Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumour Update: Jermaine Beckford

+28
rammywhite
observer
Sluffy
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
dazshack
WhiteBic
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
gloswhite
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Born to be a wanderer
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Triumph
Jamster26
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
NickFazer
JakeSnake
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford and Craig Davies could turn out to be a tasty combination. Beckford did well at Leeds and if Moyes thought he was worth a punt, who are we to argue with the Manager of Manchester united?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford will score 20 goals a season for us.

I'm not saying he's the best finisher in the world, but he gets in the right positions to get the chances - none of our current strikers have a clue about movement and position.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anther striker with attitude problems?

That's 3 if he signs.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Anther striker with attitude problems?

That's 3 if he signs.

Where are these so-called attitude problems documented? They love him at Huddersfield.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We need some Reggae in the squad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it fair to say he scores too many goals? Not sure we need that kind of arrogance in the squad.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

dazshack wrote:They both have option of extra 12 months that Blackpool have activated

Hello and welcome Daz.

Thanks for that info.

Who would you like us to be signing bearing in mind the circumstances we find ourselves in?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

One thing you can say for Beckford. He’s completely different to any of our current strikers in that he’s an out-and-out forward.

Beckford plays on the shoulder of the last defender and his pace will definitely give us a new option in attack, aswell as giving our opposition something different to think about.

He’ll also sniff out any chances in the box and is in many ways, is quite similar to Sturridge when he was with us. For that reason, I am genuinely optimistic.

He won’t be chasing much down though and getting tackles in too much, although he’ll do the damage in the box where I’m sure we all want him to be. As Natasha says, he gets into the right positions even if his conversion rate hasn't been too great in recent times, so I’m sure he’ll get goals for us.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A lot of decent strikers have attitude. You need somebody who is sure of himself and a bit of cockyness can be a good thing.

dazshack

dazshack
David Ngog
David Ngog

Dougie played with beckford at Leeds so he knows what he can do if you get him service he will score 15-20 is my guess and for a million quid you can not get better

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dazshack wrote:Dougie played with beckford at Leeds so he knows what he can do if you get him service he will score 15-20 is my guess and for a million quid you can not get better

:like:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So is the thinking that the defender is Sainsbury?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:So is the thinking that the defender is Sainsbury?
I wish we were spending the money on Dawson. We won when he was on the squad.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's stated that he wants to fight for his place at West Brom next season.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doubt we could afford him anyway tbh.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

According to a Leeds fan that I know, we'll have a fight to get Beckford in.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A fight with who? The BBC says talks are at 'an advanced stage'

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liverpool are interested.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Having just got some response off a few huddersfield fans, i'm not so sure on Beckford:-

1. Think a lot if not most town fans will agree that he iritated the hell out of us for most part of the season. He seemed too lazy and not interested and look even more lazy playing along side vaughn. However last five or six games of season get seemed to come into his own and without his goals right at the death we wouldn't have stayed up.

2. if you havent got a "vaughan" playing up front to do all the work for him then he will be an expensive "mannequin" who will get a goal now and again..
shame really, never seen a bloke his size lose as many challenges...he was on his ars- more than heskey and thats saying something...

3. It was only when Robins gave him the hard word after watching him bust a gut for Jamaica with 2 games in 5 days...having spent the previous 10 games injured for Town. Something like, get your bloody 'rse in gear mate...seemed to work in the end, but all that went before was mightily frustrating for the fans..

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Maybe the fact Dougie has played with him at Leeds will sort any attitude problems.We need another centre half to go with Wheater.Ream was the biggest waste of money as a centre half too weak for this leauge another Coyle shite signing.Sordell does not look the part either best part of £6 million. Of the Cahill money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum