Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 50]

401How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:37 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Typical, chaotic incompetence:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63489901

402How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:21 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

The real reasons seem to be that the numbers arriving haven't been able to be dealt with because there are simply more of them than the staff to deal with them (plus the administration systems to deal with them simply aren't fit for purpose) causing a bottleneck with vastly increasing numbers more arriving than have ever arrived before.

It isn't planned as Wanderlust somehow seems to believe it is, it isn't inefficiency as such, it is just that the system (and staffing levels) simply aren't able to cope with the vast influx of new immigrants entering the country illegally.

In 2020 the system was struggling to deal with 10,000 cases per year - in just the last two years 70,000 illegal immigrants have arrived.

It's no wonder there are backups really is it?

Oh and prison ships...

Hahahaha!!!!

:rofl:

What's behind the Home Office migrant backlog?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63477371
Hilarious. You actually disagree with me and then prove my point?

I say that the government has failed to invest sufficiently in the immigration clearing system and you post an article which says..

* the speed cases have been dealt with has "dropped off a cliff"
* the Home Office abandoned it's target
* the government failed to recruit or retain enough staff
* the Home Office process "relied on unmanageable computer systems and massive spreadsheets: it could take each case worker up to 40 minutes just to carry out the simple task of booking an asylum seeker in for an interview"

- all entirely due to the government's incompetence, inefficiency and under-investment as I said.

And as for prison ships - given that according to the article YOU posted..

*the UK has no returns agreement with the EU - of the more than 17,000 potential returnees identified under that rule as of last June, only 21 had left our shores"

...what would you suggest? Shooting them?

Idiot.

403How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:38 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Hilarious. You actually disagree with me and then prove my point?

I say that the government has failed to invest sufficiently in the immigration clearing system and you post an article which says..

* the speed cases have been dealt with has "dropped off a cliff"
* the Home Office abandoned it's target
* the government failed to recruit or retain enough staff
* the Home Office process "relied on unmanageable computer systems and massive spreadsheets: it could take each case worker up to 40 minutes just to carry out the simple task of booking an asylum seeker in for an interview"

- all entirely due to the government's incompetence, inefficiency and under-investment as I said.

And as for prison ships - given that according to the article YOU posted..

*the UK has no returns agreement with the EU - of the more than 17,000 potential returnees identified under that rule as of last June, only 21 had left our shores"

...what would you suggest? Shooting them?

Idiot.

Do you have trouble understanding things, clearly you must do.

Sluffy wrote: It isn't planned as Wanderlust somehow seems to believe it is, it isn't inefficiency as such, it is just that the system (and staffing levels) simply aren't able to cope with the vast influx of new immigrants entering the country illegally.

The articles states that demand for processing asylum seekers has outstripped the capacity to do so by 700% in the last two years.

That means that not only do you need 700% more RECRUITED and TRAINED civil servants to process them, you need 700% more RECRUITED and TRAINED civil servants at the other end to answer the questions the processors of the illegal immigrants are seeking and from what the article is saying, a new computer system that is fully integrated with all the other relevant government computer systems existing in order to process them efficiently.

All this presumably within existing budgets.

Do you really think these things appear just by magic?

Apparently, you must do!

The article states the government has just recruited 1,000 more staff - this shows the huge scale of the demand needed to deal with the sudden and massive influx of illegals in the last two years.

Where do you think the money and extra staff (plus training) comes from - a money tree and a phone call to the local job centre or somewhere?

As for prison ships...

:rofl:

Ever thought why no country in the world uses prison ships?

Maybe because they don't work perhaps or had you never thought of that?

The illegals will of course be found suitable accommodation as quickly as possible - Ruanda perhaps!

:bomb:

(That's a joke btw before you go off on one again!).

404How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:10 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't we just pack it in please? This has gone on far, far too long now between you.

I'm sick and tired of reading through this shit and i'm sure everyone else is!

405How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:36 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Can't we just pack it in please? This has gone on far, far too long now between you.

I'm sick of it myself too.

I get no pleasure dealing with someone who has quite clearly got deep rooted personal issues that he needs help with but as long as he cares to relentlessly spew his bile on here, I will happily laugh at how pointless and stupid his prejudice and anger is.

As I've said many times now if he stops his ceaseless and clearly biased, prejudicial and very often factually incorrect diatribes then I will have nothing to respond to - so the ball is clearly in his court to stop all this.

But we all know by now he won't.

406How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:19 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Can't we just pack it in please? This has gone on far, far too long now between you.

I'm sick of it myself too.

I get no pleasure dealing with someone who has quite clearly got deep rooted personal issues that he needs help with but as long as he cares to relentlessly spew his bile on here, I will happily laugh at how pointless and stupid his prejudice and anger is.

As I've said many times now if he stops his ceaseless and clearly biased, prejudicial and very often factually incorrect diatribes then I will have nothing to respond to - so the ball is clearly in his court to stop all this.

But we all know by now he won't.

Just ignore each other!

407How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:29 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Just ignore each other!

I don't accept that fake news and prejudicial anger should be posted on this site - nor should any other moderator on here allow it to be either.

If other moderators aren't able to deal with it, then I will.

408How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:37 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I don't accept that fake news and prejudicial anger should be posted on this site - nor should any other moderator on here allow it to be either.

Don't you realise you are driving members away with this shit?

409How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:51 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Don't you realise you are driving members away with this shit?

Then I will put an end to it right now.

410How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:00 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is ridiculous!

411How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:25 pm

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
You can save your rhetoric for the idiots who live on a diet of propaganda and xenophobic cliches White because it's inaccurate and irrelevant.

Fact is that only 4% of the people arriving by small boat in 2021 have had a decision.

FOUR PERCENT! And that's last years arrivals -96% are still here! Plus this year's.

That's the problem in a nutshell White - inefficiency and incompetence - and the facts prove it. It's almost as if our government is intentionally holding them captive and is willing to pay through the nose to do it.

It's not fair on us and it's not fair on them so if you are concerned about the number of illegal immigrants on our shores complain to the government and stop voting Tory - the party that worsens the crisis.
Lusty, I don’t disagree about incompetence and inefficiency in dealing with the migrant numbers but it goes much deeper than that. The numbers coming has increased so quickly that it has not been possible to deal with them appropriately and I don’t believe it would have been any different under Labour, in fact possibly even worse given their seeming open arms approach to immigration. 

I’m hoping that the situation is now so serious that the government will finally take the hard decisions needed to stop this racket. All Albanians who set foot here should be immediately returned, they are not fleeing terror and can not legitimately be called refugees. Amend the ridiculous people trafficking legislation which is aiding them and if there is still a problem with that then we seriously do have to consider withdrawing from the ECHR. It’s not xenophobic to want to protect our borders just plain common sense because whilst you may be happy paying these peoples costs, I’m certainly not.

412How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:37 pm

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So now we’ve opened ourselves up to a potential trillion pound payment as reparations for consuming fossil fuels during the Industrial Revolution and by all accounts Sunak is even considering it? It’s not bad enough bankrupting the country on the crazy net zero mania but now we should pay the likes of Pakistan, who house the worlds largest number of terror groups and China who now produce more carbon dioxide than the U.K. has produced in total during the period since the IR. I always recognised our politicians were mad but they just keep producing it even more.

413How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:09 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In view of the Braverman and Williamson debacles we can now completely put to bed any ludicrous claims that the government is not riddled with cronyism and sleaze. 

Sunak's wish to be portrayed as a leader of integrity, intent on renouncing the ways of Johnson and his sycophants, has been blown out of the water. He has shown himself as sneakily corrupt and lacking in judgement as his predecessors.

I make no apology for reverting to politics:- this matters!

414How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:13 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He sent a few aggressive texts, absolutely ridiculous that it's stealing headlines from the future of our planet.

I'm all for cleaning up politics, but if people are going to be vilified for sending a few poorly chosen texts it's going to continue to push real issues down the page.

415How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:43 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:He sent a few aggressive texts, absolutely ridiculous that it's stealing headlines from the future of our planet.

I'm all for cleaning up politics, but if people are going to be vilified for sending a few poorly chosen texts it's going to continue to push real issues down the page.

The person representing our country at COP27 discussing "the future of our planet" was the man who appointed Williamson despite being warned beforehand about his appalling bullying, not just in text messages (which were not "poorly chosen" but deliberately vile!) but also in his face-to-face verbal confrontations that went way beyond what is acceptable.

416How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:00 pm

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pathetic performance by Sunak today at PMQ's. He took another absolute hammering. He was weak and seemed totally unprepared for the questions everyone knew Starmer was going to ask. His answers were feeble and yet again he got so desperate that he had to resort to the now irrelevant old Jeremy Corbyn shite. At one stage he was so busy checking his notes he had to be elbowed in the ribs by Raab to stand up and answer a Starmer question.

417How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Pathetic performance by Sunak today at PMQ's. He took another absolute hammering. He was weak and seemed totally unprepared for the questions everyone knew Starmer was going to ask. His answers were feeble and yet again he got so desperate that he had to resort to the now irrelevant old Jeremy Corbyn shite. At one stage he was so busy checking his notes he had to be elbowed in the ribs by Raab to stand up and answer a Starmer question.

Why does it matter?

418How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:05 am

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I messed this post up and don't know how to delete it so see below. Embarassed

Last edited by Hip Priest on Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

419How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:08 am

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Why does it matter?

It matters because this is the Tories last chance to turn things round before the next GE.

From the evidence of his first 3 weeks it just looks like more of the same old same old Conservative shit show.

Within a couple of months they'll all be falling out with each other as to whether they should dump him or not.

This in turn matters massively because so many areas of our society (NHS, Education, Social Care, Mental Health, Transport, Poverty, Homelessness, Civil Rights etc etc.) have been run down/mistreated/ignored/devastated by 12 years of this Tory government.

Even if it's only for 1 term of 4/5 years these areas desperately need a bit of attention and TLC which they certainly won't get with this shower.

Anyway, I thought you were sticking to posting on only Footie posts from now on.  Surprised

420How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:08 am

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can’t disagree with any of that HP, this government is a complete joke. This will be criticised but the only chance the Tory’s had of even challenging at the next election was by implementing the direction Liz Truss was trying, crack handedly, to take us. I fully accept her budget was too much too soon but she was actually attempting to put us back on a track to growth by implementing Conservative policies of smaller state, lower taxes, encouraging entrepreneurs, creating a bigger cake with which to improve our chronic public services. Sadly the liberal wing of the party who hadn’t voted for her, dragged her down with the help of the globalists and MSM. Basically she never stood a chance with all that against her and personally I’m disgusted with the party as it stands because it’s anything but Conservative, which is why I’ll probably be voting elsewhere at the next election. 

My hope is that Labour win but with either a minimal majority or without a majority at all requiring a coalition government who will demand a change to the first past the post system. I’m afraid both main parties are totally oblivious to the needs of the country and are just self obsessed career seekers. Most of them, especially on the Labour side, have never held a proper job outside or understand the public they profess to serve. I think we need new parties on both the centre right and centre left who listen to voters and implement the promises they make. Until that happens I’ll live in hope with the Tory’s but it looks like I’ll either be not voting at all or voting elsewhere next time.  

What a shame Lustys not here to hear that? 🤨

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum