Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth.

+27
Culcheth_White
MartinBWFC
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
Tigermin
observer
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
rammywhite
gloswhite
Triumph
JohannesburgWanderer
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

161Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 09:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The guy down for their first goal appears to be knocked out in my professional medical opinion.

I thought the same thing at the time.
I'm sure Bournemouth won't be complaining.

162Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 12:09

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

163Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Fucking two nil up though.
There's the problem right there.

Pre-match we had a fair old sprinkling of predictions ranging from the "we are due a win" (never understood the logic in that!) to the usual doom and gloom (RR lose 1-2, Nat, Aaron and LPP 1 -1, HP lose 0-1 and Doff "a draw") Most were more optimistic predictions though - but were based on the premise that somehow Bournemouth are crap despite what the table says.

If we hadn't gone 2 nil up (even though that barely lasted a minute) the draw might have been more palatable and more in line with expectations - but I guess the bastards boosted our confidence before letting us down again which made it harder to bear.

164Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 15:08

Let's face it though, throwing away a 2 goal lead at home to a mid table side is inexcusable really. Coyle was a master at it and I hammered him for it. Something's gone badly wrong this season, I don't know if he's lost the dressing room but that would help to explain the lack of fight and belief we're seeing. I'd love for him to turn it around as he has a lot of qualities we'll need during our financial uncertainty (focus on youth recruitment, cheap transfers) but he's not getting the best out of what he has.

165Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 15:31

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:Let's face it though, throwing away a 2 goal lead at home to a mid table side is inexcusable really. Coyle was a master at it and I hammered him for it. Something's gone badly wrong this season, I don't know if he's lost the dressing room but that would help to explain the lack of fight and belief we're seeing. I'd love for him to turn it around as he has a lot of qualities we'll need during our financial uncertainty (focus on youth recruitment, cheap transfers) but he's not getting the best out of what he has.
What qualities do you see in him? He can talk the talk but contradicts himself frequently.

166Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 15:50

I've mentioned the 2 qualities in the above post. Whoever comes in needs to continue the focus on youth.

167Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 15:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I've mentioned the 2 qualities in the above post. Whoever comes in needs to continue the focus on youth.

You said "focus on youth recruitment, cheap transfers".

Freedman may have brought in a few kids but it doesn't mean they are any good. And his reluctance to give any kids a chance in the 1st team, even when the team is doing so badly, suggests it's unlikely to ever happen.

Cheap transfers? Maybe, but how many of his cheap transfers are actually any good?

I put to you that he is shite at everything.

168Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 16:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure how anyone can really question the players he's dug up, basically from the bin, scrabbling around with virtually no money in the loan market. 

the ones that come to mind that I don't think worked out are Butterfield, De Ridder, Gary Fraser. The others have either been pretty successful or just haven't had a chance or enough of one to judge. 

Not really a fan of Spearing personally but majority of fans clamoured for that one. 

again the real dig would be the way he uses players. You certainly can't say he's brought in stinker after stinker.

169Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 16:40

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
again the real dig would be the way he uses players. You certainly can't say he's brought in stinker after stinker.

That's exactly my view on it.

170Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 17:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My main gripe with him is that he's gone for mediocre in quantity instead of fewer but quality players and especially in positions in which we're weak. It's accepted money's tight but that's when it's important to spend what you have wisely if sparingly. I don't think Freedman's done that at all well just scatter gunning players who are no better than those we have (and had) when he came. Farming out the Sordell's Andrews N'Gogs and even Davies's of this world and sidelining Mears and our youngsters doesn't appear good management to me when we're short of cash anyway. I just don't feel he comes across as sincere with his constant change of whims and that surely must get through to the players. At the end of the day it's down to players to perform and they haven't but I wonder how much of that is just down to not really wanting to for Freeman?

171Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 18:06

'Farming out the Sordell's Andrews N'Gogs and even Davies's of this world and sidelining Mears'

Do you think any of them are actually any good though? They haven't shown it for us if so. I'd have persevered with Sordell this season purely because we have little choice (nobody would sign him permanently). But he had to go to free up wages for Moritz was my taking on the situation

172Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 18:17

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:'Farming out the Sordell's Andrews N'Gogs and even Davies's of this world and sidelining Mears'

Do you think any of them are actually any good though? They haven't shown it for us if so. I'd have persevered with Sordell this season purely because we have little choice (nobody would sign him permanently). But he had to go to free up wages for Moritz was my taking on the situation

It's clear they haven't performed brilliantly 74 but I just feel that Dougie might have worked with them a little bit more than he has. I do of course accept much of his hand has been finance related but he's had Mears all season sat picking up the cash yet never giving him a chance to play despite the fact we're weak at full back. Surely Mears isn't that bad I don't accept that. We can discuss endlessly the merits of the situation and whether it's the players or the manager. Ultimately we're a few points off relegation, the football's poor and confidence is low. Much of that just had to be down to management, or rather lack of it. I think the no money side has been over used now and we genuinely have to question Freedman's capability to do this job. You know I don't think he can whilst you've been fully supportive. That's all well and good but I think that support and belief must now be waning even for you in so many of the things he does?

173Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 18:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:'Farming out the Sordell's Andrews N'Gogs and even Davies's of this world and sidelining Mears'

I think Sordell has a bit of talent but he's proven under successive managers that mentally he's not "up for it" Not seen him at Charlton much but his record would suggest he's not ripping up any trees.

Andrews was absolutely lambasted as one of our "worst ever players" before he left, N'gog our "worst signing ever."

174Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 18:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sordell, Andrews and Ngog were all rubbish, absolute rubbish. Typical Owen Coyle signings.

Freedman has signed Baptiste who is garbage, especially for the money he's on. Tierney who has the positional sense of a diseased donkey, Hall who is excruciatingly poor, Moritz who looks like he'd rather be lounging in some brothel in downtown Rio, Spearing who hasn't even mastered the basics and Medo who is simply Spearing mkII.

Freedman's signings have been awful. Good managers can spot good players in the lower leagues, Freedman will never be able to do that.

175Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 19:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sordell, Andrews and Ngog were all rubbish, absolute rubbish. Typical Owen Coyle signings.

Freedman has signed Baptiste who is garbage, especially for the money he's on. Tierney who has the positional sense of a diseased donkey, Hall who is excruciatingly poor, Moritz who looks like he'd rather be lounging in some brothel in downtown Rio, Spearing who hasn't even mastered the basics and Medo who is simply Spearing mkII.

Freedman's signings have been awful. Good managers can spot good players in the lower leagues, Freedman will never be able to do that.

176Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bournemouth. Mon Feb 10 2014, 19:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Sordell, Andrews and Ngog were all rubbish, absolute rubbish. Typical Owen Coyle signings.

Freedman's signings have been awful. Good managers can spot good players in the lower leagues, Freedman will never be able to do that.Wilkinson,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum