Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 50]

601How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jun 30 2023, 22:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Sluffy, I’m perfectly aware of what committees do and I didn’t suggest he had mentioned what Labour would do just that he was hammering Truss for negotiating deals with Saudi Arabia despite their poor human rights record and obvious murder of Khashogi. He may very well find his own trade and business Secretary colleagues having to tread the same path before long so would he be asking them the same questions in the same off hand fashion?

I think you strongly implied it though!!!

Whitesince63 wrote:Bryant is an arrogant, self serving numpty who likes to use the cloak of parliamentary privilege to cast aspersions and make accusations against others. Regarding Truss, is he saying that Labour would end all trade with countries like Saudi Arabia who don’t have the same human rights beliefs and laws as we do because if he is the we’re going to lose a lot of trade? I actually think Truss handled it well and without breaching any trust which may exist with the Saudis. The guys an idiot and sadly reflective of most of his parliamentary colleagues on all sides of the house. Sits on committees because it makes him feel important when in reality he’s a nothing politician.

And I'd already made the point that sometimes you have to sit down with the Devil, if you want to or not!

Sluffy wrote:It is a little bit unfair to her to be honest (not that I am in any way a supporter of Truss) in the way you do say things that are relevant to the circumstances when you said them.

Clearly her comments about autocratic states with no human rights, were said at the time of Russia's invasion of the Ukraine.

If we stopped whatever energy supplies we had with Russia at the time, then clearly we had to go cap in hand to some country who could replace it for us - unfortunately apart from the US, they are all probably autocratic states with poor human rights themselves.

She should simply have been honest and say something like it was urgent that the UK had secured energy supplies and although we don't approve of Saudi's human rights record we had no alternative but to trade with them and hopefully influence them to improve their human rights performance in the future.

Instead she lied and made to look the moron she is.

602How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 14 2023, 00:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How the hell is Johnson getting away with his latest wheeze without it becoming the front page scandal material it obviously is? He's now changed his excuse for not handing over material to the government appointed COVID commission, despite being ordered to do so by the High Court. (He commissioned the enquiry himself in order to boot the can a bit further down the road).
 After his last excuse was debunked he's now suddenly decided he can't remember the phone's passcode. He's taking the piss big style and laughing in our faces but the Tory/Murdoch media just completely ignore it, instead feeding us vital info on what Huw Edwards gets up to on his downtime dirty weekends.

603How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 14 2023, 12:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:How the hell is Johnson getting away with his latest wheeze without it becoming the front page scandal material it obviously is? He's now changed his excuse for not handing over material to the government appointed COVID commission, despite being ordered to do so by the High Court. (He commissioned the enquiry himself in order to boot the can a bit further down the road).
 After his last excuse was debunked he's now suddenly decided he can't remember the phone's passcode. He's taking the piss big style and laughing in our faces but the Tory/Murdoch media just completely ignore it, instead feeding us vital info on what Huw Edwards gets up to on his downtime dirty weekends.
Readiness to believe Boris is akin to a willingness to believe anything written in The Sun. Both exist merely to futher their own fortunes, regardless of who gets hurt in the process. The Telegraph/Mail/ Express come close runners-up.

604How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 14 2023, 13:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hip Priest wrote:How the hell is Johnson getting away with his latest wheeze without it becoming the front page scandal material it obviously is? He's now changed his excuse for not handing over material to the government appointed COVID commission, despite being ordered to do so by the High Court. (He commissioned the enquiry himself in order to boot the can a bit further down the road).

Boris Johnson's old phone could soon be accessed by Covid inquiry

The Covid public inquiry could finally gain access to Boris Johnson's WhatsApps from the first year of the pandemic, following a delay.

Technicians have been reluctant to turn on the old phone storing messages before May 2021, as the former PM wasn't sure about the pass code.

There were fears that getting it wrong could lead to the data being wiped.

But the government has now found a record of his PIN number, paving the way for it to be accessed.

Experts appointed by the government could now try to access the messages within the next 24 hours, BBC Newsnight understands.

The phone - which he used during the crucial early phases of the Covid pandemic - is currently with his lawyers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66199658

605How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sun Jul 16 2023, 21:19

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 274372419_10166347485525537_621380998747515685_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=174925&_nc_ohc=jiJITE_ZmWUAX9V_UBB&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2

606How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Jul 17 2023, 07:43

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We’d better all start reading the Granuad and Mirror and listen to Sly and the BBC for unbiased news then had we Oko? 😉

607How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 21 2023, 11:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A humbling for Sir Keir Rodney Starmer KCB KC in Boris old seat. 

Although his Oxford educated name sake did win his seat. Nice to see labour getting more working class people into parliament.

608How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 21 2023, 13:24

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:A humbling for Sir Keir Rodney Starmer KCB KC in Boris old seat. 

Although his Oxford educated name sake did win his seat. Nice to see labour getting more working class people into parliament.
I think this is more a kick in the teeth for Kahn than Starmer but he’d do well to take note of people’s reaction to the ULEZ extension because this isn’t the only seat that will be affected at the next election.

609How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 21 2023, 14:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will never vote for labour again unless they get Euan Blair as leader. Simple as that.

610How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jul 27 2023, 15:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

611How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jul 27 2023, 16:39

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I don’t know where you dragged this numpty up from Bonce but all I can say is thank God he didn’t stand for election because he sounds wetter than the woke bunch we’ve got in there now. I think he admitted where he stood when he claimed to be left of Corbyn!! After that does he seriously think he has any credibility at all and then when I saw the cat it just confirmed my option of him. 

One thing I can agree on though is that most Tory voters feel in the wilderness, completely failed by the Red Tories in Parliament and until somebody, Sunak or other, stands up and delivers some serious activity on the likes of immigration, net zero, finance and wokeists, especially in the banks now, I’m afraid his prophecy of oblivion at the next election will come true. I still hope however that in the 18 months or so left the government can see sense and change because the last thing we need is a weak, duplicitous Starmer leading an inexperienced and “there by default” bunch of nobodies taking their place.

612How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jul 27 2023, 17:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
I don’t know where you dragged this numpty up from Bonce but all I can say is thank God he didn’t stand for election because he sounds wetter than the woke bunch we’ve got in there now. I think he admitted where he stood when he claimed to be left of Corbyn!! After that does he seriously think he has any credibility at all and then when I saw the cat it just confirmed my option of him. 

One thing I can agree on though is that most Tory voters feel in the wilderness, completely failed by the Red Tories in Parliament and until somebody, Sunak or other, stands up and delivers some serious activity on the likes of immigration, net zero, finance and wokeists, especially in the banks now, I’m afraid his prophecy of oblivion at the next election will come true. I still hope however that in the 18 months or so left the government can see sense and change because the last thing we need is a weak, duplicitous Starmer leading an inexperienced and “there by default” bunch of nobodies taking their place.
The professor is always worth a listen. Not my cup of tea politically, but an interesting cove.

613How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Jul 27 2023, 23:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 F19SstTWIAEHWmS?format=jpg&name=900x900

614How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 28 2023, 00:09

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 F19SstTWIAEHWmS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nice try but Mad Nads doesn't give a shiny shite about anyone but herself.
She'll continue to draw the salaries for herself and her daughters for as long as possible. She has no shame whatsoever and doesn't seem to give a gnats chuff who knows it.

615How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 28 2023, 09:11

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I certainly won’t even try to defend the indefensible and agree with the council that she should stand down if she’s not prepared to undertake the activities that she was elected to carry out. Unfortunately this is yet another example of how protected our MPs are compared to the ordinary working man and woman. You can lie through parliamentary privilege you can commit crimes and even switch parties that you weren’t voted in to do but you can still survive for the elected period. Sadly self respect and decency are regularly seen to be missing from politicians these days across all sides of the House.

616How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Jul 28 2023, 09:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:

Nice try but Mad Nads doesn't give a shiny shite about anyone but herself.
She'll continue to draw the salaries for herself and her daughters for as long as possible. She has no shame whatsoever and doesn't seem to give a gnats chuff who knows it.
....which is exactly what her own constituents are saying.

The argument against PR is that whilst it is universally accepted as a fairer and more democratic electoral system in terms of the national stage i.e. where one person's vote is worth the same as everyone else's (it currently isn't democratic in the true sense) it is said to undermine the local link between constituents and their representatives.

But if the MP doesn't actually have an office in the constituency and hasn't held a surgery there for years that argument is blown out of the water.

617How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Jul 31 2023, 18:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

618How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Jul 31 2023, 18:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems like complete bollocks to me.

The USA is the country with the second highest consumption of fossil fuels 92.97 exajoules (whatever they are, never heard the term before).

We GB are in 14th place with just 7.18 exajoules - even if the drilling licences double, treble or even quadruple that figure we will still be a fraction of what the US is consuming.

Primary energy consumption worldwide in 2021, by country(in exajoules)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263455/primary-energy-consumption-of-selected-countries/

As for a leader he can trust - there's a fair chance that might be Trump again in just two years time...

Doesn't make any sense what Billionaire Andrew Forrest is saying, does it?

619How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Aug 01 2023, 01:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Irrelevant.

The decision is about production not consumption.

620How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 31 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Aug 01 2023, 01:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Irrelevant.

The decision is about production not consumption.

What???

Are you really that stupid?

Do you honestly think the UK including the new oil fields will produce more oil than the US does???

Because I certainly don't!!!

List of countries by oil production

1 - USA - 11,884,154 barrels a day

21 - UK - 744,965

We are absolutely miniscule compared to the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

You do make me laugh!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum