Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton

+17
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
kennster
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
karlypants
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Fri Nov 01 2013, 13:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman looks ahead to Saturday's clash with AFC Bournemouth

Dougie Freedman paid tribute to his opposite number Eddie Howe ahead of this weekend’s clash with Bournemouth, but reiterated his determination to come out on top when the Whites meet the Cherries.

The pair will come up against each other for only the third time in their respective managerial careers on the coast on Saturday afternoon, with Freedman currently unbeaten as Crystal Palace secured a victory and a draw over Burnley back in the 2011/12 campaign.

The Scot however is well aware of the threat which Howe and his team pose, with the Cherries having only suffered two defeats on home soil this season.

"I know Eddie quite well – he’s a young coach like myself and he’s found himself back at Bournemouth doing very well with them getting promotion," said the manager at his pre-match press conference. "He’s signed a lot of players in the summer – a lot of Championship players, a couple of top end players and that’s the reason they’re doing well.

"The boy Tokelo Rantie that they’ve got, everybody wanted to try and sign him but he’s a lot of money. We were quoted £3 million to sign him, so when that happened we felt it wasn’t the right money, but Eddie was backed and signed that player and he’s doing very well for them.

"They’re a dangerous team and one that we’ve got to respect. We need to make sure we go down there with the right attitude and with the right game plan."

With almost 1,000 supporters set to make the trip to the south coast to back the side this weekend, Freedman admitted that the support shown by the club’s travelling fans makes all the difference and is something that he is incredibly thankful for.

"Our away fans since I’ve been here have been terrific, both vocally and in numbers, so long may that continue," he said.

"I’d like to say a big thank you to the away fans, because there’s been certain games away from home that we’ve let them down and certain games away last year that we were terrific."

The manager also revealed that Mark Davies is close to a return to action, with the midfielder having been sidelined since suffering a knee injury against Peterborough United back in February.

"Mark Davies trained with us on Friday morning for 20 minutes or so, but he’s about three weeks away from joining in the team training and about four to five weeks away from putting a strip on with the Under 21s.

He added: "He’s very close, but we need to make sure that he’s right when we do it, so maybe mid-December will be when we see him."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Fri Nov 01 2013, 13:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Video version:

43Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Fri Nov 01 2013, 13:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Video preview: AFC Bournemouth v Bolton

44Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 09:48

Bournemoth are a strong side at home, we'd have to be happy with a point, but I think what's equally important is that we show we can keep possession and create chances. 

I actually think the way we're playing at the moment is far more suited to playing away from home, allowing teams to come onto us and having more space on the counter. We look devoid of ideas trying to break teams down ourselves, so I think it should make for an interesting game. 

Dougie needs to be less cautious at home and away, he could start by playing Hall or Moritz. 

My line up would be:

Lonergan
McNaughton Mills Ream Baptiste
Medo Danns
Lee       Moritz      Hall
Beckford

45Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 10:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That line-up is ridiculous.

Hall has done a big FUCK ALL since he signed, he will never make it. I've not heard one person suggest Hall is anything but a lightweight.

Moritz? Has he even kicked a ball for us yet? If he was any good he'd have started long before now, match fit or not.

Danns has been our most consistent player these last few weeks, he needs to play behind Beckford as he has been doing.

Medo over Spearing? Stop fucking WUMing or actually watch a game. They are chalk and cheese right now.

The team should be:

Lonergan

McNaughton - Mills - Ream - Anyone but Baptiste

Eagles - Spearing - Medo - Lee

Danns

Beckford

But I'd have the wingers playing like proper wingers, i.e. there to attack, not stifle the fucking opposition.

46Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:00

I disagree with pretty much every word you've said. I've chosen Hall and Moritz because we need fresh ideas and creativity, they can't do worse than our forward players have been doing.

You consistently slate Medo, but every time I've seen him play this season he's looked better than Spearing in every department, the fact that you can't see any potential in Hall (or that Baptiste is solid) also says to me you're either on the wind up or you don't have the first idea about football. Hall's raw but he's the only out and out winger we have at the moment, plus he has pace. Give him a run in the team and see what he can do, we need fresh impetus.

I'd pick Moritz (on the assumption that he's fully fit) for three reasons; I think Eagles has been poor, I don't want to play Medo and Spearing together as the balance isn't right between them and Moritz is the type of player who can keep and use the ball well, so give him a go. We can keep Danns energy and he'll offer more from that position than Medo or Speaing do at the moment.

For all your complaining about Freedman's negativity and tatics you've chosen the team I'd expect him to later. Mine was slightly experimental to try new things, you've pretty much said let's change nothing clueless.

Whittam Out.

47Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Dougie's team will be something like this:

Lonergan

Bus Bus Bus Bus Bus

Bus Bus Bus Bus Bus
sad but true!

48Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I disagree with pretty much every word you've said. I've chosen Hall and Moritz because we need fresh ideas and creativity, they can't do worse than our forward players have been doing.

You consistently slate Medo, but every time I've seen him play this season he's looked better than Spearing in every department, the fact that you can't see any potential in Hall (or that Baptiste is solid) also says to me you're either on the wind up or you don't have the first idea about football. Hall's raw but he's the only out and out winger we have at the moment, plus he has pace. Give him a run in the team and see what he can do, we need fresh impetus.

I'd pick Moritz (on the assumption that he's fully fit) for three reasons; I think Eagles has been poor, I don't want to play Medo and Spearing together as the balance isn't right between them and Moritz is the type of player who can keep and use the ball well, so give him a go. We can keep Danns energy and he'll offer more from that position than Medo or Speaing do at the moment.

For all your complaining about Freedman's negativity and tatics you've chosen the team I'd expect him to later. Mine was slightly experimental to try new things, you've pretty much said let's change nothing clueless.

Whittam Out.
I agree we need to freshen things up, but with what?

Hall is rubbish, nothing will change my mind on that score, too lightweight and not even comfortable when in possession.

Moritz might be decent, but we're 13 games in and he's hardly kicked a ball. And if he plays you'd have to leave out Danns who has been our most consistent performer.

Eagles hasn't played well this season, but he's been injured and hardly had a chance since he returned. He keeps picking Ngog despite him never doing anything in a white shirt, but Eagles seems to be out of favour despite being our leading scorer and creator last season.

If we played Lee and Eagles as attacking players we would carry more of a threat.

Baptiste has been garbage at left back. The winger took the piss out of him numerous times last week. I like the way he tries to get forward but he's too slow to get back and is always out of position.

Medo is shit. He wants three touches to control a ball and I've lost count of the times he's slowed down a breakaway by not being comfortable on the ball. Spearing isn't great but he's more of an engine than Medo.

I've said before, I'd push Ream into midfield - he is the only player in the whole squad who can pass more than 5 yards without giving it away.

49Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:30

Bolton Nuts

Admin

"You'll now see us adapting our system when we now go a goal up. " - He is really selling this line!!!

It scares the hell out of me. I hope it is some sort of clever con and while we all think he is going to go defensive he is going to do the opposite and put another attacker on to finish a team off. Here's hoping!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

50Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Remember to join us at the match live here on the Chatbox this afternoon.

Everyone welcome.

51Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Unless Biggie wants to do the commentary then I will gladly do it this afternoon...or would one of the members like to do it?

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:02; edited 1 time in total

52Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Jamile Beckford will bang one in for us but we'll lose quite comfortably in the end, but we'll keep on going like a train into the next game.

53Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm out of the commentary , I've done two and we've not won once so i'm a jinx.

54Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:25

Natasha Whittam wrote:I agree we need to freshen things up, but with what?

Hall is rubbish, nothing will change my mind on that score, too lightweight and not even comfortable when in possession.

Moritz might be decent, but we're 13 games in and he's hardly kicked a ball. And if he plays you'd have to leave out Danns who has been our most consistent performer.

Eagles hasn't played well this season, but he's been injured and hardly had a chance since he returned. He keeps picking Ngog despite him never doing anything in a white shirt, but Eagles seems to be out of favour despite being our leading scorer and creator last season.

If we played Lee and Eagles as attacking players we would carry more of a threat.

Baptiste has been garbage at left back. The winger took the piss out of him numerous times last week. I like the way he tries to get forward but he's too slow to get back and is always out of position.

Medo is shit. He wants three touches to control a ball and I've lost count of the times he's slowed down a breakaway by not being comfortable on the ball. Spearing isn't great but he's more of an engine than Medo.

I've said before, I'd push Ream into midfield - he is the only player in the whole squad who can pass more than 5 yards without giving it away.
Sorry but that's a load of rubbish about Medo, has a good first touch keeps it close and plays it simple, we've got completely opposing views on him and Baptiste.

To say nothing will change your mind about Hall is ridiculous, he's 19 and you've probably seen about half an hour or play from him so far. You simply can't write off a 19 year old after so little time.

I'd love to have 2 Reams so we can play one in midfield but keep the partnership that's looked good so far, we could do with his passing as you say but I don't want to sacrifice a half decent partnership at the back.

You wouldn't have to sacrifice Danns for Moritz if you took Spearing/Medo out of the equation. Danns could still be effective from CM and it would put less pressure on Medo or Spearing to get forward (which neither are great at), sticking to what they know best. Both would prefer to just sit in front of the back 4, tidy up and lay it off to a more creative player at the moment they're forced to try and join in the attacks to little effect.

55Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 14:04

Same team:

Lonergan, McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Baptiste, Medo, Spearing, Danns, Chung-Yong, Beckford, Ngog

56Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 14:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

subs: Lee-Barrett, Eagles, Hall, Knight, Wheater, Odelusi, Kellett

57Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 14:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So still no Craig Davies then!

58Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 14:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog ? ffs Freedman how many times??????

59Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 14:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

two centre halves and no senior striker on the bench, good move Dougie! Sad

60Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Bolton Sat Nov 02 2013, 14:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:Ngog ? ffs Freedman how many times??????
Agreed- this blindness with insisting on two strikers who play the same game, neither of whom can play in the air, is getting to look like stupidity.

I've given up hope of getting anything from this game even before a ball is kicked.

It's now beyond a joke

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum