Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth.

+27
Culcheth_White
MartinBWFC
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
Tigermin
observer
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
rammywhite
gloswhite
Triumph
JohannesburgWanderer
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

141Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 21:13

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:Eddie Howe for Bolton anyone?

I know he got homesick at Burnley but Bolton's not as rough as Burnley.
You absolute bellend! I told you we should have gone for Tony Pulis.

142Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 21:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Very disturbing comments coming from the manager, openly calling the players character means one thing only. There must be massive rift in the dressing room. we have been successful in the past because the club was together. This is very bad news and explains quite a lot.

Once that bond is broken one of two things must happen, either the manager goes or the players go.

Will the board allow DF to stay? and clear out his supposed trouble makers, or will he walk the plank like many before him? At the end of the day the buck stops with the manager?

143Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 21:46

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Culcheth_White wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Eddie Howe for Bolton anyone?

I know he got homesick at Burnley but Bolton's not as rough as Burnley.
You absolute bellend! I told you we should have gone for Tony Pulis.
Them that's in the know shoud have known.

We should have gone for Pulis.

Even tho they knew, he plays boring football

144Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 21:51

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Saw a bloke in Scotts today with Pratley across the back of his shirt !!!! I didnt know wether to laugh or cry and that my friends was the highlight of todays match day experiance !!! Fuck off Freedman you utter utter utter bellend !!

145Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How long has Pulis been at Palace? 2-3 months? In which period, they've played about 8 relegation strugglers at home. Not to mention the honeymoon period effect.

Are we seriously saying that Pulis is the man we need on this basis? Let's see where Palace are in a year's time, when he's spent £50m on £10m worth of seven-footers.

146Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:27

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:How long has Pulis been at Palace? 2-3 months? In which period, they've played about 8 relegation strugglers at home. Not to mention the honeymoon period effect.

Are we seriously saying that Pulis is the man we need on this basis? Let's see where Palace are in a year's time, when he's spent £50m on £10m worth of seven-footers.
Pulis has a reputation within the game for achieving solid results on small budgets and also maintains the proud record of never being relegated as a manager.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

147Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:Pulis has a reputation within the game for achieving solid results on small budgets and also maintains the proud record of never being relegated as a manager.

Natasha Whittam has a reputation for being a beautiful businesswoman and model with a decent rack.

148Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Natasha Whittam has a reputation for being a beautiful businesswoman and model with a decent rack.

You complete bellend.

I know you want me.

149Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't even get angry anymore, it's become so predictable.

As soon as Bournemouth scored their first goal I turned to my man-servant and said "this will finish 2-2."

Freedman is about as tactically inept as it gets, but he's also like a fucking goldfish as he can't seem to remember that our defence is absolute shite and couldn't hold a lead if their life depended on it (we wish).

Bringing Medo on was just plain embarrassing and for that switch alone the board should be asking him to clear out his desk tonight. We will never progress with a manager who thinks going defensive as soon as you get a goal infront is the way forward.

150Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 00:48

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Listen to the very last sentence of his moronic comments. "We just need to show some desire and keep the ball out of the back of our net." That's his obsession, his "raison d'etre" and it's going to end up killing us. I can't believe now that there was ever a time when we all thought he was a bright progressive young manager.
He's got to go, soon as possible or we WILL get relegated.

151Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 00:59

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fuckin' awful today,dreadful. Worst ever under Duggie IMO. We couldn't have complained if we lost 6-2, Bournemouth were that much better. The Juke looks more than half decent but like others before him just disappears into obscurity fighting for possession on his own upfront with no support whatsoever.
Liam Trotter looked slow,overweight,unfit and disinterested. The game completely passed him by but he still gets to stay on ahead of Mavies.
Don't have any sympathy whatsoever for Freedman as regards the booing and "Duggie Out" chants. He's stubborn,arrogant and as clueless as Clueless.

152Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:25

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another Saturday afternoon wasted at the Reebok, frozen,soaked to the bone and bugger all to cheer or get excited about. 2-1 up at home to lowly AFC Bournemouth and you're sat in the North Stand Lower thinking "right, just for once this season,attack this end,entertain me,score some goals,bring a bit of the feelgood factor back to supporting Bolton,give me something to get excited about,remind me why I shell out so much money for a season ticket to come and watch these overpaid primadonnas play football week after week."
But Duggie's thinking "Shit, we're 2-1 up here, if we can just find some way of preventing these Bournemouth bastards from scoring for the next 45 mins we're gonna get 3 points here."

153Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Report: Bolton 2-2 AFC Bournemouth Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 2-2 AFC Bournemouth

IN BRIEF

Simon Francis’ second half strike ensured that the points would be shared between Wanderers and AFC Bournemouth in a 2-2 draw at the Reebok Stadium.

The Whites had taken two goal lead through Chung-Yong Lee and Lukas Jutkiewicz, but Lewis Grabban’s long range effort had given the Cherries hope before the break.

Despite Bolton enjoying opportunities to extend their lead in the second period, Francis struck with 25 minutes remaining to rescue a point for Eddie Howe’s side.

TEAM NEWS

Dougie Freedman made four changes to the side which started against Ipswich Town last week, with Adam Bogdan, Chris Eagles, Chung-Yong Lee and Liam Trotter coming into the starting eleven in place of Andrew Lonergan, Darren Pratley, Neil Danns and Medo.

FIRST HALF

As the game got underway, it was to be the visitors who would enjoy the first notable opportunity as Harry Arter unleashed from distance, but his effort flashed narrowly past Bogdan’s upright.

No sooner had Eddie Howe’s men come close however, Wanderers were right back in the thick of the action as Trotter powered down the left flank before firing a dangerous ball across the face of goal, but nobody was able to meet the midfielder’s cross.

A chance which seemed to work wonders for Bolton’s confidence, Eagles forced Lee Camp into action a few minutes later following a mazy run down the wing, but his resulting effort rippled the side netting.

With both sides enjoying chances, Bogdan denied Lewis Grabban with 18 minutes gone as the striker broke free of the Bolton defence, with the goalkeeper smartly scooping the ball from his feet with a goal seemingly imminent.

Just a minute later however, the Whites looked certain to open the scoring as Eagles found Alex Baptiste in space, but the defender fired over with the goal at his mercy.

No sooner had they squandered such a glorious opportunity however, Wanderers finally broke the deadlock through Chung-Yong Lee with Mark Davies’ pin point pass into the feet of the winger leaving him with the simple task of firing home past a helpless Camp in the 20th minute.

A goal which appeared to breathe life into the team, the Whites proceeded to test the Cherries’ defence continuously as the clock ran down to the break and were rewarded with 33 minutes on the clock as Lukas Jutkiewicz opened his account for the club in style with a superb lofted effort over the Bournemouth keeper.

Having secured a deserved commanding lead, Wanderers were shell shocked less than 60 seconds later as Grabban halved the deficit with an incredible effort from all of 35 yards which left Bogdan with no chance.

Determined to restore their two goal advantage, Bolton peppered the Bournemouth goal as the half entered its final minutes with efforts including an audacious half volley from Mark Davies which flew inches wide of the post, but the half time whistle saw Wanderers in front.

SECOND HALF

Having ended the first period on such a high, the hosts almost had a third with the half just two minutes old as Eagles powered down the right flank and towards goal, but the winger could only find the side netting.

Eagles was once again in the thick of the action shortly after as he played the ball into the feet of Davies who scrambled towards goal, but Camp was out quickly to deny the midfielder at the death.

With Wanderers failing to make their possession count, Bournemouth still looked incredibly dangerous on the break with Grabban and Arter proving themselves a nuisance in and around the Bolton penalty area.

With one goal under his belt already Jutkiewicz almost had another on the hour mark following an impressive solo run from the half way line, but the striker was snuffed out with a Bolton goal appearing imminent.

The Cherries, clearly growing in confidence as the deficit remained at just one, pushed forward in their numbers and were almost rewarded when Steve Cook headed into the side netting from a corner kick with 25 minutes remaining.

Having put the Whites under pressure for much of the second half however, their determination paid off just a minute later as Simon Francis bundled the ball home from Ian Harte’s close range header to pull Bournemouth level.

A bitter pill to swallow for Bolton, the visitors almost completed what had seemed an unlikely comeback two minutes later as substitute Yann Kermorgant flicked the ball goalwards, but Bogdan was on his guard to palm it away for a corner.

As the clock ran down, Andre Moritz was thrown into the mix for added firepower as Wanderers went in search of a winning goal which almost came following great work from Eagles, but Camp was out quickly to smother the ball away from the advancing Bolton attack.

Tokelo Rantie looked set to hand the visitors the lead with 12 minutes remaining despite Bolton protestations for an offside flag, but Bogdan was out quickly to deny him and keep the scores level.

Jutkiewicz, a thorn in the Cherries’ side all afternoon, almost had Wanderers back in front with seven minutes remaining with an effort through a crowded penalty area, but the frontman saw his shot whistle past the post.

Baptiste was next to come close with the defender’s looping effort flying inches over the crossbar, while substitute Neil Danns’ curled shot failed to test Camp in the Bournemouth goal.

With the game entering added time, Wanderers pressed for a winning goal as both Jutkiewicz and Lee went close but their efforts were in to be in vain as the Cherries held out for a point.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

154Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

155Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fucking two nil up though.

156Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The guy down for their first goal appears to be knocked out in my professional medical opinion.

surprised the ref played on there.

157Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 20:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Two good saves by Bogdan.

I give him enough stick so I feel it is right to give him a bit of credit when he's earnt it.

How the fuck the chap scored the second goal though? Do we not keep players on the posts at corners these days?

158Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 20:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Two good saves by Bogdan.

I give him enough stick so I feel it is right to give him a bit of credit when he's earnt it.

How the fuck the chap scored the second goal though?  Do we not keep players on the posts at corners these days?

That's what pisses me off, how many goals would we not let in putting players on the post?

And also, when we're defending a corner, put some fucker on the half-way line, otherwise, when cleared, its coming straight back at you.

159Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 20:54

Looked like Spearing should have been on the post there, but he'd wandered out a bit.

And I agree with Hipster, that guy on the deck looked spark out to me.

160Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Sun Feb 09 2014, 21:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The guy down for their first goal appears to be knocked out in my professional medical opinion.

I thought the same thing at the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum