Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth.

+27
Culcheth_White
MartinBWFC
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
Tigermin
observer
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
rammywhite
gloswhite
Triumph
JohannesburgWanderer
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

121Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:I don't understand it when managers are given say, a few games to save their job.

Why can't clubs look at these things objectively? Either he's good enough or he's not. He's already had 70 matches at the club. What's another 3 gonna tell us about him that we don't already know?

I think of that as akin to a Final Written Warning in a 'normal' job doffcocker. It's basically saying "You're finished unless you immediately improve to a degree that would rank with what happened after Jesus said "Lazarus Come Forth" and it makes the board look as if they have given him every chance and have been nice guys despite them being a large part of the ongoing problem at the club. It also gives Gartside an out, he can say "Well, we did warn him so he can't claim it was out of the blue" if DF takes the club to a tribunal for his compo. 

Effectively it's a CYB from the board. (Cover Your Backside) that means if lawyers get involved they can state he was put through the proper disciplinary procedures as per employment law.

122Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just got back from a freezing Reebok and yet again Freedman blew it, why bring off Mavies and bring on Medo? He gave up the initiative and we just sat back again trying to soak up the pressure which as every single Bolton fan will tell you we can't do.

The inevitable happens and they equalise and he decides to bring on an attacking midfielder then! The man is clueless and the Freedman out chants could be heard all around the ground

Get rid of this defensive minded idiot before we go down! He has no clue tactically and also reacts to us conceding, why can't he be proactive like Eddie Howe was, he brought on 2 extra strikers and went for it.

123Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:13

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To be fair i thought Bournemouth earned a point at least, once again we played for just part of a game, this time the first 30 minutes at 2- 0 we looked sound, a rocket to bring it to 2-1 and the confidence and desire just drained away. they out passed us and made better off the ball runs, we were static in comparison.

Juke was a positive today, but the substitution was beyond belief!!! Mavies off Medo replacing him, this said to everybody on the ground we are hoping to hold out for a 2-1 win, This against Bournemouth FFS. And from that point you knew what was coming the equaliser.

Our home form will get us relegated, i never want to see a manager sacked, but after being here 18 month he not only does not know his best eleven he cannot select a settled defence, midfield or attack. (oh and best goalkeeper anyone) We find ourselves in the ridiculous position of being unable to play 442 at home because we only have one Centre Forward and he is here on Loan.

Cannot see how we can get to 55 points with this team in this mood, this spells relegation unless something changes.

124Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't really add much to what has already been said but Mavies off for Medo was madness, ok Freedman said Mavies had only trained 3 times this week so wanted to take him off after 60mins, but to not do a like of like sub for Moritz/Danns was very odd.

I hope for his own sake that he goes before it gets much worse with the crowd because a few hundred today chanting for him to go tonight will turn into a few thousand come Tuesday night.

125Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bournemouth played some lovely football. They were still going for it after the equaliser.
I don't know what Copper Dragon's thoughts on Eddie Howe are but I was impressed today.

126Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Too true Doff, for a team that have just been promoted from league one they pass it around very nicely but IMO we made them a lot better than they actually are today.

Same old story, we just let them have all the time in the world on the ball until we concede and then we start to have a go.

127Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has the clueless one spoke to the press yet? What bullshit and excuses will he come up with this time?

128Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:42

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Has the clueless one spoke to the press yet? What bullshit and excuses will he come up with this time?
Trust me norpig you don't want to read his comments, they made my piss boil, deluded prick that he is.

129Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Two Points Dropped:

“There’s no use trying to hide it, we’re very disappointed with the result,” Freedman said after the final whistle.

“We played ever so well today. We got two goals up, but then there lad has scored a very good goal from 30 yards and that knocked us back.

“One of their players took a knock to the head in the run up to the goal and one or two of our players hesitated. We can have no complaints because you always have to play to the whistle.

“Grabban then puts it in the top corner from 30 yards.

“It wasn’t an enjoyable second half. Bournemouth put us under a lot of pressure and I was disappointed with the way we conceded the second goal from a set piece.

“We rallied in the end and gave it a real go in the final ten minutes, but overall it wasn’t the result we wanted.

“We feel like we’ve dropped two points today, but we have got to stick together and ensure that we keep battling away.

“Individually, there were some very good performances from our boys out there today. I thought Adam Bogdan pulled off some great saves on his return to the side.

“Lukas Jukiewicz scored a great goal and worked very hard up front and when Medo came on he got into some very good areas.

“We’ve shown that we have got goals in us. We just need to make sure that instead of performing for patches of the game, that we’re right at it for the full 95 minutes.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

130Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

131Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:48

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What a load of woffle, he needs kicking in the bollock's, if he as any.

132Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:49

I zoned out after "It was a good performance."

And what the fuck are "scars of beyond days"......?

This man must live in a parallel universe.

133Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I zoned out after "It was a good performance."

I think the scars line is a good point tbh, there's a culture of losing at this club and accepting losses. 

part of that is down to himself i agree but it does go deep.

134Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 20:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Breadman wrote:I zoned out after "It was a good performance."

I think the scars line is a good point tbh, there's a culture of losing at this club and accepting losses. 

part of that is down to himself i agree but it does go deep.
Not quite as deep as Whittam's fanny scars from David Nugent!

135Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 20:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
Not quite as deep as Whittam's fanny scars from David Nugent!

I am officially issuing a death threat against Culcheth White.

136Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 20:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Bournemouth played some lovely football. They were still going for it after the equaliser.
I don't know what Copper Dragon's thoughts on Eddie Howe are but I was impressed today.

Like I said in my previous post on this thread, he likes the slow build up play with lots of possession (I haven't seen the stats for your game but I bet they nailed you on possession).

He does like to play the game the right way but he doesn't yet know how to mix it up a bit. There was a spell where we were scoring two and three goals away from home but not winning the game.

He also knows a player when he sees one, he brought in Trippier, Shackell, Ings and Vokes (although he brought in a few dummies as well).

137Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 20:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Eddie Howe for Bolton anyone?

I know he got homesick at Burnley but Bolton's not as rough as Burnley.

138Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 20:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Two Points Dropped:

“There’s no use trying to hide it, we’re very disappointed with the result,” Freedman said after the final whistle.

“We played ever so well today. We got two goals up, but then there lad has scored a very good goal from 30 yards and that knocked us back.

“One of their players took a knock to the head in the run up to the goal and one or two of our players hesitated. We can have no complaints because you always have to play to the whistle.

“Grabban then puts it in the top corner from 30 yards.

“It wasn’t an enjoyable second half. Bournemouth put us under a lot of pressure and I was disappointed with the way we conceded the second goal from a set piece.

“We rallied in the end and gave it a real go in the final ten minutes, but overall it wasn’t the result we wanted.

“We feel like we’ve dropped two points today, but we have got to stick together and ensure that we keep battling away.

“Individually, there were some very good performances from our boys out there today. I thought Adam Bogdan pulled off some great saves on his return to the side.

“Lukas Jukiewicz scored a great goal and worked very hard up front and when Medo came on he got into some very good areas.

“We’ve shown that we have got goals in us. We just need to make sure that instead of performing for patches of the game, that we’re right at it for the full 95 minutes.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In his interview with GMR he was explaining the Davies>Medo sub.

He said Davies wasn't injured, but he became worried after seeing him make a forward run and not tracking back. And something else about missing a couple days training in midweek.

For me this sums up Freedman. It's all about getting as many bodies behind the ball as possible. He just doesn't see the bigger picture which is that if you don't have players high up the pitch, the ball's only gonna keep coming back at you.

It's awful seeing us defend a corner and we've got absolutely nobody up there to hold it up when it gets cleared.

139Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 21:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sounds as if Becks is out for another 4 weeks if rumours are to be believed.

140Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 21:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Eddie Howe for Bolton anyone?

I know he got homesick at Burnley but Bolton's not as rough as Burnley.

Very Happy 

You mean a town outside Bolton isn't as rough.  Cool 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum