Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 50]

421How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 10 2022, 12:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:It matters because this is the Tories last chance to turn things round before the next GE.

From the evidence of his first 3 weeks it just looks like more of the same old same old Conservative shit show.

Within a couple of months they'll all be falling out with each other as to whether they should dump him or not.

This in turn matters massively because so many areas of our society (NHS, Education, Social Care, Mental Health, Transport, Poverty, Homelessness, Civil Rights etc etc.) have been run down/mistreated/ignored/devastated by 12 years of this Tory government.

Even if it's only for 1 term of 4/5 years these areas desperately need a bit of attention and TLC which they certainly won't get with this shower.

Anyway, I thought you were sticking to posting on only Footie posts from now on.  Surprised

You missed my point - which was why does PMQs matter? It's just a pantomime where the opposition slag off the government, and the government dodge the questions. Whether the PM is good or bad at PMQs is meaningless.

422How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 10 2022, 16:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gobsmacked to read that you won't be voting Tory next time WS63. Perhaps it is time for proportional representation but can't see it happening personally. We know what a mess the last coalition was here and the Lib Dems are still recovering from it. We could end up like Italy having elections all the time and coalitions breaking up at the drop of a hat.

423How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 10 2022, 23:00

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Gobsmacked to read that you won't be voting Tory next time WS63. Perhaps it is time for proportional representation but can't see it happening personally. We know what a mess the last coalition was here and the Lib Dems are still recovering from it. We could end up like Italy having elections all the time and coalitions breaking up at the drop of a hat.
This isn’t a Conservative government Norpig and I’m sick of waiting for them to accept it. For all the criticism of Truss and Kwarteng, at least she was trying to bring the party back to nearer where they should be. For 12 years the government has been moving the party further left until it’s indistinguishable to Labour. If Sunaks projected direction of higher taxes is true along with his utterings at COP27 regarding climate change payments for Industrial revolution, then he’s a disgrace. I don’t consider Labour any better so it basically leaves me and an increasing number of others homeless. I don’t agree on the problems with proportional representation as it’s probably the only way we can ensure the electorates views are more closely followed.

424How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Nov 11 2022, 01:21

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You missed my point - which was why does PMQs matter? It's just a pantomime where the opposition slag off the government, and the government dodge the questions. Whether the PM is good or bad at PMQs is meaningless.

Yes, you are right that I missed your point Nat, and I do agree that PMQ's themselves are a complete and frustrating waste of time for the very reasons you mention. But what you can take from what isn't actually said, but is evident to everybody, is that Sunak's new start is struggling to get off the ground big time, and that's a massive relief and great news for a lot of people.

425How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Nov 11 2022, 14:15

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:

Yes, you are right that I missed your point Nat, and I do agree that PMQ's themselves are a complete and frustrating waste of time for the very reasons you mention. But what you can take from what isn't actually said, but is evident to everybody, is that Sunak's new start is struggling to get off the ground big time, and that's a massive relief and great news for a lot of people.
It’s a pretty poor state when the PM can’t look better than Captain Hindsight. I do agree about Sunak HP, although he’s more comfortable at the dispatch box that Truss was he’s still utterly useless. I’m afraid it pretty much sums up the poor state of Westminster generally because I honestly can’t think of one MP who has both the charisma, experience and intelligence to impress as PM. It’s not just the MPs themselves, it’s the nonsensical policies that they are all following that drives me mad.

Sadly it’s probably a reflection of the state of the country as it stands. The dropping of standards and dumming down of almost everything just really saddens me. Then I look abroad and don’t see any better there. What has happened to the statesmen and women of the past when we’re stuck with the likes of Biden, Trump, Trudeau and that silly woman in New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern? Is it really any wonder that the planets in danger with these morons running it and I haven’t even started on China, India and Russia!! ..dunno..

426How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Nov 11 2022, 23:42

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I totally agree with you there 63 mate.

427How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sun Nov 13 2022, 01:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Front page of tomorrows Observer - Truss's mini budget cost the country a staggering £30 billion, or to put it another way, half of the total amount that this Thursday's government financial statement is seeking to plug!

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 _127618632_guardian-nc

::seething2::

428How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 16 2022, 18:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

429How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 16 2022, 18:32

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Is this our new PM? The only part he got right was the end bit.  Laughing

430How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 16 2022, 19:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Is this our new PM? The only part he got right was the end bit.  Laughing
He knows about soup.

431How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sun Nov 27 2022, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know if anyone watched the borefest on BBC this morning, but it did highlight how absolutely useless the current crop of MPs are - both Labour and Tory.

To cut a long story short the government clearly have no idea to solve any of the current problems - strikes, inflation, the NHS, homes shortage etc - but equally Labour clearly have no idea how to solve them either.

Lisa Nandy: Labour will give all public sector workers a pay rise.
Interviewer: How much?
Lisa Nandy: Er, I can't say.
Interviewer: How would you solve the shortage of homes?
Lisa Nandy: Build more homes.
Interviewer: How many?
Lisa Nandy: Er, I can't say

Shameful from both parties, a bunch of talentless tosspots who couldn't give a shit about the UK so long as they're getting paid stupid money to do fuck all.

432How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 28 2022, 08:55

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't know if anyone watched the borefest on BBC this morning, but it did highlight how absolutely useless the current crop of MPs are - both Labour and Tory.

To cut a long story short the government clearly have no idea to solve any of the current problems - strikes, inflation, the NHS, homes shortage etc - but equally Labour clearly have no idea how to solve them either.

Lisa Nandy: Labour will give all public sector workers a pay rise.
Interviewer: How much?
Lisa Nandy: Er, I can't say.
Interviewer: How would you solve the shortage of homes?
Lisa Nandy: Build more homes.
Interviewer: How many?
Lisa Nandy: Er, I can't say

Shameful from both parties, a bunch of talentless tosspots who couldn't give a shit about the UK so long as they're getting paid stupid money to do fuck all.
Sadly true Nat. I’ve said for a long time now that I haven’t seen one politician of any party who has credibility. I also listened to Nandy, including on the Andrew Neil show and she couldn’t, or should I say wouldn’t, answer any question. Later I saw Bob Seely the MP for the Isle of Wight being quizzed about net zero and why there hadn’t been any public discussion on the subject, or at least a cost benefit analysis to prove it’s worth. His response was “we’re having that public discussion now.” 

Advised of the growing call for a referendum, his response was that we don’t govern by referendum. Silly me, I thought that MPs were elected to carry out the wishes of the people but since all parties are committed to net zero what choice do we have? It’s just another example of the disregard that MPs have for the public and why we need a change in voting system to elect people who more represent the views of the people that elected them. We may get that after the next election if Labour win only a small majority but the way the Tory’s are going they’ll have a landslide, Nandy and co or not?

433How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Dec 06 2022, 09:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angela Rayner on TV this morning talking about the rail strike.

Embarrassing.

"This is a militant government"
"They don't know what they're doing"
"They caused this situation"

Then she was asked what Labour consider a fair pay rise for rail workers.

"Er, er, er, I wouldn't like to put a figure on it at this point".

Absolutely fecking useless. Labour would be in a much stronger position if they actually committed to some fecking polices and gave actual facts and figures.

Evans out.

434How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Dec 06 2022, 14:07

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But they can’t Nat, because their response would be exactly the same as the governments and they know that. On the other hand it’s obviously not in their interest to declare what they’d do because their current perceived popularity would wane. At some point moving up to a GE they’ll have no option but to make their case and I suspect they’re banking on the fact that these strikes will be over by then taking the pressure off them. Time will tell but I’m sure when they do speak, we will find out that the publics frustration with the Tory’s doesn’t mean an automatic move to Labour. Much can happen before then. 🤔

435How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Dec 20 2022, 15:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just had an ambulance whizz past, sirens blaring, blue lights flashing. Didn't know whether to feel happy or sad.

Surely there can't be many people left who support/defend our ministers and their policies/attitudes on a whole raft of issues....The best we can do is hope for a much better new year, in which we are guided by greater compassion, integrity, wisdom and competence.

And of course, a more attacking, adventurous approach from the Wanderers, resulting in loads of victories, following the example of England's extraordinary cricketers.

Season's greetings to all faithful Trotters fans on here.....

436How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Jan 02 2023, 16:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think some of you will find this of interest!

Before you watch the video though, remember this is just one side of the story.

The people behind the video are political activists but that doesn't necessarily mean what they are saying is false or biased -

It does look bad though...

...really bad!

(And Whitesince63 voted Truss in as PM, and staunchly still supports these polices that Truss tried and spectacularly failed to put in to practice!).

Anyway enjoy getting incensed!

EDIT - fixed the tweet (as system update no longer supports the 'old' format).

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Feb 09 2023, 21:45; edited 1 time in total

437How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Jan 04 2023, 08:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The country's in disarray. The NHS is at crisis point. People are dying before they can be cared for in time. Social care and childcare are in a similar state. 

Our PM goes missing. His health secretary is not prepared to even negotiate and consider some compromise on pay.

The PM finally materialises to announce his master plan:- all school pupils must be taught maths until they are 18! This is his priority?? This will ensure a Tory resurgence amongst the electorate?? Instead, most people will surely conclude that ex-Winchester College boy has gone mad.

Quite apart from the total inappropriateness of his big idea, where does he intend to find enough maths teachers when droves of teachers are leaving the profession and are lined up to be the next profession to strike due to low pay and awful conditions?

I thought Truss was bonkers but this little man is even more deranged.

438How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Jan 04 2023, 09:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I thought Truss was bonkers but this little man is even more deranged.

Ridiculous comment. Truss crashed the economy in a matter of days, at least Sunak has calmed things down.

I accept the Tories have been absolutely useless and hope they get turfed out at the next election - but regardless of who is in charge, where is all this money going to come from for all these pay rises?

439How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Jan 04 2023, 09:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Ridiculous comment. Truss crashed the economy in a matter of days, at least Sunak has calmed things down.

I accept the Tories have been absolutely useless and hope they get turfed out at the next election - but regardless of who is in charge, where is all this money going to come from for all these pay rises?
Ridiculous comment, Nat. Irrelevant to what I was pointing out.

My post was about the absurdity of Sunak proritising the study of Maths for all pupils up to the age of 18 when there are far more pressing needs nation-wide for Sunak and his government to attend to.

440How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Jan 04 2023, 16:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Son is currently raging at Sunak as he hates Maths and doesn't want to do it till he's 18  Very Happy

Sunak's time in office will be judged on how he sorts out the NHS crisis and the various strikes but he doesn't fill me with much confidence to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum