Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peterborough 5-4 Bolton

+22
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
Bolton Nuts
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
Sgt. Bash
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I've got a few things I'd like to say about that bald guy. I can't though because I know how he likes to threaten people with legal action if they say certain things. ITKFact.

Like "he's a twat" for example? I wish I'd known the twat was litigious before I called the twat a twat then.

62Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 15:56

This is a couple of years old but does sum up the FLS very well. Taken from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Football League Show was created by evil genius Matt Smith as part of his masterplan to make himself appear a quite good sports presenter. Realising that not even Garth Crooks would be awful enough for post-midnight banal analysis, Smith recruited much-travelled vagrant Steve Claridge as his secret weapon.

Claridge was given a brief to watch as little of the week's action as was humanly possible but to also simultaneously proffer an opinion on every single match that had taken place. Working alongside smooth criminal Jimi Mistry, Claridge consistently talked such colossal bollocks that even seasoned football fans switched over to watch The Bridges of Madison County on ITV. After angry crowds turned up at the BBC's White City studios demanding Claridge's immediate removal from the screen, Smith was forced to recruit Leroy from Fame as a temporary replacement and Claridge was sent on a scouting mission to a betting shop in Tirana.

After Richard Keys and Andy Gray were caught masturbating over a pirated version of The Manageress Uncut, Smith appointed a female member to the team. Lizzie Bird had previously worked for the BBC as Barry Took's stunt double on Points of View, and therefore had vast experience at reading out pointless e-mails in a series of varying intonations. Her section of the show, entitled Token Bird, consists of her awarding a book token to the most vacuous pile of dross sent in to the show. The type of person who sends in a readable message are those who aren't drunk enough to text saying 'show us your clunge.' It is also believed that there are a bunch of minyans who sit behind Lizzie working out what a Doncaster fan would say after having seen his team win. Claridge was originally posted for this job but the BBC realised he was as dumb as fuck. Claridge has won the book token on forty-nine separate occasions (up to February 14th 2011) but because he can't read, the tokens have been converted into used betting slips.

The final piece of the jigsaw saw Smith hire former mental patient Baldy Nutter as a roving reporter with a brief to wind up managers, patronise the simple-minded fans who watch league football, and send ratings plummeting even further. Nutter has visited all 432 League grounds since the programme's inception, and has been banned from 431 of them.

The show's theme music is 'Match of the Day's Over, Fuck You Football League Retards' and was recorded by the anarchist punk group Felch My Hole.

63Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

64Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cruel but fair. I'd forgotten how appallingly irrelevant that woman's contribution was - although yet again the script writers should take full responsibility.

Hopefully they'll take the "less is more" approach to it's natural conclusion and just show the games.

65Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has the worst kind of receeding hairline, poor guy.

66Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:43

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

You're a guy pretending to be a girl on an internet forum.

Original Rolling Eyes

Unlike your act Rolling Eyes

67Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

Unlike your act Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing more people are in my fanclub than yours.

68Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:56

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

comparing fanclubs is strictly against forum rules. I am sure the mods will step in.

69Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 16:57

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Why would I want to have an Internet fanclub!? I'm happy for you to be the Internet celeb with the tired act. I'm just here to post the occasional opinion and have a laugh. To be fair though, your act was funny for about 30 seconds... But do carry on, I'm sure as you said, some people will enjoy it.

Can we get back to Peterboro' v Bolton (or at least the FL show) now?

70Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 17:05

LOL Boon being given the run around by a manbint.

71Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 17:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He has the worst kind of receeding hairline, poor guy.

I wish I was as hirsute as Claridge in the bonce department. Boggers, beggars can't be choosers.

72Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 17:13

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton Hater wrote:LOL Boon being given the run around by a manbint.

Natasha is still 100 times more original and funny than you. Stick to eating chicken and planning for life in League 1.

73Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 17:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:He has the worst kind of receeding hairline, poor guy.

I wish I was as hirsute as Claridge in the bonce department. Boggers, beggars can't be choosers.

I'd rather be completely bald, I don't mean to sound like a cunt.

74Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 20:57

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Back to the topic... A stat:

The last time we played Peterborough United was April 16th 1994 in a first division match that finished 3-2 to the Wanderers at London Road!

75Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 21:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton have only ever played Peterborough 7 times - 5 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw!

76Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 21:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lt. Boon wrote:Back to the topic... A stat:

The last time we played Peterborough United was April 16th 1994 in a first division match that finished 3-2 to the Wanderers at London Road!

Andy Walker scored two, the other was an own goal.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bolton have only ever played Peterborough 7 times - 5 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw!

Sam Allardyce scored in the first game we ever played against the Posh, a League Cup third round match at Burnden on the 25th October, 1977, Greaves and Whatmore getting the other goals in a 3-1 victory.

77Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 21:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never been to Peterborough before so I am quite looking forward to visiting a ' proper ' old fashioned ground. I read somewhere that their capacity is only 17,000 so I can't see Wanderers being allocated more than 1200 tickets.

78Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 21:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coaches leave the Reebok at 9.30am for the trip and it's £20 return. I have a couple of under 16 tickets going spare ( valued at £12 each ) Seeing as its Christmas if anyone wants to go to the game and you are 16 or under you can have the tickets as a Christmas gift and just pay for your travel.

If anyone is interested send me a PM.

79Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 21:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very kind of you RT - Hopefully some lucky person will take you up on your offer!

80Peterborough 5-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Peterborough 5-4 Bolton Tue Dec 18 2012, 21:58

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have never been to Peterborough before so I am quite looking forward to visiting a ' proper ' old fashioned ground. I read somewhere that their capacity is only 17,000 so I can't see Wanderers being allocated more than 1200 tickets.
Peterborough's capacity is 14,640.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum