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
You're making the mistake of confusing "good thing for the country" with "good thing for the chances of the Tories hanging on to power" - which is all these idiots care about. They genuinely don't give a f*** about the country.

...and we're stuck with them for another 2 years.
You're completely wrong lusty, yet again I'm afraid. Its exactly because I do care for the country that I want the Torys to win the next election because letting Labour in would be a complete disaster. It's also why I would welcome the return of Boris, not because I like him or have forgotten what he's done, although I would argue on much of that with you but solely because for me he's the only one who has any chance of winnng again. Whatever you and your leftie mates on here protest, Boris is still the most popular politician in this country and the one who despite everything terrifies Captain Hindsight most.  cheers

338How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 13:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

339How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 14:45

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Through all the recent chaos Ben Wallace has seemed one of the only Tories to come out of it with any credibility. But now he's "leaning towards Boris". What a massive fuckwit. In a party of massive fuckwits.

How is bringing Boris back going to bring stability when he's being investigated for misleading parliament? If that goes against him we'll be looking for a new leader again.

I'm starting a riot at Whittam Towers if Boris gets in again.

I'll be with you in spirit, Nat. The guy whose decision-making is crucial  for the country's defence also backed Truss against Sunak for PM!! 

About time we began selecting people with the qualities required for UK  Secretaries of State! What relevant experience have any of them got?

340How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 17 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Oct 21 2022, 15:16

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

okocha wrote:
I'll be with you in spirit, Nat. The guy whose decision-making is crucial  for the country's defence also backed Truss against Sunak for PM!! 

About time we began selecting people with the qualities required for UK  Secretaries of State! What relevant experience have any of them got?
At last Oko, something we can agree on and what I’ve been maintaining for ages. This whole Parliament, all parties is a disgrace, the worst in my lifetime. Hardly any of these people have ever lived a “normal” life or experienced what the ordinary man or woman of the past did. Too young, too inexperienced and too lacking in morals or common sense. How many of them have had a real job. Most have come straight from either university, charities, internship or similar.

Nobody should be allowed anywhere near Parliament before they’re 40 and have held a properly recognised job, just as they used to. I mean look at the Labour Party today and compare their MPs to those of previous years who knew how real people lived. Now the likes of Sunak and Starmer like to try and kid you that they really came from modest backgrounds and really understand peoples lives and difficulties. Things need to change but I doubt they will sadly. Unfortunately becoming an MP is now seen as a career choice rather than a vocation and until that changes, nothing else will I’m afraid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum