Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 50]

781How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Oct 03 2023, 12:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
Excuse my ignorance bobs but what is Whites Beaconsfield? I’m assuming it’s to do with Wanderers but I’m not sure if its a holding company or something?

On the Tories, I was impressed by Liz Truss’s speech yesterday but I just can’t stand that awful Caroline Nokes. People like her being in the Tory party is exactly where it’s going wrong.
It does teeth whitening I think.

They do, they are also founded and owned by Sharon's sons.

The Brittan family live near High Wycombe and Whites Beaconsfield sponsors Wycombe Wanderers - or at least they were doing the last I heard.

FUN FACT

One of the Brittan's near neighbour is none other than Nick Luckock!

https://www.ukphonebook.com/telephone-directory/person-details/Nicholas-Luckock-Penn-High-Wycombe_._i2G1SDuYO6XmjZS76Ynz_gNkwl7Beaej_nD5GWoaFh_AjqRdT-IkPmhljk8mdXb_tW

782How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 13:48

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good news for me from Rishi that he has binned the HS2 leg from Brum to Manc. It was always a total waste of money in the first place but especially following Covid which has dramatically reduced train travel. Far better for me to spend the money upgrading travel within the North which people will actually use both road and rail. It will be interesting now to see what Labour will do about it and whether they will agree to match it. That could create another difference if not. Plenty to consider in his speech but altogether it sounds really promising if they actually deliver.

783How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 13:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl:

784How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 14:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
It does teeth whitening I think.
You think? Is that all you've learned from my patient explanations, Boncey?

Lady Bobsworth watched Penny Mordaunt on TV today. 'Stand up and fight', Ms M kept repeating. Lady B said she was surprised that Ms M hadn't come out wearing a hooded robe and boxing gloves.

I didn't see it myself. I hope she hasn't had her teeth done over. She had nice teeth last time I saw her.

785How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 15:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Good news for me from Rishi that he has binned the HS2 leg from Brum to Manc. It was always a total waste of money in the first place but especially following Covid which has dramatically reduced train travel. Far better for me to spend the money upgrading travel within the North which people will actually use both road and rail. It will be interesting now to see what Labour will do about it and whether they will agree to match it. That could create another difference if not. Plenty to consider in his speech but altogether it sounds really promising if they actually deliver.
 I'm on countdown to the next General Election when the Tories will quite rightly be thrown out of power and hopefully for a long time to come. Their swing to even further right wing than usual these last few months is sickening and depressing in equal measure.

Don't get me started on Suella Braverman, she makes Priti Patel look like Cinderella  Rolling Eyes

786How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 15:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are all cunts Norpig!

787How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are horrible, horrible people. No compassion, no thought for anyone but themselves.

788How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 16:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:They are horrible, horrible people. No compassion, no thought for anyone but themselves.

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6vxmbyauhjzchettayhoepfbblorstbchjztut14s&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

789How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 16:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You think? Is that all you've learned from my patient explanations, Boncey?

Lady Bobsworth watched Penny Mordaunt on TV today. 'Stand up and fight', Ms M kept repeating. Lady B said she was surprised that Ms M hadn't come out wearing a hooded robe and boxing gloves.

I didn't see it myself. I hope she hasn't had her teeth done over. She had nice teeth last time I saw her.
Sorry Bob. I disremember things.

790How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 16:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:They are horrible, horrible people. No compassion, no thought for anyone but themselves.

Do you mean like those Wandererswallys chappies that use nasty horrible words to describe cuddly Ken and his family?

791How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 16:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

792How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 17:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Utter shambles isn't it!

I know I'm a cracked record but politics is nothing to do what is best for the country it is all about getting power and keeping it for themselves.

Don't think for one second that the Labour Party is any different, they are simply the same coin but the opposite side to it - they are all about the things the 'right' don't like, Human Rights, unfettered immigration, spend, spend spend which means tax, tax, tax, to fund it, and stuff like woke-ism trans rights and cancel culture.

What any sane person wants is somewhere in the middle of the two extremes the world seems to be split into these days - look at the extreme 'right wing' Republican loons in America sacking their speaker yesterday - the worlds gone mad.

On balance Labour is less worse (by a wide margin) than the Conservatives this time around - a bit like Johnson was less worse than Corbyn was a few years back.

And it still doesn't mean that Labour will win outright and may have to do a deal with the SNP to form a government and SNP want their Independence Referendum!

What a shit place we've got ourselves into.

As they say - we get what we deserve.

793How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 17:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a bit like a football player who spends months on the injured list. The longer he's out, the better player he is in the minds of supporters desperate to get their team back on track.
Everything will be fine when this supposed genius is back in harness.
Labour are in a similar position. The main thing they have going for them is that they're not the Tories.
Thirteen years on the bench has, for many, left them looking like the new Messi.
I'm not so hopeful. I quit the party a few years ago, but I'll still be voting Labour, though only as the least worst option.
Starmer worries me. To quote Oscar Wilde, "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends".
Mind you, I'd rather listen to him than Truss, who emits sounds that can best be compared to someone trying to iron a cat.

794How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 18:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Truss, who emits sounds that can best be compared to someone trying to iron a cat.

Laughing

795How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 18:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned Patrick Vallance's diary evidence to the Covid inquiry yesterday...

Sir Patrick Vallance criticises Boris Johnson's 'impossible flip-flopping'

The government's former chief scientific adviser criticised Boris Johnson's "impossible flip-flopping" and "bipolar decision-making" in diary entries released to the Covid inquiry.

Sir Patrick Vallance also wrote of "chaos as usual" in Downing Street after a meeting on social-distancing.

The entries were read out at the start of stage two of the inquiry, which will examine the political decision-making.

Sir Patrick served as the government's chief scientific adviser from 2018 to 2023 and was a familiar face at the podium for Covid news conferences.

Extracts of daily diaries he wrote during the pandemic were read out by the inquiry's lead counsel, Hugo Keith KC, as part of his opening statement on Tuesday.

In one note Sir Patrick wrote: "Number 10 chaos as usual.

"On Friday, the two-metre rule meeting made it abundantly clear that no-one in Number 10 or the Cabinet Office had really read or taken time to understand the science advice on two metres. Quite extraordinary."

In other entries Sir Patrick described how he felt scientists were "used as human shields" by ministers.

On 19 September 2020, around the time a possible "circuit-breaker" lockdown was being discussed, he wrote: "[Johnson] is all over the place and so completely inconsistent. You can see why it was so difficult to get agreement to lock down first time."

Mr Keith also said WhatsApp exchanges between ministers and advisers in Downing Street painted a "depressing picture" of factional infighting and a "toxic atmosphere" during the pandemic.

He said messages showed "disharmony" between Number 10 and the DHSC, and contained repeated references to Mr Johnson's loss of confidence in former Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

"It appears to be the case that the prime minister and a number of officials and advisers held him in low regard," said Mr Keith.

"In particular, on account of his apparent tendency to get over-excited and then make stuff up."

Also for Wanderlust and other conspiracy nutjobs...

The Guardian also reported that Mr Johnson had been unable to access messages sent earlier than 7 June 2020 because of an unspecified technical issue.

The Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice group said the loss of these messages was a "remarkable and unfortunate coincidence" and called for experts to examine the phone to see if the messages could be recovered.

Mr Keith told the hearing that although it was right to say the inquiry had not received all the messages asked for, "we have a very good picture of what happened".

"There are unlikely to be any hidden corners which have escaped the inquiry's attention," he added.

Full article here -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66998218

796How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Truss, who emits sounds that can best be compared to someone trying to iron a cat.

Is that what happened to your cat Tiddles?

797How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 19:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

At least I've had a pussy. Razz

798How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 19:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

At least I've had a pussy. Razz

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6r7tyynm2uqqvwf9twcy9sc7leqz71d6ah1gdd87m&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

799How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 04 2023, 19:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

800How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 40 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 05 2023, 07:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunak reported to the police over his Queen Nicola joke. What is this world coming too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum