Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeover imminent?

+20
y2johnny
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
karlypants
Growler
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
DEANO82
gloswhite
Cajunboy
observer
terenceanne
wessy
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Kane57
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

21Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 10:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A different mindset could work wonders. Whatever happens, I can feel some of the gloom lifting.

22Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 10:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A different mindset could work wonders. Whatever happens, I can feel some of the gloom lifting.

TBH he did well at Brentford and Rangers - not so much at Forest - but still has a 55% overall win rate which is a damn sight higher than Parky's.

23Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 10:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:So with a few quid coming in, which striker is available now after the window has shut?  If money was no object to saving the season, who could be bought?
Juninho
Tardelli
Guiseppe Rossi
Agbonlahor
Carlos de Penha
Subotic
Berbatov
and a bunch of younger ones.

24Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 11:56

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:A different mindset could work wonders. Whatever happens, I can feel some of the gloom lifting.

TBH he did well at Brentford and Rangers - not so much at Forest - but still has a 55% overall win rate which is a damn sight higher than Parky's.
Misleading stat including Scottish football at 60+ % however i prey something happens, and an attacking manager i will never sleep.lets hope it comes off.

25Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 11:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I heard about it at 5.35 last night, from a reliable source, and it perked my evening up no end.

Had to read that twice Bonce. Thought your end perked up then. Shocked

26Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the reporting of this story, it seems the only original sources are Iles and Nixon and who's to say one isn't re-reporting the other as is commonplace in the media these days? Add to that the brinkmanship that is Anderson's trademark and it suggests there is plenty of opportunity for the deal to slip out of grasp.
If it does come to fruition there will be plenty of skepticism and the timing - days after the close of the transfer window - doesn't help, but from my view change, any change is not only inevitable but desirable.
But I won't be pinning my hopes on a revival of the club just yet - it's more a case of us having a chance to halt the decline brought about by the Anderson regime and that in itself would be an improvement.

27Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 12:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whatever happens has got to happen immediately. We are not likely to get more players in but a drastic change of tactics and attitude can bring us more points with the players we have IMO.

28Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 13:25

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:So with a few quid coming in, which striker is available now after the window has shut?  If money was no object to saving the season, who could be bought?
Juninho
Tardelli
Guiseppe Rossi
Agbonlahor
Carlos de Penha
Subotic
Berbatov
A bunch of quid  and a couple of those and we could conceivably stay up.

29Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Juninho
Tardelli
Guiseppe Rossi
Agbonlahor
Carlos de Penha
Subotic
Berbatov
A bunch of quid  and a couple of those and we could conceivably stay up.
Even if the Warburton consortium take the deal, there is no guarantee that they'll invest big so at this stage everything is possible.
However if I was buying the club and staring the prospect of relegation (and thereby reduced income) in the face, I'd be already planning to put a few bob aside to try to ensure survival. It would be a gamble, but the investment would be paid off by the survival bonus and it would result in starting to rebuild from a stronger platform in the summer. 
Everything hangs on whether or not the deal goes through and what the ambitions of the buyers are.

30Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 15:14

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I seem to remember when he left Forest there were rumours about problems with payments to his daughter who is a players agent.

I'm living in hope though that there is some good news on the horizon.

31Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone could do well at rangers.

32Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 18:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Was at the Chelsea-Huddersfield game yesterday, complete with all the hospitality, etc. Now that's how to run a football club.

33Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 18:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Was at the Chelsea-Huddersfield game yesterday, complete with all the hospitality, etc.

I’m disappointed Glos. I feel that you have been cheating on our club!

34Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 05:57

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

According to Iles there is now a rival bid from Russia.

Last edited by DEANO82 on Mon Feb 04 2019, 07:07; edited 1 time in total

35Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 07:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now we're talking..

36Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 09:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Russian interest emerges in Bolton Wanderers takeover talks

Hopes of a swift resolution to takeover talks at Bolton Wanderers are starting to fade, The Bolton News understands.

A group led by a UK-based investor has been in advanced negotiations with owner Ken Anderson since last week, holding talks in London over the sale of his 94.5 per cent controlling stake in the club.

An outline deal had been agreed in principle, and was subject to EFL approval. The lack of progress on final details over the weekend is said to be a concern but talks are set to continue today.

It has also emerged that Anderson engaged with a second prospective buyer from Russia some weeks ago and remains in dialogue.

Anderson has made no secret of his desire to sell to the right person and has reached this advanced stage before, only for the deal to fall down.

The Wanderers owner assured supporters last month: “I am the first to admit that the club needs someone with greater financial resources than l have to take the club forward and l can assure everyone l am doing my utmost to achieve this.”

Wanderers were beaten 2-0 by Sheffield United on Saturday and now sit three points from safety in the Championship.

Assistant manager Steve Parkin admits the failure land Blades striker Ched Evans was a crushing blow on deadline day “We thought we had managed to do it,” he said.

Evans scored a winner for Fleetwood against Charlton, two days after the League One club had refused to sign paperwork releasing the 30-year-old from a loan spell.

“It doesn’t surprise me, that’s why we wanted to bring him here,” Parkin added. “The lad wanted to come and it was bitterly disappointing for us all but we have to move on from that now. It’s no good wallowing in self-pity, we have got to roll our sleeves.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

37Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iles wrote wrote:A group led by a UK-based investor has been in advanced negotiations with owner Ken Anderson since last week, holding talks in London over the sale of his 94.5 per cent controlling stake in the club.

An outline deal had been agreed in principle, and was subject to EFL approval. The lack of progress on final details over the weekend is said to be a concern but talks are set to continue today.

Why am I not surprised? 
This is Anderson we're talking about. Can't wait to read him telling us how unreasonable/skint/unfit to own the club the UK consortium were.

Don't suppose we'll ever know what "final details" couldn't be agreed. I don't think you can consider price and terms of payment as "details" so what could this be a reference to I wonder?

Actually I don't wonder. It's the old mysterious second bidder trick.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

38Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 11:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson's greed coming to the fore again.

39Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 12:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad. May as well just let the club go under.

40Takeover imminent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 12:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Does anyone think Anderson has ever had any interest in the club except for the money he can make out of it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum