Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeover imminent?

+20
y2johnny
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
karlypants
Growler
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
DEANO82
gloswhite
Cajunboy
observer
terenceanne
wessy
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Kane57
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

141Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 00:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would really like to know who is behind this alleged bid because the last thing we want is to go from the frying pan into the fire - and we know Anderson is increasingly desperate to sell - so I'm wondering where "the club's best interest" fits into that scenario.
I'm not sensing billionaire but I live in hope.

142Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 09:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah we only need to know where the money is coming from.

With a minor detail like that I'm sure it'll be done soon.

143Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 11:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scroll down to bottom.

144Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:14

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ulker was once linked with the takeover of Newcastle  United.

145Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A billionaire? Get him in quick  Very Happy

146Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah it’s not him.

147Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll probably get Doris the tealady's vote - the man owns McVitie's and Jacob's of cream cracker fame.
He is a credible owner in many respects - a philanthropist with a history of investing in football clubs including Fenerbahce and Galatasaray, but he has been known to withdraw his support as quickly as he gives it which is a worry - although in Turkey he cited violence and a shit atmosphere as the reason - so we've got half a chance as there's not much violence at the Macron Smile

I wouldn't count any chickens on this one though as the Newcastle deal was thought to be done before he walked. And he has our very own poor man's Mike Ashley to deal with.

148Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:42

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

UBOL

149Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah it’s not him.
So who is it then O great Oracle?

150Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don’t respond to the lowest form of wit

151Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
 Give him 5 minutes to google billionaires and then he'll pick one out for you Lusty  Very Happy

152Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
 Give him 5 minutes to google billionaires and then he'll pick one out for you Lusty  Very Happy
...as long as they are philanthropist billionaires with a track record of owning sports clubs.

Nixon now saying there is no certainty over the timeframe for this to come to a head.

153Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 13:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Literally anyone could say what Nixon is saying.

He gets paid to do this btw.

154Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 19:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Might not mean anything, but Parminder Basran has started following everything BWFC.

155Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 19:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who the hell is that?

156Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 22:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Might not mean anything, but Parminder Basran has started following everything BWFC.
I follow everything BWFC but have no plans to buy the club.
Surely this two bit investor can't be thinking of profile raising by buying a football club - it would be a disaster of Anderson proportions for us although it's just the kind of leaving present we might expect

157Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 22:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He follows trump so he obviously has his head screwed on.

158Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 23:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I follow everything BWFC but have no plans to buy the club.
Surely this two bit investor can't be thinking of profile raising by buying a football club - it would be a disaster of Anderson proportions for us although it's just the kind of leaving present we might expect
We could form a Nuts consortium. I'm pretty sure Nat's loaded, and she has the online profile to generate interest from other big time charlies.
She could also put a couple of extra cards up in the phone box she uses. Sorted.

159Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 23:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Including apparently direct messaging the Ken Anderson parody account!

The parody account tweeted publicly to Basaran (the public face of the British bid for the club - the so called 'Warburton' bid) that the Turkish bid had offered him Kebabs for life  - to which this exchange apparently happened!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shocked

160Takeover imminent? - Page 8 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Wed Feb 13 2019, 23:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Invest in youth. 

Aka spend nothing on established players.

Well I hope he gets it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum