Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Labour leader

+10
Hipster_Nebula
sunlight
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
xmiles
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

81Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 10:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:I hope they keep the main policies - nationalise rail and energy and properly fund public services. That’s what I voted for. Am I not entitled to want that?
Of course you are entitled to want that, in fact as well as the rail and energy enterprises, I would also add buses. i would prefer them to be run on a business basis, but without as much profit generated as there is now, which would not only pay for the service, but also allow a little profit that could be plowed back into developing the business.

Glad you agree, got to say I am now even more confused you’d vote Tory - a party who are completely opposed to such a policy.

Both yourself and Cajun seem pretty smug about the Tory victory, and if your only criteria of success is to leave the EU no matter the damage to the economy then I can see why.

Whether that will be enough for the millions of other Tory voters who have been sold dreams of a positive Brexit that will transform the average man’s fortunes is a different matter.

Boris has a huge amount to deliver, a lot of which is out of his control now.
Some of my preference for the Tories is that they will push ahead with what they have promised, (where they can), but I get the distinct impression with the Labour Party that they are too busy jockeying for postions within the party(not just now, but always), and fighting influences from non-elected bodies such as the unions and momentum, etc. 
I genuinely believe their own so called 'working class' is rather more politically savvy than they are aware, and expectations are a lot higher. Hence their downfall recently with such poor and outdated attitudes.
Although Sir Keir Starmer is possibly one of the better ones from a bad bunch, he's still got the personality of a wet lettuce, I quite like Lisa Nandy, although she's more of a thinker than an orator.

82Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 10:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
I neither like nor trust Cummings, and though he successfully steered Brexit through a minefield I'll be happy to see him go.
Do you really think that the strategist behind Brexit and the election victory would plan his own demise?
He'll go if and when he's ready.
I believe Boris is, and can be, as ruthless as anyone when the situation calls for it, and Cummings isn't immune to that.

83Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 11:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That's the trouble, Glos.....Boris is all ruthlessness and hard-heartedness and no compassion.

84Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 11:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:That's the trouble, Glos.....Boris is all ruthlessness and hard-heartedness and no compassion.
I genuinely believe that once we are clear of the recent upheavals, things will settle down, for the better. I also think that we need him and his directness at this time. We will all be affected in one form or another. 
Makes me think of a saying I heard years ago that the measure of how good a society is, can be determined by how well they look after their sick, old, and dependents. This country still has a way to go, and it will take time to manage the many changes society is going through.

85Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 12:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
okocha wrote:That's the trouble, Glos.....Boris is all ruthlessness and hard-heartedness and no compassion.
I genuinely believe that once we are clear of the recent upheavals, things will settle down, for the better. I also think that we need him and his directness at this time. We will all be affected in one form or another. 
Makes me think of a saying I heard years ago that the measure of how good a society is, can be determined by how well they look after their sick, old, and dependents. This country still has a way to go, and it will take time to manage the many changes society is going through.

This post illustrates why I struggle to understand you at times glos.

Do you really think that Boris, a man who has zero interest in anything or anybody but himself, and the Tories who are only motivated by greed and self interest are seriously going to improve the lot of the ill or disadvantaged?

86Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 15:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
I neither like nor trust Cummings, and though he successfully steered Brexit through a minefield I'll be happy to see him go.
Do you really think that the strategist behind Brexit and the election victory would plan his own demise?
He'll go if and when he's ready.
I believe Boris is, and can be, as ruthless as anyone when the situation calls for it, and Cummings isn't immune to that.
He can bluster a bit, but what he blusters about is what he has been told to say on any given day - not by Cummings (who is an operations delivery vehicle) but by the likes of Murdoch and the others who have a vested financial interest in Brexit and a Tory Government. Boris is a puppet, and now he has to kowtow to Trump as well as his bosses.

87Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 17:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

This post illustrates why I struggle to understand you at times glos.

Do you really think that Boris, a man who has zero interest in anything or anybody but himself, and the Tories who are only motivated by greed and self interest are seriously going to improve the lot of the ill or disadvantaged?
The playing field has changed drastically XM. I would say that from your point of view, Boris has to change what you consider his personal traits, as to remain in power in 5 years he will have to have fulfilled, or at least tried to, all his manifesto promises. Purely from this point of view, many people will benefit far more than they are currently.
Try not to see flaws, issues and problems in everything Boris or Tory, the times they are a-changing. It may not be how we want it to in the short term, but change it will.
XM, its obvious that I'm a natural optimist, and you and Wander prefer to be pessimistic in your outlooks. I prefer to look forward, whilst you two judge everything by looking back first. Of course, I have the right approach  Laughing

88Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 19:00

Ye if you’re willing to ignore the lies, deceit and failings of Boris throughout his career I’m sure it is easier to be positive about him in the future.

Look at post 80 if you want to see why he’s a disaster in the present as well as the past though.

89Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Thu Jan 09 2020, 20:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As FDR said, "A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward".
Extra difficult for Boris, with his trousers forever round his ankles.

90Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 10 2020, 19:29

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tracey Brabin and Floella Benjamin. And I know one of them sits at the back a lot eating Kettle Chips.

91Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 10 2020, 20:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just heard some women drooling over Starmer. A bit of a posh hunk they were saying.

This could be it. A sexy Labour Party. Get the suspenders out, our time has come.

I'll have to ditch my slippers of course, but I'm pretty sure my muslim prayer cap will turn a few heads.

92Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 00:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Just heard some women drooling over Starmer. A bit of a posh hunk they were saying.

This could be it. A sexy Labour Party. Get the suspenders out, our time has come.
Posh-ish nowadays but the son of a nurse and a toolmaker, grammar school and a red brick Uni rather than the Eton clique - and a proper fighter for the cause.
Blair 2 without the two faces, the "new labour" politics or the desperation to crawl up America's ass.
It's Sir Keir's time come the next election - as I've been saying for the past year or so. Labour long overdue an electable leader.

93Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 09:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry I have been gone for a while. I've been watching the channel4 reaction to the exit poll non stop for days and laughing. 

I am back now though refreshed.

94Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 10:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Trump once said he could shoot someone in Times Square and still retain his supporters adoration. Suspect Boris is the same.

Depends who he shoots.

95Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 10:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sorry I have been gone for a while. I've been watching the channel4 reaction to the exit poll non stop for days and laughing. 

Laughing

96Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 10:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sorry I have been gone for a while. I've been watching the channel4 reaction to the exit poll non stop for days and laughing. 

The General Erection exit poll?

It was humourously predictable and gullible people can be be very funny TBF. I only laughed for about an hour though.

Shouldn't have really - I'm probably not one of those who will get the worst of it and I should have considered them.

97Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 11:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

It was humourously predictable and gullible people can be be very funny TBF. I only laughed for about an hour though.

Shouldn't have really - I'm probably not one of those who will get the worst of it and I should have considered them.

U ok Hun?

Biggest majority since Thatcher. 👍

98Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 11:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

U ok Hun?

Biggest majority since Thatcher got in, sold off the country's oil assets, wiped out 15% of the country's manufacturing base and caused the greatest social unrest since the English Civil War. 👍
I'm fine - are you still semi-tumescent with delight?
I'm sure Borat will ensure Thatcher's dream of a strong, united Europe will be undone though.

99Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 13:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Were leaving the EU. Not Europe. All the best.

Anyway back on to the topic. 

Next labour leader. Deary deary me what a selection.

Phillips is finished as she said she'd rejoin the EU. So much for the period of introspection.

RLB will not win, the party will not elect Corbyn in a skirt.

Would appear Starmer and Nandy are the favourites. I quite like Lisa Nandy. Starmer is an absolute fraud and is not who these centrists think he is. Not fit to lace Blair's boots.

100Next Labour leader - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 11 2020, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On what basis is Starmer a fraud?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum