Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peterborough 5-4 Bolton

+22
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
Bolton Nuts
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
Sgt. Bash
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If ever there was a day for a manager to come out and be perfectly blunt, today was that day.

"we were shit, the players a disgrace, there will be changes for the next game".

Simple. The fans know the manager is hurting like we are and it's clear to the players that they have to improve.

Instead we get a load of bullshit that suggests we were in the game and did ok.

Fuck off Freedman you Coyle wannabee.

142Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:28

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The results under Freedman against bog-standard teams, are not good in fact awful.

This guy is so like Coyle. Is it a Scottish thing? He is determined to stamp his authority even though it's clearly failing. It's as though he's saying 'I'm the boss, and I'll do it my way'.

Peterborough put five past us today. This cannot be put down to a 'one off' it's been coming all season.

How will the manager react and what will he do in January to put it right?

Judging by his team selections and tactics thus far, I can only assume he will balls it up.

143Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sorry Dougie i've had patience with you since you took over but to come out and take positives from that game today is a fucking disgrace, you should be bollocking these piss poor exuse of football players not saying ''oh well we give it a go''

They could and should have burried us before half time let alone full time and to be fair they were no better at defending but their defenders put their bodies on the line on a few occassions from what I heard on the radio, unlike zat knight and the rest of the back 4 merry men.

I know he has been dealt a poor set of cards in terms of quality but to say good things about the players today is not good enough! Fuck off Dougie!

144Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fuck me there are some moaning twats on here, Freedman has been here 2 minutes, and the knives are out, ok a battering from a team that has struggled for goals all season doesnt bode well, but all teams have at least 1 performance per season this was probably theirs, by that I mean where everything goes their way, on another day it could have been us absolutely tonking them, so lets give Dougie at least 2 windows before we start handing out the pitch forks, and lets not forget all the shit that needed sorting out from Coyles mis_management, Rome wasnt built in a day, as we will not.

We will not go up this season that is a given, but next season I feel will be an entirely different scenario, only then can we judge Dougies managerial credentials.

145Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sat Dec 22 2012, 20:00

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We could be doing better, but we also could be doing a whole lot worse, imaging if we had employed Henning Berg.. jesus.

So far im not overwhelmed by Dougie, however he did create a very impressive Palace team, which he took from the bottom to the top. Im ok with his team selections and his substitutions usually make an impact (slagged off Afobe when he came on today.. then he got a penalty and a goal). I think we have marginally improved since hes come, and certain individuals seem to have improved a lot.

Far far from perfect, or even good, but I think January will tell us a lot, and I think he will make a couple of good signings in it. We might not have much money for January, but I bet we still have more than Palace did at most times.

146Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sat Dec 22 2012, 23:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I still maintain its not the manager, its the team. They have shown with two different managers that thay cannot deliver the basics, never mind take control of a game and put teams to the sword. I would say that they are, at best, a poor Championship team, but more like a 1st division team just now. You can rearrange the deckchairs as much as you like, it doesn't stop the bloody ship sinking. Change the crew !

147Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 03:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Out all day today .....just got in to see the result. lol!

Read through the posts and match reports. I had us down for a loss but sounds like it could have been 5-0 at half-time. It's worse than I thought.

I predicted we were relagation candidates before the season started and now I'm sure of it.

Furthermore I can't see where the fix is to come from ..... some want to switch full backs around ....maybe only play SKD every other game ....laughable really.

Doogie does not seem to know what a footballer looks like any better than OC....

Survival in the Champs is the best we can hope for..... I don't trust Doogie and we have him for at least 3 three years. Sorry it's all doom & gloom but I see nothing positive ahead.

148Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 04:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terenceanne, you are a twat.

149Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from the result it was a bloody entertaining game of football. Posh could have been 5-0 up at half time. The pitch was heavily waterlogged but both teams had to cope with the same conditions.

Being 2-0 so early on wasn't the start we had hoped for but Andrews penalty just before half time gave us hope for the second half.

Going 3-1 down at the start of the second half was a body blow. Chungy was pretty ineffective and because the same team came out for the second half it was obvious that substitutions would be needed.

Bringing Lee off and introducing Petrov, Afobe and Sordell certainly gave us a lift. Petrov nearly scored straight away after cutting inside and hitting a howler. It looked a certain goal but the keeper got his fingers to it and turned it onto the bar.

We were playing 4-3-3 with SKD laying off the ball for Afobe and Sordell. It was a gamble that nearly paid off with Afobe and Petrov both scoring. Petrov's was a bloody beauty, a real howitzer.

Posh were hanging on towards the end but 5 goals proved too many to claw back. From a neutral point of view it was a belter of a game.

Another good turn out from the Wanderers fans who cheered the team throughout the game. One or two spoiled it at the end by booing. I guess if you score 4 goals away you expect to win.

Our midfield was a bit sluggish today and Eagles wasn't on his best form. The pitch didn't help matters because it was hard to judge a pass. Zat Knight hoofed one ball right over the home stand and out of the ground.

SKD was rock solid, winning most of the balls in the air and playing his usual warhorse role. It was suggested that Ngog was injured in training hence the reason he wasn't on the bench.

A great day out and a really enjoyable game. Just a pity about the end result.

150Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:19

I'm still laughing.

151Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well done RT, a balanced view, and pointing something out that we sometimes forget. We go to the match to be entertained. OK, so we lost this one, but there's always the next. If we all have this doom and gloom attitude all the time, the players will never pull out of a nosedive into the next division.

152Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:

Doogie does not seem to know what a footballer looks like any better than OC....

Think Zaha would argue that point with you...

153Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 13:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anybody try a pint in that barge called Charters ? It had a Thai restaurant on the first floor and a real ale pub on the floor below. A good mix of Posh and Wanderers fans and the food was good as well.. Burger, chips and salad £5.90. Crispy Duck wraps, Chicken wraps etc etc.

It was built in Holland and was used as a working barge until 1991 when it was converted into a restaurant and pub.

154Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 15:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Can I have a review of Sordell's performance in more than four words please?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

155Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 15:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He came on as a sub in the second half together with Afobe. He and Afobe operated either side of SKD in a 3 man striker formation. Dougie was obviously going for broke and it nearly paid off. He did his share of running and wasn't afraid to get stuck in or track back. He came on after 50 minutes and was given a player rating of 6. With more game time I think he is worth persevering with. It's difficult to judge someone after 40 minutes especially as the pitch wasn't conducive to fast play as large parts of it were waterlogged.

156Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 17:46

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ah, thanks. I've had the impression that he wants to play if given the opportunity, usually. Good on the lad.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

157Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 22:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot of people are miffed that we lost the game despite scoring four goals.

Three of the four goals came when we were chasing the game. We had one shot in the first half. I don't deny Knight and Bogdan are bollocks but the scoreline papers over the cracks in terms of the attacking threat (or lack of) Dougie's Plan A poses. The Charlton performance was among some of the worst this season until Ngog came on, yet he stuck with the same starting eleven, which I find worrying - arguably Coyle's biggest flaw was a continuous failure to deviate from a blatantly flawed lineup.

rammywhite wrote:It 's not just the defence,although they have a lot to answer for- defence starts in midfield.

is a valid point. The lack of ingenuity in front of the back line is ultimately resulting in it being too often exposed. Spearing and Andrews don't pick out useful forward passes or make inspiring attacking runs, Butterfield hasn't shown great quality in any department, Kevin Davies is slow, forever back-to-goal, and cannot turn, and Eagles is hot and cold but a soft touch at the best of times. These limitations essentially have us constantly on the back foot.

158Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Sun Dec 23 2012, 23:29

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We have weaknesses in every part of our team, Defense, Midfield and Forward.

In January I think we need two defenders, CB (we can't wait for Wheater) and RB (self explanatory) and another striker as priority though. We basically need a striker to replace Sordell, since hes becoming somewhat of a non figure at the club meaning we only have two strikers of any worth, N'gog and SKD and they are both very capable at having off games, and neither are the prolific goal scorer which Sordell was meant to be.

159Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Mon Dec 24 2012, 01:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Terenceanne, you are a twat.

Obviously wrong again as a twat is useful but you and our staring 11 are not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum