Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 50]

681How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 12 2023, 19:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let’s say there’s 19 posts on each page and we have 34 pages that’s approx 646 different posts on this thread. If 10 people read all the posts every time one is posted, that’s 6460 topic views. Although there will be some bots it’s amazing how fast topic views can rack up.

Just my thoughts Smile

682How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 12 2023, 20:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Let’s say there’s 19 posts on each page and we have 34 pages that’s approx 646 different posts on this thread.  If 10 people read all the posts every time one is posted, that’s 6460 topic views.  Although there will be some bots it’s amazing how fast topic views can rack up.  

Just my thoughts Smile

???

The thing is though these are actually the current stats to this thread...

How is the Tory Government Doing? [ 1, 2, ... , 34, 35 ] by Sluffy 680 15889 Today at 7:57 pm by BoltonTillIDie View latest post

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/f8-wandering-minds

You weren't far out with the post count - 646 to 680 actual but how do you explain the difference between views - 6,460 to 15,889 actual?

That's 60% more than what seemed to be a reasonable guess from you.

Fwiw, I thought Bob was talking about the 'Administrator - striking down the £7.5m security of EDT and KA' thread of which these are the stats...

McGinlay, Kevin Davies and Bergsson urge Eddie Davies to act swiftly to stave off administration [ 1, 2, ... , 5, 6 ] by karlypants 107 3065 Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:53 pm by Ten Bobsworth View latest post

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/f21-bolton-wanderers-news

Again if we use your reasoning which seems to be as reasonable as any...

...there has been 107 posts so 10 real views per post, totals 1,070 with again 60% more views than would have been expected.

In fact Bob was talking about the Bolton Accounts for June 2021 (and 2022) which has these stats...

Bolton's Finances / Accounts for year ending 30th June 2021 and everything else since. [ 1, 2, ... , 20, 21 ] by Ten Bobsworth 409 12094 Today at 12:15 pm by Sluffy View latest post

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/f1-bolton-wanderers-banter

So 409 posts (for two sets of accounts - plus other stuff like share issues, etc) which is 3 times the Administrator 'strike off' thread (102 posts) - so seems somewhat on par to me at least, roughly 133 posts per each years accounts plus 133 for all the rest), then using your 'guesstimate of 10 real people per post would give 4,090 views instead of the 12,094 actual - again 60% (well nearer 66%) a tiny bit more than your rule of thumb!

Also just out of interest Bob posted this on 4th Sept.

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Over 11,000 views suggests there might be a bit of interest in th'accounts, Sluffy.

Since then there has been a further 23 posts on the thread and an increase in views from 11,000 to 12,094

Again using your formula - 23 posts at 10 views per post gives 230 views set against around about 1,000 more actual.

So are we really getting an average of about 25 genuine people per post (rather than just the 10 we were working to) reading about what I guess most people would find to be deadly boring stuff as to what the Administrator did three years ago?

Personally I very much doubt it, but if it pleases people then let us say we did and that the reality based on that is that we never got close to 1,000 people viewing the thread let alone 11,000 (now 12,000) that Bob would have wished for but we got say 50 or 60 people who have looked in on the thread from time to time with around 20 of them being regulars?

Everybody happy now?

683How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 09:22

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

WTF has all that got to do with the Tory government?? 🤔

Or is that their fault too?

684How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 09:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

???

Try following the threads on here, like the rest of us do and you'll understand.

Stay in your own bubble all the time - and you won't!

685How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 10:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You lot can't fool me. You've been googling 'gay, Jewish bullfighter' all morning.

686How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 11:02

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:You lot can't fool me. You've been googling 'gay, Jewish bullfighter' all morning.
Oh no we haven't. Its those beastly bots trying to sow confusion and division into the refined community of Nutland.

687How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 11:14

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:???

Try following the threads on here, like the rest of us do and you'll understand.

Yawn.

688How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 11:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:???

Yawn.

There are none so blind as those that will not see...

689How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 15:31

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

🥱🤓😳😑🫣

690How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 16:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

...apart from blind people.

There are none so blind as blind people. And rocks.

691How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 17:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Not so fast buster.

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Giphy

692How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

🥱🤓😳😑🫣

In case you haven't understood my point...

There are none so blind as those who will not see

Proverb

Understanding cannot be forced on someone who chooses to be ignorant.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/there_are_none_so_blind_as_those_who_will_not_see

Bonce has been trying to tell you too...

boltonbonce wrote:Maybe your 'facts' are different, 63.

Alternative facts - have been called many things: falsehoods, untruths, delusions. A fact is something that actually exists—what we would call “reality” or “truth.” An alternative is one of the choices in a set of given options; typically the options are opposites of each other. So to talk about alternative facts is to talk about the opposite of reality (which is delusion), or the opposite of truth (which is untruth).

And less subtly Norpig as well!

Norpig wrote:How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6nxhfj0u2f6r6qc3hxwgkgvnn14wwsevmuwicpvdt&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200  Laughing

693How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 18:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Can anyone tell me why this song always comes to mind when I read one of Lusty's posts...?

..dunno..

694How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 20:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obsession I think 🤓

695How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 13 2023, 20:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Obsession I think 🤓

Yes certainly obsession is involved, but not from me.

Why do you think Wanderlust made a special visit to return just to have another pop at me?

Yet again!

I just laugh at him.

Hence the joke I made.

Pity you fail to realise that.

696How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 14 2023, 09:44

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Why do you think Wanderlust made a special visit to return just to have another  pop at me?

Yet again!

I just laugh at him.

Hence the joke I made.

Chill out Sluffy, look at Bonce who tries to make every thread a bit of fun and really whatever we post about it is only for fun. We can’t change anything, we just comment on it and surely it’s good that we don’t all think the same and come on here to say so. I don’t take anyone’s posts personally, including yours as I accept some beliefs are tightly held. I have lots of problems with the world as it is today and where it’s going but I don’t have any problems with anybody on here or those who disagree with my views. Hey it’s a free world!! Well it used to be. 🙃

697How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 14 2023, 09:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Obsession I think 🤓

Agreed Cool

698How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 14 2023, 10:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Why do you think Wanderlust made a special visit to return just to have another  pop at me?

Yet again!

I just laugh at him.

Hence the joke I made.

Chill out Sluffy, look at Bonce who tries to make every thread a bit of fun and really whatever we post about it is only for fun. We can’t change anything, we just comment on it and surely it’s good that we don’t all think the same and come on here to say so. I don’t take anyone’s posts personally, including yours as I accept some beliefs are tightly held. I have lots of problems with the world as it is today and where it’s going but I don’t have any problems with anybody on here or those who disagree with my views. Hey it’s a free world!! Well it used to be. 🙃

I'm a bit confused by your post 63?

I do come on here for a bit of fun, I also do try in my way to attempt to help people when it is pretty clear they have been misinformed about something or other and I'm also not here to change the world - I obviously can't anyway.

I certainly don't come on here for aggravation but if it happens I've always been taught to give it back, to stand up for myself and not to be 'singled out' no matter how big the other guy is.

We all know there are all sorts of people in the world, some clearly have personal issues.

I don't believe you have (if that's what you think?), I simply believe your politics have led you down a road where the ideology and presentation to you of the 'facts' are (shall we say) misleading to say the least.

I've presented you with the widely held reality of some of these issues rather than the niche views your political followings have led you to.

Up to you of course what you believe but I've attempted to bring to your attention mainstream realism on issues such as man made global warming and the fallacy of trickle down economics (Truss-economics).

The remarks I made above were in respect of Wanderlust and I stand by them - he clearly went out of his way to have yet another dig at me and I again simply ridiculed him once again - he is a liar - we've all seen that by now - and that was the JOKE I made.

I'm not the one who has gone out of his way to post on here to have a go at me but apparently some seem to believe I'm the obsessive one for simply taking the piss out of him once more?

I'm therefore not sure what you are attempting to say to me in your post?

Is it to be chilled with Wanderlust - if so I am, he's clearly got issues with me and I just laugh at him?

I'm not the one chasing him around on another forum! (He's a regular on ww these days as well you know).

Or are you talking about yourself and the quote of mine isn't really relevant to what you were saying?

699How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 14 2023, 11:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
We're all different. I think 63 is bonkers. 63 thinks I'm bonkers. However, at the end of the day, I'm sure we'd both be able to discuss our levels of insanity over a pint or two.
Despite our differences, we're all Wanderers, and we can't even agree about them, so politics has no chance.
Abuse has its place. No one abuses me more than Nat on here, but she does it with such brutal style, wit and venom, that it's become a badge of honour.
Mind you, this pantomime horse thing is bit hurtful.
Still, we all need a laugh in these troubled times. silent

700How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 14 2023, 12:52

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
We're all different. I think 63 is bonkers. 63 thinks I'm bonkers. However, at the end of the day, I'm sure we'd both be able to discuss our levels of insanity over a pint or two.
Despite our differences, we're all Wanderers, and we can't even agree about them, so politics has no chance.
Abuse has its place. No one abuses me more than Nat on here, but she does it with such brutal style, wit and venom, that it's become a badge of honour.
Mind you, this pantomime horse thing is bit hurtful.
Still, we all need a laugh in these troubled times. silent
This 👍

Sluffy, let’s just agree to disagree on the likes and causes of climate change, or the failure of Liz Truss or any other matters on which we may differ. This forum is for views not for you to try and convince me of yours no matter how much you believe in them. 🤗

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum