Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Leicester

+23
Numpty 28723
xmiles
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Angry Dad
inf
Bolton Nuts
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Sgt. Bash
jayjay23
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
wanderlust
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton with Davies upfront is Michelle, Bolton with Petrov on the left and Davies off the pitch is Cathy.

Dougie chose Michelle. Why would a sane person do that?

122Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Here's a thought, let's try and score a few goals.

Had it not been for the debonair, dashing Dane, we would have done.

Isn't Bogdan Hungarian?

123Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Isn't Bogdan Hungarian?

He is....

124Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think some people are missing the point here. I wasn't at the game last night but did join in the chat. So I didn't watch live but I do know what our players are capable of and have a good idea of their limitations - which is presumably what DF has been finding out this week.

I thought everyone could see from the way the team was set up what the game plan was - at best a one goal home win was the target, but priority #1 was a clean sheet. To get it we rode our luck big time and had no out ball when required. Even so I said from the beginning of the game that there was no way Leicester would score.

Freedman has been at the club for days and it's only natural that the first problem to address is the obvious which through a mixture of selection, system and luck he has managed to do - in the Megson style.

Like most others I was hoping that he would follow the pattern of the Cardiff game and give Marvin a run out as striker but he clearly felt that Leicester were too strong to risk it or he had a point to prove. And I suppose we had (a few) chances to score. If we'd put one away and then continued to defend for a clean sheet, he would be a tactical genius. But we didn't.

Still he achieved his primary target i.e. we didn't concede for once.

Hopefully he'll now start to build on that and get to the real issue we face i.e. how do we get an attacking threat whilst fielding a six man defence?

I don't like the way Freedman went about that game - it was like the return of Megson - but I understand why he did it given the way we leaked goals. I'm not ready to write him off as Megson 2 just yet though. I want to see how he reinvents our attack whilst defending with Pratley in the Muamba role and Andrews doing his (dubious) impression of a holding mid. That's going to be some achievement if he can get it right.

125Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I think some people are missing the point here. I wasn't at the game last night but did join in the chat. So I didn't watch live but I do know what our players are capable of and have a good idea of their limitations - which is presumably what DF has been finding out this week.

I thought everyone could see from the way the team was set up what the game plan was - at best a one goal home win was the target, but priority #1 was a clean sheet. To get it we rode our luck big time and had no out ball when required. Even so I said from the beginning of the game that there was no way Leicester would score.

Freedman has been at the club for days and it's only natural that the first problem to address is the obvious which through a mixture of selection, system and luck he has managed to do - in the Megson style.

Like most others I was hoping that he would follow the pattern of the Cardiff game and give Marvin a run out as striker but he clearly felt that Leicester were too strong to risk it or he had a point to prove. And I suppose we had (a few) chances to score. If we'd put one away and then continued to defend for a clean sheet, he would be a tactical genius. But we didn't.

Hopefully he'll now start to build on that and get to the real issue we face i.e. how do we get an attacking threat whilst fielding a six man defence?

I don't like the way Freedman went about that game - it was like the return of Megson - but I understand why he did it given the way we leaked goals. I'm not ready to write him off as Megson 2 just yet though. I want to see how he reinvents our attack whilst defending with Pratley in the Muamba role and Andrews doing his (dubious) impression of a holding mid. That's going to be some achievement if he can get it right.

Good read and balanced, unlike some I could mention NW!

126Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

71, thats harsh. You know most of us are unbalanced ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

127Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:71, thats harsh. You know most of us are unbalanced ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Myself included - almost certified me, you know!!!Wink[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

128Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 18:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are what we are. Same applies to the squad - can't support Bolton but want to watch Barca. It's like having a woman that loves you but wants to change you in some way - doesn't work.

129Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 18:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

WL, you had better speak to Quent, he seems to have it back to front, and I'm not talking about his gay wife Very Happy:D:D

130Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 20:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

wanderlust wrote:I think some people are missing the point here. I wasn't at the game last night but did join in the chat. So I didn't watch live but I do know what our players are capable of and have a good idea of their limitations - which is presumably what DF has been finding out this week.

Excellent post, I know I was a bit too negative in my comments earlier but I agree with this. Every fan I heard on the GMR phone in a couple of weeks back were screaming at him for a clean sheet so fair play to him he has achieved it in his 2nd game.

Ok it wasn't pretty to watch but considering we haven't had a 0-0 at the reebok since.......well i'm sure someone will know but it's been a bloody long time, then I can accept it.

Some are mentioning megson but I think we may find him to be nothing like that once he sorts us out at the back.

131Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 21:09

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Excellent post, I know I was a bit too negative in my comments earlier but I agree with this. Every fan I heard on the GMR phone in a couple of weeks back were screaming at him for a clean sheet so fair play to him he has achieved it in his 2nd game.

Ok it wasn't pretty to watch but considering we haven't had a 0-0 at the reebok since.......well i'm sure someone will know but it's been a bloody long time, then I can accept it.

Some are mentioning megson but I think we may find him to be nothing like that once he sorts us out at the back.

IMO, radical without being over ostentatiously demure. On the whole quite a not too bad post.Therefore worthy of 7/10

132Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Wed Nov 07 2012, 22:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hmm, for some reason I thought the last time we kept a clean sheet was years ago...In fact it was just this season (21/08/2012 2-0 winners against Derby)

Before that it was 18/02/2012 (Beating Millwall in the FA Cup), then prior to that was a 0-0 draw with Arsenal (01/02/2012)

133Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 01:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What beats me is blokes on here calling the likes of Cardiff & Leicester "top sides"

6 months ago we would have been counting games like this as easy 3 pointers. Now it's a good 0-0

I will remind the daft that we are a so-called Prem outfit with the best squad in the division.

Imagine what Utd or Spurs would do to these so-called top sides ....if they go up.

Something is wrong with the perspective of all this ......but as OC told me ...I know nowt about football.

134Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 06:53

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've just though...when was the last time we drew 0-0 in a league game before this? I cant think

135Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 07:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last 0-0 scoreline in a league match was 1st February 2012, against Arsenal!

PS I had to look it up as I wasn't too sure!!!

Last edited by bwfc71 on Thu Nov 08 2012, 07:35; edited 1 time in total

136Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 07:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And our last clean sheet was against Derby on 21st August 2012!

137Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 08:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:What beats me is blokes on here calling the likes of Cardiff & Leicester "top sides"

6 months ago we would have been counting games like this as easy 3 pointers. Now it's a good 0-0

I will remind the daft that we are a so-called Prem outfit with the best squad in the division.

Imagine what Utd or Spurs would do to these so-called top sides ....if they go up.

Something is wrong with the perspective of all this ......but as OC told me ...I know nowt about football.

We aren't a prem outfit and we don't have the best squad in the division.You have to be pretty naive to believe that media crap.

You need to differentiate between "daft" and realistic.

138Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:I've just though...when was the last time we drew 0-0 in a league game before this? I cant think

If you looked at the post just 2 up from yours it had this info on it

139Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Isn't Bogdan Hungarian?

He is....

But Kaspar isn't.

140Bolton 0-0 Leicester - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Leicester Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:51

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shocked
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:I've just though...when was the last time we drew 0-0 in a league game before this? I cant think

If you looked at the post just 2 up from yours it had this info on it

Oops sorry. I need to pay attention :facepalm:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum