Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 12:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
:agree:
I too, agree with Nat!
How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 209-b97688b65b91a20b4ce50645df19ea33

742How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 13:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Never fear, Saint Marcus will come to the rescue. Last night he was conserving energy and carrying a fridge on his back, according to Stuart Pearce.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rashford-man-utd-champions-league-30992564

743How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 17:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:This isn't about whether people can afford to buy stuff, this is about the future of our fucking planet and the poor saps who will no doubt pay for our behaviour in decades to come.

Would you rather be able to afford an EV or give your great grandchildren a life?

Arguing that Doris from Dorking should be able to afford a new car over future Armageddon seems fucking selfish to me.

This fucking government want booting out at the first opportunity, and that's coming from someone who voted for them.
Another who’s been brainwashed by the eco zealots. If you and your like really cared about the planet you’d be in China, Indonesia, Russia, India or the USA blaspheming to them rather than posting pointless messages on here. When will you get it into your thick head that even if the “experts” are right about CO2, there’s absolutely nothing we here can do to improve things. All we can do is virtue signal by exporting our carbon emissions and importing from countries who don’t give a shit about it whether it’s oil and gas or manufactured goods. It sounds like finally we have a politician in Rishi who understands that and will take steps to reduce the damages done to people here, including you Nat. 🤨

744How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 17:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who even has space for 7 fecking bins?

The lazy twats need to separate some of it themselves instead of getting the home owner to do it for them!

745How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sun Sep 24 2023, 21:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Another who’s been brainwashed by the eco zealots. If you and your like really cared about the planet you’d be in China, Indonesia, Russia, India or the USA blaspheming to them rather than posting pointless messages on here. When will you get it into your thick head that even if the “experts” are right about CO2, there’s absolutely nothing we here can do to improve things. All we can do is virtue signal by exporting our carbon emissions and importing from countries who don’t give a shit about it whether it’s oil and gas or manufactured goods. It sounds like finally we have a politician in Rishi who understands that and will take steps to reduce the damages done to people here, including you Nat. 🤨

You really are a massive bellend, it's people like you with that mentality that are the reason nothing will ever change. You've resigned yourself to a terrible future for one reason, because that future does not ask anything of you today.

746How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 09:02

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You really are a massive bellend, it's people like you with that mentality that are the reason nothing will ever change. You've resigned yourself to a terrible future for one reason, because that future does not ask anything of you today.
Doesn’t ask anything of me today you nut job? We’re all paying including you, for the sheer vanity project of net zero. Thankfully the true costs should soon be identified by Rishi’s opening up of the whole net zero question and a proper debate conducted to establish the truth and real and unnecessary costs of policies you and your brainless ilk have supported. 

Nobody’s disagreeing with a move to renewables, but the simple fact is that the timescales are ridiculous and even organisations like the National Grid are telling you that. They quote the cost of preparing the infrastructure at £3 trillion to meet the 2050 target. Currently only 20% of electricity is generated from renewables and sufficient nuclear capacity wouldn’t be available for at least 10 years if we started now. 

If we move to wind have you ever stopped to think how many pilons that would take and with the high voltage cabling required to feed charge points how many roads do you imagine would have to be dug up to service them? This doesn’t all happen by magic you dipstick although in your perfect imaginary world maybe it does? You’re the bell end because you just don’t understand the cost and disruption to achieve what’s impossible by the stupid dates set by idiots like Milliband, May and BoJo. Simpler still, go and post you’re nonsense to the real polluters because whatever we do here it won’t make one jot of difference to CO2 levels or the climate.

747How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Doesn’t ask anything of me today you nut job? We’re all paying including you, for the sheer vanity project of net zero.

I'm happy to pay whatever it costs to give future generations a chance. If I have to go without a few luxuries to afford it then fair enough.

But let's be honest, you'll be 6 feet under long before climate change really grips, so why should you care?

748How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 13:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm happy to pay whatever it costs to give future generations a chance. If I have to go without a few luxuries to afford it then fair enough.

But let's be honest, you'll be 6 feet under long before climate change really grips, so why should you care?

It’s not that I don’t care Nat it’s because I don’t believe. Clearly nor do the Chineses, Indians, Yanks and many others or they’d be rushing to save the planet. Do you think they’re bell ends too? They aren’t doing without their luxuries I can tell you because despite making comforting noises internationally they know as well as anyone that net zero is just a con and though climate change is as real as it’s ever been there’s little or nothing we can physically do about it. You’ve been brainwashed, just accept it and face reality. The planet isn’t going to burn and my grandkids and their grandkids will have fun laughing at numpties like you and Sluffy who’ve been completely taken in by it.

749How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 13:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
It’s not that I don’t care Nat it’s because I don’t believe. Clearly nor do the Chineses, Indians, Yanks and many others or they’d be rushing to save the planet. Do you think they’re bell ends too? They aren’t doing without their luxuries I can tell you because despite making comforting noises internationally they know as well as anyone that net zero is just a con and though climate change is as real as it’s ever been there’s little or nothing we can physically do about it. You’ve been brainwashed, just accept it and face reality. The planet isn’t going to burn and my grandkids and their grandkids will have fun laughing at numpties like you and Sluffy who’ve been completely taken in by it.

750How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: The planet isn’t going to burn and my grandkids and their grandkids will have fun laughing at numpties like you and Sluffy who’ve been completely taken in by it.

You've convinced me. I'm going to ignore 99% of the world's experts and take the word of some bellend on a football forum who has no science qualification other than his Chemistry 'O' Level from 1958.

Can you send me one of those tinfoil hats please.

751How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 13:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

It isn't a question of being taken in, it is simply nature in action.

The planet puts too much CO2 into the atmosphere and the science is such that it turns that into global warming.

The natural way that has always occurred before is through volcanic gasses.

The planet can and does regulate itself (over millions of years) if not too much CO2 has been pumped into the atmosphere, and has always recovered up to now BUT if it reaches a tipping point, as it did on Venus, there is no return.

FUN FACT (well not that fun if you happened to live there!)

Did you know that Venus is the hottest planet in the Solar System!

Mean Temperatures on Each Planet
Planetary surface temperatures tend to get colder the farther a planet is from the Sun. Venus is the exception, as its proximity to the Sun, and its dense atmosphere make it our solar system's hottest planet. The mean temperatures of planets in our solar system are:

Mercury - 333°F (167°C)
Venus - 867°F (464°C)
Earth - 59°F (15°C)
Mars - Minus 85°F (-65°C)

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/resources/681/solar-system-temperatures/#:~:text=Planetary%20surface%20temperatures%20tend%20to,our%20solar%20system's%20hottest%20planet.

Venus was pretty similar to Earth at one time but all that changed due to its global warming and the place is now simply toxic and dead.

Will Earth go that way too?

Depends if mankind wakes up to the fact that burning fossil fuel is rocketing us to the Earths tipping point.

If we change our ways and stop it getting there then we won't BUT it might also be too late for mankind to survive the changes that will have happened in Earths climate.

The measures that are required now are not to stop global warming continuing to rise - it's too late for that already - but to mitigate it and limit how far it does rise and to head off how worse it would have been if we hadn't done something first.

You can believe whatever you want but you children and definitely your grandchildren are going to live in a more inhospitable climatic world environment than you could ever imagine - the Earth may not even be able to grow the food to feed the planet anymore if we leave it too late (yes I know you think its bullshit).

In a way it is a bit like crashing off the road and driving at full speed towards the edge of a cliff, start breaking now and you will live but are now miles away from the road you were on, brake too late and you could be left hanging over the lip of the cliff and throwing passengers out of the car to save yourself and if you don't break at all, then that is the end for mankind and maybe it is now the time for the cockroaches and insects to rule the world because mammals, reptiles, sea life and much of the world's flora would not be able to survive the climate changes that would have taken place.

That's the science - that is what is going to happen.

752How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 15:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven’t read your essay past Trees and they love co2.

Why not grow lots and lots more trees?

The rainforest in South America has almost been cut down and not replaced and we have cut trees down for buildings, roads etc. we need to preserve our green belt land and to stop people building on more of it imo.

753How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 15:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's happening, slowly but surely.

754How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 25 2023, 15:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I haven’t read your essay past Trees and they love co2.

Why not grow lots and lots more trees?

The rainforest in South America has almost been cut down and not replaced and we have cut trees down for buildings, roads etc. we need to preserve our green belt land and to stop people building on more of it imo.

But WS63 wants a McDonalds at the end of his road. That's more important than trees.

755How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 26 2023, 13:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

But WS63 wants a McDonalds at the end of his road. That's more important than trees.
Nat, what I want is common sense. We have done more than almost every other country to reduce emissions and at great cost. We account for a tiny fraction of global levels yet politicians are intent on destroying our economy by exporting jobs to places like China in the name of net zero, only to then import the goods produced from polluting factories. If you can’t see the ambiguity in that then I give up. We all want a cleaner planet, we all want a cleaner atmosphere and we all agree we need to move to renewables but the timescales are ridiculous and the costs of even trying to meet them destructive to this country. I want everything you want but we have to accept that until the major polluting powers cease using fossil fuels nothing we do matters a jot other than ruining our economy.

756How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 26 2023, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: I want everything you want but we have to accept that until the major polluting powers cease using fossil fuels nothing we do matters a jot other than ruining our economy.

We'll never agree. You care about your wallet, I care about the future.

757How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 26 2023, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Nat, what I want is common sense. We have done more than almost every other country to reduce emissions and at great cost. We account for a tiny fraction of global levels yet politicians are intent on destroying our economy by exporting jobs to places like China in the name of net zero, only to then import the goods produced from polluting factories. If you can’t see the ambiguity in that then I give up. We all want a cleaner planet, we all want a cleaner atmosphere and we all agree we need to move to renewables but the timescales are ridiculous and the costs of even trying to meet them destructive to this country. I want everything you want but we have to accept that until the major polluting powers cease using fossil fuels nothing we do matters a jot other than ruining our economy.

The timescales are set by nature if we really want to negate the worst of what is coming due to how much we've fucked up the planet so far.

And we all (China, USA, Brazil, etc, etc,) have to do our bits to meet them - and if one or more of us don't, it will mean things are only going get that much worse for the planet down the line.

The deadlines ARE achievable IF all the world really wants to achieve them (probably at the cost of making huge sacrifices in how we live now) - but people won't - they couldn't be arsed to simply wear a facemask when Covid was about, they aren't going stop cutting down trees in the Amazon etc, when that's they only way they can earn money to feed themselves.

The reality is that our future generations are already fucked - just hope we haven't made things bad enough for them not to ultimately survive through what will be coming.

As I've said before, I can't stop it happening - no one can - but I do my puny bit not to add to it, and my puny bit is better than nothing at all, and if we all do our puny little bits and teach our kids to do theirs, then at least we've tried.

To paraphrase a bit - better to have tried and lost, than never to have tried at all...

758How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 26 2023, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By the way 63, Professor Tim's cat, Bey, died yesterday. Twenty. A good age.

He was buried in the garden beside his sisters.

759How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 26 2023, 16:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

760How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Sep 26 2023, 18:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Nat, what I want is common sense. We have done more than almost every other country to reduce emissions and at great cost. We account for a tiny fraction of global levels yet politicians are intent on destroying our economy by exporting jobs to places like China in the name of net zero, only to then import the goods produced from polluting factories. If you can’t see the ambiguity in that then I give up. We all want a cleaner planet, we all want a cleaner atmosphere and we all agree we need to move to renewables but the timescales are ridiculous and the costs of even trying to meet them destructive to this country. I want everything you want but we have to accept that until the major polluting powers cease using fossil fuels nothing we do matters a jot other than ruining our economy.
Like you, I also want common sense WS63 - so at least we're both agreed that in the interest of common sense we should dump these Tory idiots as soon as possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum