Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeover imminent?

+20
y2johnny
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
karlypants
Growler
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
DEANO82
gloswhite
Cajunboy
observer
terenceanne
wessy
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Kane57
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

41Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 13:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Talking of Anderson has anyone else seen his earlier tv appearances?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

42Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 13:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Was at the Chelsea-Huddersfield game yesterday, complete with all the hospitality, etc.

I’m disappointed Glos. I feel that you have been cheating on our club!
Not at all KP. Think of it as more a drowning man being allowed a last gasp of air !
It was great to see some really good football. Reminded me of how we used to play, sometimes, in our dim and distant past.
The whole package, hospitality, organisation, ground, seats, etc were spot on. Mind you, I haven't a clue how much such a season ticket would cost, in the thousands, as we paid not one pence for anything, including the free wine, Just £45 return on the train.
I'm looking forward to when we return to the big times, with our new owner(s), although I fear I might be dust by then  Very Happy

43Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deal's off.

44Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Deal's off.
Was it ever on?

45Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#killingtheclub

46Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a statement on the club's website, Anderson wrote: "I have seen the comments both in the media and on social media which allude to the fact that I am about to sell my stake in the club to a UK consortium.
"While I'd rather not comment on media speculation of this nature I would suggest that you ignore these rumours and treat them as pure media speculation.

"Of course it is no secret that I am looking for investment but I receive many enquiries virtually every week, a great deal of which often come from time wasters and dreamers who are unable to offer any proof of funding and disappear as quickly as they arrive.

"In my experience, when people leak details of a deal they rarely occur which is probably because they weren't in a position to do a deal in the first place.

"For the record, I didn't have any meetings in London last week in connection with a sale of the club.

"My focus, along with the management and recruitment team, was solely on recruitment and fending off unwanted bids for our players. Despite media comments of fire sales, players demanding transfers and unrest amongst the players, not one player left in the January transfer window.

"I can confirm, however, that detailed discussions are taking place with an interested party but as I am sure that you will appreciate I am unable to give you details at this stage."

47Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Obviously a load of Marc Iles codswallop again. Given the BN agenda, it's pointless believing anything they write these days. I don't see any reason to blame Anderson for this latest round of fake news.

48Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In an eventful day at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Stadium, a consortium fronted by a London-based investor who appeared to be on the verge of buying the club on Saturday evening claimed he had walked away from the deal completely citing a last-minute disagreement over terms.

That says a deal was agreed and Ken upped his asking price.

49Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:In an eventful day at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Stadium, a consortium fronted by a London-based investor who appeared to be on the verge of buying the club on Saturday evening claimed he had walked away from the deal completely citing a last-minute disagreement over terms.

That says a deal was agreed and Ken upped his asking price.
:like:

50Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Speculation on top of speculation.

51Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Speculation on top of speculation.
:nono:

52Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:09

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

53Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!
Shakespeare on Nuts!

Good writer was Will, considering he was confused by pencils.

54Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:24

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:

Despite media comments of fire sales, players demanding transfers and unrest amongst the players, not one player left in the January transfer window.

If you don't include ones that left such as Doidge

55Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:26

Ye great window Ken, still no serious strikers 12 months after selling Madine.

56Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:29

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

From Charlton Life 2016...
In Mail today
Bolton Wanderers new chairman Ken Anderson,a former football agent, was disqualified as a company director from 2005 until 2013 for transgressions including diverting company funds into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies and failure to cooperate with receivers. The Football League say Anderson passed their owners and directors test because his sentence has been served
It would appear that anyone can pass their test.

It's laughable that he passes the test but it's not funny for Bolton fans. Another club that will be destroyed thanks to the football league. But if they start protesting they need to be ready for investigations into their behaviour, not the fact that the football league let the guy into football club ownership in the first place!

I gave it a LOL, but this is actually completely and utterly fecking barmy.

The guy is clearly neither fit or proper to be involved with the running of a football club, that much is so very clear by his track record. To make matters worse though, he's being appointed a position at Bolton. Bolton who are, right now, the perfect example of financial mismanagement.

A club who have found themselves nowhere short of being a failure, had to fight off administration and are now facing what must be one of their lowest positions in recent history.

If, by some unsurprising turn of events, this appointment doesn't work out - who is it that will suffer? Is it the Football League? Is it the Chairman himself? Or is it thousands of fans who are supporting their club during one of it's darkest periods?

I think it's relatively easy to argue that the Football League are proving themselves to be incapable of fulfilling their responsibilities, and something really must change.

57Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:35

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:Ye great window Ken, still no serious strikers 12 months after selling Madine.
Aye. We are a 2nd tier club averaging over 14,000 crowds and have made over a £10 million profit in the transfer market in Ken's time.
Our first choice striker with everyone fit is currently the 35 year old never was Clayton Donaldson.
Apparantly we are on course to be the lowest scorers in the 2nd tier since 3 points for a win was introduced in 1981/82
Clayton Donaldson must be up there as one of the worst first choice strikers at any 2nd tier club in that time.
Thanks Ken

58Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 20:39

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy should've chosen his heroes more wisely

59Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 20:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Sluffy should've chosen his heroes more wisely

Sleep Sleep Sleep

60Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 21:34

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Ye great window Ken, still no serious strikers 12 months after selling Madine.
Aye. We are a 2nd tier club averaging over 14,000 crowds and have made over a £10 million profit in the transfer market in Ken's time.
Our first choice striker with everyone fit is currently the 35 year old never was Clayton Donaldson.
Apparantly we are on course to be the lowest scorers in the 2nd tier since 3 points for a win was introduced in 1981/82
Clayton Donaldson must be up there as one of the worst first choice strikers at any 2nd tier club in that time.
Thanks Ken

Averaging over 14k? When???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum