Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peterborough 5-4 Bolton

+22
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
Bolton Nuts
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
Sgt. Bash
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bald guy is a twat, but I can't get away from the football and I love to follow the progress/demise of loads of clubs. There is nothing better on the box if you have an interest in the lower leagues and emergent players.

42Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 12:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lofty_Love wrote:
wanderlust wrote:FLS is great and I've always been a fan. OK it focusses on the goals but there are shedloads of them and you get a glimpse at lower league talent. Prefer it to MOTD, but have always watched both.

They have about 15-20 mins analysis for 2 games (which they pre chose before kick off so they could be crap) and then about 30 seconds for everyone else. And that unfunny bald guy does some stupid report which wastes another 10 mins when they could be showing football! - in the last show it took 15 mins for the second game to be shown..

I don't mind the FLS, it was never going to be a great show IMO but the one I hate is MOTD 2, they drag it out too much with all the crappy build up to the matches they are going to have on.

Most of the time their are 2/3 games on a sunday but they manage to drag it out for much longer with the build up.

43Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 13:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I also hate motd2, it's so cringey and that Irish guy does my nut in

44Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:21

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lofty_Love wrote:They have about 15-20 mins analysis for 2 games (which they pre chose before kick off so they could be crap)

That's the worst thing about it for me! They could end up featuring two 0-0 draws and having to give seven or eight goal thrillers minimal highlights.

45Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Bald guy is a twat

You have anger issues, the guy is harmless.

46Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Both MOTD & MOTD2 use lengthy "analysis" sections to either point out the bleedin' obvious or selectively reinforce stereotypes and it is very rare indeed that the pundits reveal anything in the slightest bit enlightening to anyone who knows anything about footie. If their "football for dummies" approach isn't annoying enough, the editing really gets my goat, especially if I've been to a match which is later broadcast or watched a game earlier in the day. I think they decide what points they want to make before they do the editing and cut it to suit and I find this frustrating when I disagree with the key moments they select - which is fairly frequently.

Whilst FSL doesn't necessarily fare any better on this score, I do think that a lot of the crap is cut and the action to bullshit ratio is higher - which you'd expect as far more games are covered.

47Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

That's the worst thing about it for me! They could end up featuring two 0-0 draws and having to give seven or eight goal thrillers minimal highlights.

You really are a bellend Boon, this is the Championship. No one gives a shite unless their club is in it. Do you really expect the BBC to send a full camera team and commentator to every Championship game?

Idiot.

48Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Both MOTD & MOTD2 use lengthy "analysis" sections to either point out the bleedin' obvious or selectively reinforce stereotypes and it is very rare indeed that the pundits reveal anything in the slightest bit enlightening to anyone who knows anything about footie.

And yet you slag the "bald guy" who actually goes behind the scenes at these clubs and gives you an insight into what goes on.

49Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Bald guy is a twat

You have anger issues, the guy is harmless.

Relax. I'm not angry because he's a twat, nor am I personalising it - he may actually be a sound bloke "in real life". But on the box he is irritating, perhaps because of the role he's been given, perhaps because of his useless script writers or perhaps because I would rather be watching some football when watching a football programme.

I don't really do angry. I'm quite cold and calculating "in real life".

50Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Both MOTD & MOTD2 use lengthy "analysis" sections to either point out the bleedin' obvious or selectively reinforce stereotypes and it is very rare indeed that the pundits reveal anything in the slightest bit enlightening to anyone who knows anything about footie.

And yet you slag the "bald guy" who actually goes behind the scenes at these clubs and gives you an insight into what goes on.

Erm...no he doesn't. He plays a role. The players and Managers play a role. And they all pretend that something completely different goes on. Clubs have images to sell.

51Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Erm...no he doesn't. He plays a role. The players and Managers play a role. And they all pretend that something completely different goes on. Clubs have images to sell.

Ha ha, so it's a conspiracy to stop you seeing the real Championship?

52Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:34

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

You really are a bellend Boon, this is the Championship. No one gives a shite unless their club is in it. Do you really expect the BBC to send a full camera team and commentator to every Championship game?

Idiot.

You're a guy pretending to be a girl on an internet forum. Like anyone gives a stuff what you think anyway! Rolling Eyes

53Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are sooooooooooo cute!

I don't expect to get a genuine insight into the "real Championship" from a scripted TV show so there's nothing to have a conspiracy about. If we can for the sake of argument discount match-fixing, the closest I'll ever get to understanding it is by watching the games.

54Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 14:52

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can anyone point me to the Peterborough V Bolton thread? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

55Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's over here.

Score draw - get in on your pools coupon.

56Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:29

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Idiot.

There are cameras at every Championship match.. hence the highlights of every Championship match. The commentary can be added later.. like it is for almost all the Championship match highlights, and every match lower than the Championship.

Idiot.

57Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

There are cameras at every Championship match.. hence the highlights of every Championship match. The commentary can be added later.. like it is for almost all the Championship match highlights, and every match lower than the Championship.

Idiot.

Note the word "full" in my original post. They send several cameras to a featured match.

Idiot.

58Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

You're a guy pretending to be a girl on an internet forum.

Original Rolling Eyes

59Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:36

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Note the word "full" in my original post. They send several cameras to a featured match.

Idiot.

So you would rather watch the highlights of a 0-0 because of a nice sweeping camera angle or super slow motion than a 4-3 with regular cameras? If you would.. your an idiot Very Happy

You should work for ITV, they love unnecessary slow motion shots.

60Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:38

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've got a few things I'd like to say about that bald guy. I can't though because I know how he likes to threaten people with legal action if they say certain things. ITKFact.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum