Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

721How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Sep 16 2023, 10:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:There’s nothing wrong with being a bit different Bob!
I bet Bob has tatts.

722How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Sep 16 2023, 10:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I bet Bob has tatts.

With the words “I love myself” no doubt! Very Happy

723How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Sep 16 2023, 11:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I couldn't agree more. Its just as well we aren't all Wandererswallys.

724How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Sep 16 2023, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob, lets get this thread back on track.

Now come on! Put that Chums catalogue down and get with it!

725How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Sep 16 2023, 16:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

726How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Sep 18 2023, 20:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Laura Kuenssberg: State of Chaos
Series 1: 2. Johnson

Compulsive viewing

The Johnson era and the wrecking of the Civil Service and the possible end of honesty and integrity in the running of the nation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001qpbc/laura-kuenssberg-state-of-chaos-series-1-2-johnson

727How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 20 2023, 18:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think W63 will be pleased!

Sunak banks on political gain from climate policy shift

Iain Watson

Political correspondent

Rishi Sunak’s argument is that he can achieve net zero without some of the tools his predecessors bequeathed him.

That’s for experts to pronounce upon.

But the PM also claims he's making hard choices.

Allowing the sale of petrol and diesel cars for longer seems much more like a soft option, bringing the UK into line with some other countries and reassuring some motorists that their carbon-fuelled cars won’t lose their value quite so fast.

The PM says he's convinced his measures will have "broad support".

So politically he sniffs a win.

He will attract criticism from some prominent Conservatives.

But at the next election, he will hope the political benefit of easing off on some green policies, and appearing to help families with the cost of living, will outweigh the risk that his party appears divided.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66863110

728How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 20 2023, 19:13

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Common sense at last. The awful, expensive and damaging rush to a virtue signalling position on net zero. There was absolutely no good reason to end the sale of ICE vehicles 5 years earlier than anybody else other than a desire by Boris to be seen as the greenest. Similarly with heat pumps a wholly untested and expensive alternative to cheap efficient gas boilers. Even if we achieved the 2030 target the National Grid has already stated that it isn’t anywhere near ready for the volume of electricity needed and it could cost up to £3 trillion for the infrastructure alone. Pushing these measures back until 2035 allows these problems to be addressed without rushing and both heat pump development and even suitability proven. Nobody, including Rishi, is denying we need to move to renewables and reduce fossil fuel use but it needs to be done without impoverishing people and at a pace that technology can deliver. We’ll done Rishi, maybe he does have some backbone after all?

729How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 20 2023, 19:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps 63, he’s planning to win the voters for the next election coming up.

Rishi is a cock and I’m done with the Tories!

730How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 20 2023, 19:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Img_4110

731How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 20 2023, 21:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£5 to rescue Rishi

It’s clear: Rishi Sunak, is firmly in Liz Truss’ pocket.

On Monday, Liz Truss called on the Tories to delay their climate pledges. By Wednesday, Rishi Sunak did just that.

This is a showcase of weakness from a desperate, directionless Prime Minister.

Will you chip in £5 today to rescue Rishi Sunak from Liz Truss’ pocket?

Donate to rescue Rishi

This is what he’s done:

He’s already delivered the worst cost of living crisis in generations.

And today, he has loaded more costs onto working people.

Delaying the phase out of petrol and diesel cars will add billions in costs to families and damage investor confidence in the UK, as we have seen from the furious business reaction today.

By bowing down to Liz Truss, he’s u-turned on taking action on clean energy and is trashing our economic future.

Alisa, a mission-driven Labour government, with Keir Starmer as Prime Minister, will provide the stability business needs, to attract investment, create jobs, and grow our economy for working people.

Only Labour will secure Britain’s future.

:biggrin:

732How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Sep 20 2023, 22:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More from our cat loving professor.

733How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 07:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Desperate vote grabbing from Sunak, just like the banning of XL bullys.

734How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 09:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:£5 to rescue Rishi

On Monday, Liz Truss called on the Tories to delay their climate pledges. By Wednesday, Rishi Sunak did just that.

Donate to rescue Rishi

This is what he’s done:

Delaying the phase out of petrol and diesel cars will add billions in costs to families and damage investor confidence in the UK, as we have seen from the furious business reaction today.

By bowing down to Liz Truss, he’s u-turned on taking action on clean energy and is trashing our economic future.

Alisa, a mission-driven Labour government, with Keir Starmer as Prime Minister, will provide the stability business needs, to attract investment, create jobs, and grow our economy for working people.

What an utter load of absolute bollocks. Sorry for being so blunt KP but if you really believe that then you’re crazy. Our individual contribution to CO2 levels is minimal. Pushing back to 2035 will make absolutely no difference to atmospheric levels. Your beloved EU have set 2035 as the level so why wouldn’t we do the same?

The simple fact is that the infrastructure wouldn’t be ready for 2030 if we met it so what sense is there in adhering to a date totally plucked out of the air by a PM you despise anyway, just to make him look good? Tell me how delaying the limit on ICE vehicles adds billions to families costs and surely being in line with Europe actually helps manufacturers not hinders them. You shouldn’t believe everything the blob tells you.

Most people just can’t afford EV’s and I don’t know anyone who intends fitting a heat pump. Do you have an EV, are you fitting a heat pump. Get off your virtue signalling high horse and face facts. Yes, this will win Rishi votes because it’s sheer common sense and the vast majority of people can see that. Obviously you can’t sadly.

735How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 09:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Desperate vote grabbing from Sunak, just like the banning of XL bullys.
Politicians wanting folk to vote for them? Disgraceful! What's the world coming to?

736How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 09:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:More from our cat loving professor.
Hey Bonce for once I actually find myself agreeing with him!! 🤗

No moggy today thankfully but can you seriously take someone seriously who dresses in a pink and white striped shirt with an orange jumper and a gold bow tie and a green Aldi bag in the background? clown

737How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 09:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
karlypants wrote:£5 to rescue Rishi

Donate to rescue Rishi

This is what he’s done:

What an utter load of absolute bollocks. Sorry for being so blunt KP but if you really believe that then you’re crazy. Our individual contribution to CO2 levels is minimal. Pushing back to 2035 will make absolutely no difference to atmospheric levels. Your beloved EU have set 2035 as the level so why wouldn’t we do the same?

The simple fact is that the infrastructure wouldn’t be ready for 2030 if we met it so what sense is there in adhering to a date totally plucked out of the air by a PM you despise anyway, just to make him look good? Tell me how delaying the limit on ICE vehicles adds billions to families costs and surely being in line with Europe actually helps manufacturers not hinders them. You shouldn’t believe everything the blob tells you.

Most people just can’t afford EV’s and I don’t know anyone who intends fitting a heat pump. Do you have an EV, are you fitting a heat pump. Get off your virtue signalling high horse and face facts. Yes, this will win Rishi votes because it’s sheer common sense and the vast majority of people can see that. Obviously you can’t sadly.

To be honest, I was going to omit this part of the Labour email I got but thought it was best to add it all.

I generally don’t agree with the crazy green policies.

Even Rishi has had to ditch his 7 bin plan which is an absolutely crazy idea!

738How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 11:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:

To be honest, I was going to omit this part of the Labour email I got but thought it was best to add it all.

I generally don’t agree with the crazy green policies.

Even Rishi has had to ditch his 7 bin plan which is an absolutely crazy idea!
Yes but I didn’t actually realise there was a 7 bin deal? Everybody understands the need to move to renewables Karly, not necessarily because you believe all the scare stories but because it just makes sense and if it helps clean up the planet too then so much the better. My problem is that people have been so brainwashed by the green argument and accused of being a “denier” if you disagree that for me at least it’s heartening that a leading politician has actually come out and taken a rational and realistic view on the subject.

Whilst pretty much everybody obviously wants a cleaner planet and atmosphere we have to be realistic and the fact is that the UK represents a tiny fraction of total emissions so whatever we do has a minimal effect. The vast majority (except Sluffy) realise that we need to move that way gradually and when technology allows. Even if we built the maximum number of windmills or solar farms by 2030 the grid couldn’t connect or deal with that volume and they’ve said that yet the numpty net zero zealots ignore the reality and continue with the misguided belief that it can be done. 

What Rishi did yesterday was to point that out and attempt to deal with it and it seems from polls taken that the majority of the public agree with him. What this country needs is leadership and I’m hoping this is the start of Rishi standing up and telling us what’s going to happen in not just net zero but other areas. If he can do that there’s still hope that we can ensure Starmer never gets near Downing Street.

739How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't about whether people can afford to buy stuff, this is about the future of our fucking planet and the poor saps who will no doubt pay for our behaviour in decades to come.

Would you rather be able to afford an EV or give your great grandchildren a life?

Arguing that Doris from Dorking should be able to afford a new car over future Armageddon seems fucking selfish to me.

This fucking government want booting out at the first opportunity, and that's coming from someone who voted for them.

740How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 37 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Sep 21 2023, 12:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:This isn't about whether people can afford to buy stuff, this is about the future of our fucking planet and the poor saps who will no doubt pay for our behaviour in decades to come.

Would you rather be able to afford an EV or give your great grandchildren a life?

Arguing that Doris from Dorking should be able to afford a new car over future Armageddon seems fucking selfish to me.

This fucking government want booting out at the first opportunity, and that's coming from someone who voted for them.
:agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum